Attire & Accessories Forum

How many bridal appts in one day?

My stepmom is flying in from St. Louis to go wedding dress shopping with me next month.  I have three bridal salons that I have my eye on and have made one appointment with my favorite one for four pm.

Would it be insane to go to two more that day?  I'd love to find The Dress that day just because that's the only day she'll be there.  But I don't want to exhaust her (and me) by running around to too many places.  Should I just stick to one in the morning and one in the evening?  

Thanks!

Re: How many bridal appts in one day?

• How far apart are all of these? I personally would stick to 2 in one day, but if they are all in the same area and you don't have to do a lot of driving you could maybe squeeze in the third. I think you may feel rushed and then exhausted by the time you finally got to your favorite one. 
  • I would stick with the two shops, one in the morning, a break for lunch/coffee and to recharge, and then the second in the afternoon.  If you try to do to much it may start to feel more like a chore and be less fun.  I understand wanting to find "The Dress" while mom is there but trying them on takes some time and can take some energy after the 8th or 9th dress.

When I shopped I was at the store for 2-2.5 hours and tried on about 5 or 6 dresses...they all have layers, and if you do corsets and other items it can take a while especially at David's where a consultant can have more than one client at a time.

• I did 3 in one day.  Next day hit up #4 then went back to store #3 for my dress. We even squeezed in lunch with my mom and sister both days.     The locations were up to 30 minutes apart.

I lived OOT and only had 3 days to find a dress.    I will admit I hate shopping.  When I go I'm pretty efficient.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I did three in one day, and two the next day. I will say after three I was exhausted and starting to get confused. Four would have been too much for me. 
  • I did three in one day.  For the record, I didn't ever find my dress at a bridal shop, but I don't think it's because I squeezed too many in.

I was also really picky about my dress, so I only tried on a few at each shop.

SaveSave
  • I was done with the 'experience' after 2 hours in one salon. Two bridal shops would have been too much for me. I spread mine out but I wasn't dealing with OOT family members. I think you need to know yourself and your Mom to figure out if this will work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards