Chit Chat

Fall

2»

Re: Fall

• Viczaesar said:
    We're melting.  It's been 100 degrees here for days, and we don't have air conditioning (I don't just mean my house; in general air conditioning isn't common here). 
    Where are you that AC isn't common? That's crazy! It's been beautiful here. It's actually Autumn. Although it's supposed to be 20*C for Thanksgiving so that'll be fun cooking and baking in that. 
    Not sure where @Viczaesar is, but here in NW Oregon, AC is incredibly uncommon. I don't think I know anyone w/AC, except for wealthy people in big, new houses. You just don't need it 49 weeks of the year (though those few hot-ass weeks SUCK). We do have two standing AC units we wheel in when it gets hot for a few weeks in summer, but those only keep it to 80 degrees inside instead of 95 degrees.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Viczaesar said:
    We're melting.  It's been 100 degrees here for days, and we don't have air conditioning (I don't just mean my house; in general air conditioning isn't common here). 
    Where are you that AC isn't common? That's crazy! It's been beautiful here. It's actually Autumn. Although it's supposed to be 20*C for Thanksgiving so that'll be fun cooking and baking in that. 
    Don't hold it to that. Originally it was suppose to be cooler this week, but it's about 18-20 all week.
  • Viczaesar said:
    I live in Southern California, on the coast.  We don't have A/C because we didn't use to need it, but with global warming that's changing.  We haven't had more than .05" of rain since April.  I've been wearing my summer clothes for about 2 years straight now.

• Viczaesar said:

I laugh every time I see degrees in Celsius after a facebook friend of mine posted something over the summer like "WOW! Canada sure is different! Just heard on the radio that the overnight temp is 23 and passed a sign that said the bridge gets icy!".

SMH.

When I'm in the States and I see people bitching about mid-twenties and thirties, I'm like, but that's hot...nope, farenheit, so weird!
  • I'm in Worcester. Trees near i90 are turning colors. Looking forward to the colors so much!
    You know is love when flowers bloom ;)
  • Not getting the "be insecure" part.  Everything else, yeah

• Didn't see this post when it first came up. So...two weeks later...in NOLA it's still a bit too hot most days. A/C is still running most of the time. But we're getting there. It's in the low to mid 80s during the day and even mostly into the evening. But high 60s in the morning. There have been a few days here and there that were awesomely in the mid 70s...and I'll think we finally turned the corner for Fall...but, nope, then back to the 80s.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CharmedPam  I love Iliza lmfao! Have you seen her newest Netflix stand up?
  • No, but I'll add it to my list! I *think* I've seen her before, but I'm not sure actually.

• @CharmedPam  The one you posted from is called "Freezing Hot" so def watch that but "Confirmed Kills" is newest {there's also "War Paint" but I don't like it as much lol}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards