Wedding Party

Flower girl presents

edited September 2016 in Wedding Party
We have two flower girls, sisters, aged 6 and 8. Are gifts necessary? What do you suggest? I'm assuming you will say "shop like it was their birthday", well, I have no idea what I'd get a 6 year and an 8 year old for their birthday so any suggestions are appreciated. 

Also, they have two older siblings, a brother, 10, and a sister, 11. Should I get them a small gift as well so they don't feel jealous or left out?

I will add that they are keeping their "ribbon wands" from the ceremony and from the sounds of it, they are super excited to play with those. Not sure if that makes a difference to the whole present aspect or not. 

Re: Flower girl presents

• Ironring said:
    We have two flower girls, sisters, aged 6 and 8. Are gifts necessary? What do you suggest? I'm assuming you will say "shop like it was their birthday", well, I have no idea what I'd get a 6 year and an 8 year old for their birthday so any suggestions are appreciated. 

Also, they have two older siblings, a brother, 10, and a sister, 11. Should I get them a small gift as well so they don't feel jealous or left out?

I will add that they are keeping their "ribbon wands" from the ceremony and from the sounds of it, they are super excited to play with those. Not sure if that makes a difference to the whole present aspect or not. 
    You should still get them something. The ribbon wands are something for the ceremony so still not really a present for them. I'd call their parents and ask what they are into these days. Our Arab was 4 at the time and we got him a captain America mask and hulk hands. 
  • My FG loved Hello Kitty at the time, so I bought her a hello kitty charm necklace and a set of mini nail polishes (she was also starting to get into doing her nails).  If you don't know your FG's well enough to know what you'd get them for their birthdays, asking their parents is your best bet.  Good luck!
  • Ironring said:

No. 10 and 11 is old enough to know that they can't be included in everything. 
  • If you are getting gifts for the GMs and BMs, yes you should get gifts for the RB and FG. For my FG (years ago), I bought a sterling locket necklace. I gave the RB a book that I thought he would like. He is now 40 years old and still remembers it! As a FG I received a silver locker (hence the gift I gave) and I still have it 50 years later.
  • Gifts are necessary- especially if you are giving to your adult WP members. It doesn't have to be anything crazy expensive- just something to thank them for being in your WP. Keeping their ribbon wands doesn't really count- sort of like giving the bridesmaids jewelry that they're supposed to wear or matching robes so you get cute pictures. 
    We had two FG, both 5, and one RB, 6. For the one FG I knew she was into Star Wars and Dress Up so I go her a Rey costume and storm trooper costume. For the RB I knew he was into science stuff so I got him a toy that lets him build different ramps to roll marbles down (it's more fun than it sounds haha). Our second flower girl I really had no idea so I called her mom (my cousin). Turns out she had just gotten her ears pierced so I got her some earrings and then some water toys that she and her sister could use together in their pool. I also knew that both FG were flying from OOT so I wanted to make sure that what I got would be easy to fit in luggage. I would just call the parents and ask what they're into.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards