New Jersey

Help! Parents Gifts...?

mbossonembossone member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited August 2016 in New Jersey
Hi All,

Hoping we can get some help with this one!
My future in laws have been a pretty big part of our wedding. They threw us an engagement party & are also paying for our whole rehearsal dinner. They paid for dress alterations and my fiances tux (its his parents).
I feel like that is a big contribution to the wedding and we would like to get them something worth while as gifts.
They aren't too into frames and the "normal" gifts I have seen for parents. We are looking for an out of the box gift!
Any suggestions or recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated! I am an avid Etsy shopper so I have been searching and searching but still can't find the right gift!

Thank you in advance!!! 
(We are just over 5 weeks away from the wedding... talk about last minute :smile:
 ) 

Re: Help! Parents Gifts...?

• What do they like to do? What about a bottle of wine and a GC to a local fancy restaurant? Tickets to a show they might enjoy? 
  • I'm in the same boat. We're looking for out of the box parent gifts and are getting married in 6 weeks! I'll be interested to see what everyone else says. They only reco's I've seen are picture frames/photo albums

A few idea's I've had:

-a tree they could plant in their yard

-a picture/drawing of our "new family tree"

-a cross (mom is religious and collects them)

-a bible with something inscribed inside

-a gift basket (not out of the box, but I want it to say something like, thanks for all the work you've done. Now it's time to relax' and stock it with wine, a book, bath stuff, etc.)

• Those are the same things that I have found!
    I think we have decided on buying them a double picture frame and recreating a picture that they took on their wedding day! 
  • Hi!  We got our in-laws a weekend getaway in a local city.  We booked them a hotel room and got them a gift card to a nice restaurant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards