Not Engaged Yet

Monday Monday

How was your weekend?

I ran errands all weekend and did a little retail therapy at Target. I bought a cute black slip dress, burgundy oversized cardigan, a super snuggly grey oversized cardigan, leggings, and chocolate.  My birthday boots also arrived so I broke them in this weekend.

Women's Layering Knit Sweater - Knox Rose™ : Target
Women's Layering Sweater - Knox Rose™ : Target
Me Too Arctic Wide Calf Riding Boot | DSW

I was supposed to renew my license on Saturday, but the DMV was closed for Columbus day.  I need to check when the DMV near my office is open during the week because I have to get it renewed this week since mine expires next week and I'll be away.

Questions:
What do you buy when you shop when hungry?
What is the last thing you treated yourself to?
What is the last nice thing you did for someone else?
What is the last nice thing someone has done for you?
What is your perfect day?

Re: Monday Monday

• What do you buy when you shop when hungry?
    Usually junk food -- this weekend I got popcorn and chocolate 

What is the last thing you treated yourself to?
    Clothes and shoes

What is the last nice thing you did for someone else?
    My bf was really upset that he didn't get to see DMB this year (he's gone to at least one of their shows every year for the past 15 years).  I saw that Tim Reynolds was doing a solo tour and surprised him with tickets yesterday. 

What is the last nice thing someone has done for you?
    A coworker offered to buy me pancakes for breakfast 

What is your perfect day?
    Any day spent at the beach is perfect for me -- Second choice is just relaxing outside with a cup of tea
  • @speakeasy14, pretty cardigan! Maybe I need to check out Target again - it's been a while since I've been shopping and I'm in the market for sweaters this year. Most of my pullover sweaters have shoulder bumps because I didn't know until last year how to hang them so they don't get shoulder bumps. It's sad. Perhaps I will unravel them and knit the yarn into other things.

What do you buy when you shop when hungry? Ben & Jerry's. It's like I'm on a personal quest to eat all the flavors.

What is the last thing you treated yourself to? New earrings for my brother's wedding!

What is the last nice thing you did for someone else? I don't think I've been particularly nice lately. I should work on that. 

What is the last nice thing someone has done for you? H was very nice to me last night when dropping my roll on the floor led to tears. (I have GOT to get off this med - it's fucking with my stomach and my head.)

What is your perfect day? And not just because it's my anniversary (or that they haven't turned on the heat in my building and my fingers are frozen):
    Image result for perfect date meme
    But because I know that's not what you meant, a day with knitting and football and without grading.
  • @keptinstitches I find Target's clothes to be hit or miss, but they have a lot of really cute sweaters right now.  Those earrings are gorgeous! That reminds me that I need to figure out what jewelry I want to wear for my bf's brother's wedding.  Also, thank you for that reference hahaha
  • @speakeasy14, I should know this but I'm blanking - when is your BF's brother's wedding?
  • @keptinstitches next week, but it's a midweek wedding so I have to pack this weekend. 
  • Want to shop for jewelry, or shopping out of your jewelry box, or some combination thereof? I can help with ideas, perhaps - what is your outfit?
  • Going to grab stuff out of my jewelry box.  Perk of dating a jeweler family, I have a lot of stuff I never wear.  But open to any suggestions on what would work best. 

This is my dress:

Image result for mori lee 122Image result for mori lee 122

And doing my hair like this:
    Bridal hair wedding hair updoWhitley Lyon of Cowan and Co offers the HOW TO for this sleek and chic chignon the perfect bridal look

• I just realized it's Columbus Day.... Didn't realize people actually got off for today.... that would explain why it's a ghost town here... 
  • Pretty!! Stud earrings - do you have a necklace that would land right in the middle of the V neckline? That could "dangle" some more if the earrings don't IMO.
  • hmmm I'm not sure if I have a necklace that hangs that low, but that's a good idea.
  • I just realized it's Columbus Day.... Didn't realize people actually got off for today.... that would explain why it's a ghost town here... 
    Yeah, me too. Both my mom and my sister asked me if I was working today, and I was like "Well, it's Monday... So, yeah?" Mom is retired and sister is a teacher, so the lucky bastards get days off.

What do you buy when you shop when hungry? All of the things. But really, something I can cook really fast.

What is the last thing you treated yourself to? I like to go to Ross about once a month and buy me something nice ;) Went on Saturday and got a couple of new shirts. 

What is the last nice thing you did for someone else? I made H's lunch for him today, like I do every day...

What is the last nice thing someone has done for you? My sister was at her favorite baby and maternity consignment store on Saturday (she is pregnant too), and she bought me a pack of newborn cloth diapers and a fleece bear suit that unfortunately own't fit the baby until he's a year old (like, for cold weather - it's just a gray footie suit with ears on the hood).

What is your perfect day? Sleeping until 9:30am, having someone make and serve me brunch with bloody marys when I wake up (or going out to brunch and not having to wait in line). Then going thrift store shopping, and then to sushi, then having drinks and watching movies while it rains outside. And then someone making me a snack that involves chocolate. As you can see, I am very food-driven.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards