Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Old Married Hag right here!

I finally got married!

Mr GtL and I were married in London last Saturday and it went so well. My make up/hair lady was an absolute wizard so I felt amazing! Rings were swapped, much booze was drunk, food eaten, and some very interesting shapes pulled on the dancefloor. I couldn't have asked for anything more. During the planning my mother hadn't been the most on board with everything - she wanted us to get married in Scotland, and she really didn't want us to have an open bar, amongst other things - however even she had a great day. So if even Mama GtL can begrudgingly have a good time I'm taking that as a win.

If I am honest, its only now in retrospect that I am able to really, truly enjoy it since at the time I was so worried about everything going well / people having a good time, so my biggest piece of advice to anyone about to get married is for gawdsake enjoy it! Don't be like me, unclench for 10mins! It really is true what people tell you about the goodwill in the room from all your friends and family, it was palpable and I will cherish that forever. Well that and the fact that my BF got a well deserved upgrade to H! 

Thanks to all you old married hags on TK, without your advice and lack of sugar coating who knows what kind of hot-chocolate-bar-in-the-snow kind of shitshow I might have put on!

Re: Old Married Hag right here!

• Congratulations! You look stunning!! I love your dress. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2016
    glasgowtolondon said:
    If I am honest, its only now in retrospect that I am able to really, truly enjoy it since at the time I was so worried about everything going well / people having a good time, so my biggest piece of advice to anyone about to get married is for gawdsake enjoy it! Don't be like me, unclench for 10mins! It really is true what people tell you about the goodwill in the room from all your friends and family, it was palpable and I will cherish that forever. Well that and the fact that my BF got a well deserved upgrade to H! 

Congrats! I love the picture! Confetti in the perfect placement :)  You look stunning!

Great advice too.   I hope I can do this but I'm a worry wart by nature.  By going the "all inclusive venue" route, I really hope this happens.  I hear it happens SO fast.  All the planing it takes and then....whoooosh. 

• edited October 2016
    Congratulations! You both look gorgeous!

Great advice too!
  • Congratulations!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congratulations!

(I freaking love your hair!)
  • SP29 said:
    Congratulations!

Me too!
  • SP29 said:
    Congratulations!

Me too!
    Me three!

Congrats!  I love this photo!  
  • Such a fun, sweet photo :)  Congrats!
  • Thanks everyone! @CharmedPam it goes soooo fast - all of a sudden it was the day after and it was all over, but there is something lovely in having zero planning to do now! I have free time, it feels wrong!

• Thanks everyone! @CharmedPam it goes soooo fast - all of a sudden it was the day after and it was all over, but there is something lovely in having zero planning to do now! I have free time, it feels wrong!
    This is my worry.  When I have free time, I plan vacations.  But don't get me wrong, I plan vacations AND planned the wedding so......

• Just now saw this. Congratulations! You're gorgeous!

• CONGRATULATIONS!  

You look so happy and beautiful.  More pics please!!

Much love, Sarah xx
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards