Wedding Invitations & Paper

Address label stamps

I have the world's worst handwriting! I was hoping to find a custom return address label stamp to use for our save the dates and invitations. Has anyone had an experience with the ones from WPD or simply to impress? Or any other website? 

Re: Address label stamps

• The worst problem  I have found with them is that the ink tends to smear.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • We used stickers ordered from vistaprint for our return address labels and was quite happy them with. 
  • I bought a stamp through etsy for our STDs, and the recommended ink and I was really happy with it. It was pricey (~$80-90 total) but was high quality and the Ink didn't run and it was pretty detailed and custom made. Happy to send info via PM if you want. 
  • I was worried about that @CMGragain. @charlotte989876 I would love the info, thank you. 
    @Ironring , I will check out labels also, thank you for the suggestion. 
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2016
    While I hate computer addressed sticky labels for addressing the invitations to guests, I don't have a problem with nicely printed ones  for the return address.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I received a save the date and invitation that had home printed labels for both "to" and return address. I did not like the way it looked. I figure I can suck it up and try really hard on the "to" but i would like some nice consistency in my return address. 
  • I received a save the date and invitation that had home printed labels for both "to" and return address. I did not like the way it looked. I figure I can suck it up and try really hard on the "to" but i would like some nice consistency in my return address. 
    You can always try printing the envelopes in a very light script font, then tracing over it if you have poor handwriting. I'll message you the store name I used for the stamp. 
    I ordered our return address stamp from Paper Source. It's a self-inking stamper so the ink dries almost instantly.
  • I designed and ordered a custom stamp from rubberstamps.net that I loved! It was $15. Paper Source has several designs on their website for under $30. The stamp pads work pretty great. Stamps look a little cleaner than stickers in my opinion.
  • julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2016
    I bought one from here: http://www.rubberstamps.com/remarks/  I just had our first names on it, and had a design that wasn't TOO weddingy, so I could use it afterwards, like for holiday cards.  Worked great.

ETA: I also did the return address on the back, since the stamp was more of a square shape vs a smaller one that fit in the top corner.
    Married 9.12.15
    For my daughter's invitations, we used a Sharpie-like marker called Elegant Writer.  We used our best printing handwriting versus cursive, and gave some of the upper case letters a little "flair".  We took a larger index card and retraced all the lines with a thick Sharpie.  We inserted that card into the envelope with the lines facing toward the front of the envelope.  It gave us a set of lines to make sure we kept our writing straight, and kept our spacing in perspective.

It wasn't calligraphy, but definitely looked better and more personal than labels.
  • @mobkaz that's a great idea. We are using postcards for our STDs so the lines are already there, but this will be helpful for invites! 
  • I have seen many vendors (WPD, minted, eInvite.com) offer custom return address printing. To be honest, it's better than a stamp. It's an option, right.
    You know is love when flowers bloom ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards