Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

When to get my Nails Done

Hello! We have a lot of friends and family coming in from out of town the week of our wedding so we are shoving a lot of things into that weekend. My bachelorette party is on Friday, rehearsal/rehearsal dinner on Saturday and the wedding itself is on Sunday. I had originally planned on getting my nails done on Saturday. But now I'm wondering if it would be easier to do them on Thursday before my bachelorette party. I was planning on doing gel polish on my fingers and probably regualr polish on my toes. Is that too far ahead?  

Re: When to get my Nails Done

• edited October 2016
    breezzy33 said:
    Hello! We have a lot of friends and family coming in from out of town the week of our wedding so we are shoving a lot of things into that weekend. My bachelorette party is on Friday, rehearsal/rehearsal dinner on Saturday and the wedding itself is on Sunday. I had originally planned on getting my nails done on Saturday. But now I'm wondering if it would be easier to do them on Thursday before my bachelorette party. I was planning on doing gel polish on my fingers and probably regualr polish on my toes. Is that too far ahead?  
    No, for gel that's not too early. If you're concerned you can probably buy a bottle of the polish in case you need a touch up. I had mine done Wednesday before my Friday wedding (Thursday rehearsal). It was nice not to have to worry about it the day before.

ETF my terrible grammatical errors. 
  • No, you will be fine. That is the beauty of gel polish! 
  • I got my gel polish done the weekend before the wedding and it was fine. It was a very light touch of color though, I think if it had been a darker color you would have been able to see how rough I am with my nails better. You should be more than fine. 
  • ditto the other PP's.  Gel should be OK within that small amount of time

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards