Not Engaged Yet

October

Image result for pulling teeth gif

Since I just did Monday questions yesterday, and it feels like pulling teeth... Let's talk about September & October:

Something you liked about September?
Something you disliked about September?
Something you accomplished in September?
Anything exciting going on in October?
What are you not looking forward to?
Goals for October?
Do you dress up for Halloween? If so, what is your costume going to be?

Re: October

• Something you liked about September?
    The warm weather held out and I got to enjoy summer a little longer.  Having a girls' day with my mom, sisters, and niece.  

Getting covered in mosquito bites.  

Stuck with my fitness plan and now my "fat pants" are big on me.  I didn't accomplish, but still a huge deal -- last week was 1 month that my bf was smoke free.

Birthday month. My bf's brother's wedding.  Visiting my grandma.  Whatever my bf has in mind for my birthday.  The gorgeous colors of fall. 

Fall means snow is around the corner, and I'm never ready for snow.  Also, the bill I'm going to get for alterations to my MOH dress (after talking with the other bridesmaids who all ordered from different salons, it is a designer issue.  Fair warning for anyone looking into the Mori Lee 122 dress).

Goals for October?
    Doing another fitness plan and hoping to stick with the daily workouts and meal plans.  

I used to all the time- late October birthday means automatic Halloween party. So far, the only thing planned for Halloween is a wedding, so most likely won't be dressing up this year.  May need a last minute idea if we get invited to any parties.

All the cheer nonsense. 

Some big work goals were met, so that was awesome. Also, I finished the cheer routine.

Lots going on! We are looking at a few venues this coming Saturday!!! Then we have parties, pumpkin carving, cheer comps, and a bridal expo!

I am still nervous that certain parents are going to pull their kids the day of comp, and if that happens we will be screwed. Really hoping that doesn't happen.

Goals for October?
    Set a date!!

We do little things at work. I am going to wear a Captain America tee with my CA Mickey ears. 
    friends tv show funy
  • LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2016
    DOUBLE POST. OOPS
    friends tv show funy

All the cheer nonsense. 

Some big work goals were met, so that was awesome. Also, I finished the cheer routine.

Lots going on! We are looking at a few venues this coming Saturday!!! Then we have parties, pumpkin carving, cheer comps, and a bridal expo!

I am still nervous that certain parents are going to pull their kids the day of comp, and if that happens we will be screwed. Really hoping that doesn't happen.

Goals for October?
    Set a date!!

We do little things at work. I am going to wear a Captain America tee with my CA Mickey ears. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @lizzytish88 hahaha one more time for good luck ;-)
  • Something you liked about September? Being single. Kayaking for the first time. Going to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. 
    Something you disliked about September? Work was hectic at the beginning of the month! 
    Something you accomplished in September? Completing two big cases for work. Bought a kayak and used it. 
    Anything exciting going on in October? Haunted houses! Halloween party! Probably will do a weekend trip somewhere, just don't know where yet. 
    What are you not looking forward to? Scheduling audits for work, potentially getting slammed with a new case at work. 
    Goals for October? Clean my house a bit so I can have guests over without being embarassed. 
    Do you dress up for Halloween? If so, what is your costume going to be? I always dress up, and I always make my costume! This year I'm going to be Rey. 

• @speakeasy14 If you need quick costume ideas go to the pajama section of Target for lovely gems like these! (And if you get the Eeyore one we can match, because I totally bought one)

I got engaged!

It was super busy at work during the month and I felt like I was going crazy. 

I managed to transition teams and trailing new people at work and not lose my mind

I am hoping to start doing some serious wedding planning like visiting venues. 

Christmas shopping. The family usually does Kris Kringle selection at Thanksgiving (Canadian)

Goals for October?
    Continue to work out 3 days a week and meal prep

I haven't dressed up in years. I always wanted to be sponge bob 
  • @wink0erin I might just get that just to hand out candy from my house hahah!

@keisha84 Congratulations! How did it happen?! Show us pictures!! 
  • Hi there.  I'm back.  And miserable.  I miss my baby and she was crying when I left her at the daycare.  The daycare lady is sullen all the time and hates the fact that I visit at lunch (major attitude).  :( 

Something you liked about September?
    -Cuddling with Ani mostly.

-Preparing to go back to work.

-It was mostly just a month of couch cuddles but I've gotten Ani to take more naps so that's a plus.

-Not really.

-I think my answer is obvious for this one.  I just want to snuggle with my baby.

Goals for October?
    -Hire a nanny ASAP, try to adjust back to work.

-No but Ani will be a little monkey.  :)
  • Something you liked about September? FSIL's bridal shower was fun.
    Something you disliked about September? General unwellness culminating in early Oct doctor visit and continued lab work/doctoring.
    Something you accomplished in September? I got back into the swing of the semester.
    Anything exciting going on in October? DB is getting married!
    What are you not looking forward to? Ultrasound today (probably looking for fibroid tumors, at this point we're not totally panicking). 
    Goals for October? Get. Better.
    Do you dress up for Halloween? If so, what is your costume going to be? Not dressing up this year. In past years I went as a grad student because that was the most terrifying thing I could think of.
  • @minskat30 ugh hopefully you can find a nanny soon! 

@keptinstitches T&P that it's nothing serious!
    Starting my baby girl on solids. It's so much fun to watch her reactions when she tries new things.
    Work, and lack of sleep.
    We cleaned out our big closet, where random things go to die. Always a big accomplishment.
    Halloweekend at Cedar point, Boo at the zoo, and my moms annual Fall party!
    We need to paint our deck before it starts snowing. Womp womp.
    Goals for October?
    Not necassarily October but my goal is to set up a basement playroom by Christmas. (So we have somewhere to put all the toys she will likely get)
    I usually do. I don't have much inspiration this year/don't want to spend money so I will probably just go as something I've already got..Cat, catwoman, little red riding hood. I picked up a costume for baby A though and she will be a pink leopard :)

• @speakeasy14 I have no clue how to post pictures. The ring is a rose gold halo with a diamond band. I'm in love lol

We went away for the weekend and on the last morning we had reservations for high tea. As I was getting ready he told me he bought me a lotto scratch ticket, which I love. I told him the card looked funny and I had to read the instructions cause I've never seen this one before. It said 'if you uncover three of the sand symbols in play area one you win $20. If you uncover three diamonds you win what ever the prize is in play area two' I scratched play area one and got three rings. I was super excited to win $20.

Then he told me to scratch play area two which I didn't want to do cause I already won lol. Anyways I said fine I'll scratch it and it said 'will you marry me'. I look at him and start bawling as he is on knee with a ring box in his hand. After I calm down and get the ring one he then tells me he organized a bbq for both our families and it will have all my favorite foods. He he even got my favorite champagne. He did an awesome job and I will never forget that day. 
  • @keisha84 that sounds so perfect for the two of you and so sweet! If you click the icon that looks like a tabbed page, you can add an attachment. 
  • @Keisha84 Pretty ring!! We are engagement month twins! Congrats!
    friends tv show funy
  • @LizzyTish88 congrats to you as well and thank you! I'm still getting used to the idea of being engaged

Thank you @speakeasy14
    It was my BF's birthday and he took 2 weeks of leave to come up and visit me! And my friend had her first baby.  

School really started to pick up

I got all of my school things organized and got the nanny kids on a great schedule for this school year. 

My uncle's retirement party, my sister & BIL's anniversary & both of their birthdays, and seeing Wicked on Broadway

My BF is gone for the month on a deployment for hurricane relief in Haiti

Goals for October?
    Start my two large term papers

I'm not planning to dress up this year
  • @onceuponavine oh no, that sucks that he'll be gone for a month, but completely admirable that he is going to Haiti!  Was this a mandatory or voluntary deployment?
  • @speakeasy14 Unfortunately it was mandatory :( but he should be back soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards