Wedding Etiquette Forum

Grandmother's ring.

I will be using my grandmother's e-ring and wedding band. She had them fused together. I will have to have them resized to fit my finger.

Should I have the rings separated for the ceremony and then refused later, or just leave them together and wear them both until we actually tie the knot.

Re: Grandmother's ring.

• I will be using my grandmother's e-ring and wedding band. She had them fused together. I will have to have them resized to fit my finger.

Should I have the rings separated for the ceremony and then refused later, or just leave them together and wear them both until we actually tie the knot.
    The jeweler may have to separate them to resize them. I think that's what my jeweler told me when I had mine done. If they can resize without undoing them, it's not a big deal, just give the whole thing to your FI the day of and he can put both pieces on at the same time.
  • Absolutely go with your Jeweler's recommendation because the structural integrity of the rings is the first and foremost priority especially when it comes to heirlooms.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards