Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Tipping the owner of a venue?

Hi There!

We are getting married at a small winery. The package is inclusive of ceremony/ reception facilities, food, and wine at a per head cost. The owner is acting as the coordinator and is helping with a good amount of the planning and is the day of coordinator. There isn't a service fee already included in the package and I am trying to figure out what the best way to tip the owner is. Any advice? 

Re: Tipping the owner of a venue?

• Options
    I think the general advice around here is not to tip the owner but to tip the day of coordinator. Not sure of exact amounts; the other ladies here could help with that.
  • Options
    My site coordinator's fee was included in the cost of the venue (and the person actually varied depending on who was on shift when I contacted the venue).  I did tip my day-of coordinator $150.  Maybe tip this person $250, if he or she is doing multiple things?  Just throwing out numbers...you could also go the tip 20% route (unless your venue total will be like $60,000 and the tip would be $12,000...that'd be very generous B) )
  • Options
    Hi There!

We are getting married at a small winery. The package is inclusive of ceremony/ reception facilities, food, and wine at a per head cost. The owner is acting as the coordinator and is helping with a good amount of the planning and is the day of coordinator. There isn't a service fee already included in the package and I am trying to figure out what the best way to tip the owner is. Any advice? 
    It typically is not customary to tip the proprietor of a business. However, if you want to I don't think that's out of line. I think we tipped our coordinator around $300. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards