Not Engaged Yet

Monday Questions

It's October!!! 

I got some kind of head cold over the weekend, and had an extreme reaction to nyquil, so need some distractions right now:

How was your weekend?
Anything exciting coming up?
Do you like the fall?  If so, what's your favorite part?
Give me some dinner inspiration.
If I give you $50 show me what shoes you'd buy.
What monthly subscriptions do you currently have?

Re: Monday Questions

• How was your weekend? Aside from getting sick and my body freaking out from medication, it was nice.  Went shopping with my mom at Nordstom Rack and Whole Foods.  Got two new skirts and a blazer, plus some yummy food.

Anything exciting coming up? Birthday month!! Whatever my bf has in mind for my birthday.  My bf's brother's wedding.

Do you like the fall?  If so, what's your favorite part? I love fall, but I refuse to accept the coldness until October.  As soon as October 1st hits, I'm all about boots, scarves, and the changing of the leaves.

Give me some dinner inspiration. I made a potroast in the crock pot yesterday with beer and apple cider and potatoes.  It was delicious.

Just bought these from DSW. Me Too Arctic Riding Boot:

Netflix, Hulu, Spotify -- Also have Bright Cellars Wine, but that's on hold
  • How was your weekend?

My weekend was nice. My BF came home after spending a week in Alaska, so we had a date day on Saturday. Went to lunch, went wine tasting, and got one of our NASA posters framed. Sunday we got to see his brother and nephews, and then had pizza for dinner.

I just noticed that next Monday is Columbus Day! It's my favorite BS holiday ever! I get the day off. Wooo! We also have a beach cabin booked for a day sometime this month. It will be fun to take Marv to the ocean.

Do you like the fall?  If so, what's your favorite part?

I love the fall! My coats are my favorite clothing items. I like them long with hoods and cute belts that I can cinch.

Give me some dinner inspiration.

THIS is one of my favorite recipes of all time. It always disappears insanely fast though.

I don't really have a ton of time to get caught up in shoe shopping right now. ;)

None! Kind of crazy. I do Blue Apron weekly, but that's it. And apparently I started getting Sports Illustrated for some reason?

• How was your weekend? Good! H and I drove up to northern WA to visit his aunt/uncle, cousins, and grandma. The guys golfed all day Saturday, while I napped on the couch and grandma napped in a chair, watching Meet the Parents and then Meet the Fokkers. Watched the Seahawks game in the AM before driving home.

I have an interview for a position at the parent company of my current employer. I already had a phone interview and a video interview, and now they are flying me to Cincinnati on the 24th for an in-person. Not really looking forward to it, since it'll be a 24-hour trip, but I guess it's exciting?

Do you like the fall?  If so, what's your favorite part? Love fall! I like being able to wear warm clothes and cook, and stay inside all day on rainy days.

Give me some dinner inspiration. I got nothing. We have no food in the house, so I have to go grocery shopping tonight. Last night we got home kind of late, so I just made chicken breasts, broccoli, and rice. Super boring.

They're Crocs. I have a weird thing for Crocs (NOT the clogs)

What monthly subscriptions do you currently have? None that I can think of? We have Amazon Prime, but that's annual. We use my sister's Netflix login.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How was your weekend? Pretty good. FSIL's bridal shower was fun.
    Anything exciting coming up? DB's wedding at the end of the month!
    Do you like the fall?  If so, what's your favorite part? I don't mind the fall, but I wouldn't say I like it overmuch.
    Give me some dinner inspiration. I have none myself...
    What monthly subscriptions do you currently have? Netflix
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2016
    @AlPacina has Marv ever been to the ocean?  Also, your date day sounds fabulous.  

@madamerwin Good luck with the interview! Sucky that it's a 24 hour trip, but it sounds like they're really interested in you!

@minskat30 hope your first day back is going well! 
  • @speakeasy14 - Yes he has! And he goes ape shit. It's awesome. He loves to dig holes in the sand. And then the waves are obvious things to chase.

He just can't be off leash at this particular location, but I'll bring the long lead.

• @alpacina I can't wait to see pictures!  Callie has only been in pools and a stream.  She loves the pool.  The stream she was kind of afraid of the rocks.  I really want to bring her to the ocean.
  • wink0erinwink0erin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2016
    It's now Tuesday but whatever. 

How was your weekend? I had a pretty relaxing and productive weekend! I decorated the outside my house for halloween. I'm not completely done, but for now it is AWESOME. I'm just hoping no one steals my projector lights (or my attack flamingo, who has guarded my house since shortly after I moved in). Here are some night photos, and one daytime one as a bonus. 

Anything exciting coming up? On Thursday I am going to a Ben Folds concert with a guy friend of mine. Some backstory to make it interesting... 12 years ago a friend told me a guy friend of hers was going to a concert and needed a road trip buddy. She vouched for him, so I agreed. He picked me up outside my dorm and we got to know each other over the 3 hour drive. Ended up getting lost in the town where the concert was and couldn't find the venue. We FINALLY found it, walked in the doors excited to finally have made it, and then a crowd flooded out exclaiming how great the concert was. So, yeah, we missed the whole thing. It made for a great story and we are still good friends, so now we are finally seeing Ben Folds!  

Do you like the fall?  If so, what's your favorite part? I LOVE FALL! The decorations and weather are my favorite. And stepping on crunchy leaves. 

Give me some dinner inspiration.  Image result for mac n cheese gif

I'd chip in the extra $10 or so for these. I can't wait for the Vans Toy Story collection to drop!Toy Story x Vans Collaborative Collection
    What monthly subscriptions do you currently have? None! I dropped them all to save money for a while. EDIT: I have Netflix!

• @wink0erin - I knew I loved you for a reason! Ben Folds is my favorite! The only time I've seen him live, he was an opening act, and no one really knew who he was so the crowd vibe wasn't there. He tried to get everyone to sing along, but people didn't really know the songs. I need to try again! Is he with an orchestra? Or that smaller group of instrumentalists?

• @wink0erin the house looks awesome!  Hopefully your attack flamingo remains safe!  And fingers crossed you don't have a similar concert story this time haha!
  • @Alpacina I have no idea if anyone is performing with him instrument-wise. 

@speakeasy14 Thankfully this time I'm very familiar with the concert location (it's right next to my workplace, which also means I can park in my work garage fo' free!) but my friend and I have joked that we should drive aimlessly around town for an hour beforehand and then walk in circles to relive the experience.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards