Attire & Accessories Forum

Corset back wedding dress

When I went to my first fitting, the woman who was doing my alterations tied the strings to my corset-back wedding dress in a bow with strings that hung down the dress.

When I went back for my last fitting/to pick up my dress, a different staff member tucked them under the skirt of the dress so that they couldn't be seen.

Do you think one way looks better than the other?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Corset back wedding dress

• drglitter said:
    When I went to my first fitting, the woman who was doing my alterations tied the strings to my corset-back wedding dress in a bow with strings that hung down the dress.

When I went back for my last fitting/to pick up my dress, a different staff member tucked them under the skirt of the dress so that they couldn't be seen.

Do you think one way looks better than the other?
    I like them tucked in, looks neater and more put together to me. Plus less likely they get caught on something. 
  • Unless the ribbon is particularly ornate or something, tuck them in. They are meant to be tucked in. Also yes- don't want those strings coming un-done!

• mine were tucked in.  I think it looks better that way.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Thanks ladies. I guess I just hadn't been around enough to know what was expected.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • IMO - do which you like better.  Really - this is a "no right or wrong answer"...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards