Chit Chat

TGIF- NOT!!!

The townhouse we are renting went under contract in just 3 days.  Woohoo. (we found a new place and was breaking the lease, so this works in our favor).

The inspector came this morning.  I told him NOT to run the washer because the fill sensor is broken so it never stops filling.   Just waiting on a part.

Bet you can guess where I'm going here, right?

He ran the washer.  WATER FUCKING EVERYWHERE!!!!

Laundry is on the 3rd floor.  Water coming down the vents, light fixtures, ceiling, you name it.

I'm so pissed!   The inspector is taking full responsibility.   The water damage guy is here already.     Just major inconvenience for me.  I have errands to run and while I can leave, it feels weird.  Especially with the dogs (they are locked up in the office because the door has to be open to use the vacuums.)

Oh and I spent $290 on TUESDAY to clean the carpets.  Yep, just 4 days ago. The water damage guy came in with dirty shoes.    GRRRR.   He will clean,, but really?   Really?

I can't wait to get out of this place.

Hope everyone else is having a better day.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: TGIF- NOT!!!

• That is so so so crappy!!! what was he thinking?

I remember moving out of my apt, I waited for the very last second to do the carpets because I didn't trust myself.  Man, where they shitty carpets from the 70's and they probably weren't going to change them out either.

• That is so so so crappy!!! what was he thinking?

I remember moving out of my apt, I waited for the very last second to do the carpets because I didn't trust myself.  Man, where they shitty carpets from the 70's and they probably weren't going to change them out either.
    Well the landlord requires us to have the carpets cleaned when we moved out.  These are at least 17 years old.  Always been a rental.

When she put the house on the market the realtor said the carpets really needed to be cleaned to show well.  

She asked us to clean the carpets now instead of when we moved out so they look good for showings.   We agreed because no big furniture was going to be moved, so in the end it cost us less money since there was less surface area to clean.

At least the water damage guys are cleaning the carpets today and then again once all the dry wall is complete.   When that will be is not known.  

I'm irrationally irritated because the landlord has done jack shit to this place and had some unreasonable policies on things breaking.    I'm doing all the work and or is the most inconvenienced.  I swear if she doesn't give us 100% of the deposit back I'm going to sue.   Ha.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • That's a huge PITA. I'd be pissed too.
  • That really sucks. How did he explain running the washer after you asked/told him not to and exactly what was wrong??
  • That really sucks. How did he explain running the washer after you asked/told him not to and exactly what was wrong??
    He was there for over an hour.  He basically was going through the motions and forgot I told him not to run the washer.   

2 weeks ago we found out the washer's fill sensor wasn't working. The washer never stopped filling.   The first time it happened DH happened to be up there and caught the problem early.  Living in a small town it took 2 weeks to be looked at.   Now we are waiting on a part to fix the problem.  

As soon as he arrived he asked to start the dishwasher.  At that time i said sure, but you can't run the washer because the fill sensor is not working and you will flood the place. He said okay.

An hour or so later he forgot.   He has been really good.  Taking all the responsibility.  It's just that I still have to deal with the consequences.  Like 7 blowers and 1 dehumidifier running all day.

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2016
    When DH and I were traveling, we left our college age kids in the house.  Daughter was job hunting, and she was very excited to get a call from a good school that wanted to interview her ASAP.  She used the toilet, flushed and ran out the door.  The toilet clogged, the chain got hung up on the lever, and the toilet continued to run.  Two hours later, son wakes up and walks downstairs to the Johnstown Flood.  It was raining water through to the basement.

We telephoned the kids to check while in Bath, UK.  I was in one of those little phone booths (Dr. Who).  My husband heard me say, "That's OK, Son.  That is why we have homeowner's insurance."  DH freaked out and grabbed the phone.  He stopped breathing and turned red, purple and them almost black in the face.  I started pounding on his back to get him to inhale.

By the time we got back home, the carpets were dried out, but DH lost some stuff in the basement.  We re-carpeted before we sold the house a few years later.

Daughter got the job.  I started feeding her more fiber.

I am so sorry this happened to you!

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • edited October 2016
    That sucks I'm sorry!  As if moving isn't stressful enough. 

Our office just moved to a new building about a month ago and a contractor busted a pipe and left it so the whole office section I sit in was flooded. I practically sat on (spelling edit) one of those blowers for a week. They're so annoying!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards