Wedding Etiquette Forum

Do you tell B&G it's rude...

2»

Re: Do you tell B&G it's rude...

• What's the over/under on whether this couple will actually send out Thank You notes?
    They had the "Thank You" banner during pictures. 
    Anniversary
  • So SIL and her DH have been spoken to and they just don't own their poor behavior?

At least FIL spoke up.   It says that while he can't control the actions of his kids he's made them aware of what they should do.

What were they like before this?  
  • banana468 said:
    So SIL and her DH have been spoken to and they just don't own their poor behavior?

At least FIL spoke up.   It says that while he can't control the actions of his kids he's made them aware of what they should do.

I can't speak for BIL, but I've always thought SIL was selfish, spoiled and entitled.  For the most part, I've been able to look past it but since planning our wedding (and having been called out on faux pas) I couldn't just sit there.  It often surprises me that DH & SIL had the same upbringing and DH is proper (almost to a fault) and SIL just doesn't seem to get it.

I will say, IMO, that planning a wedding is a selfish undertaking but being a gracious host is incredibly humbling.  In our pre-wedding events & our wedding, I was so overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support from our families, I was brought to tears; there wasn't enough ways to say thank you to everyone. 
    Anniversary
  • banana468 said:
    So SIL and her DH have been spoken to and they just don't own their poor behavior?

I can't speak for BIL, but I've always thought SIL was selfish, spoiled and entitled.  For the most part, I've been able to look past it but since planning our wedding (and having been called out on faux pas) I couldn't just sit there.  It often surprises me that DH & SIL had the same upbringing and DH is proper (almost to a fault) and SIL just doesn't seem to get it.

I will say, IMO, that planning a wedding is a selfish undertaking but being a gracious host is incredibly humbling.  In our pre-wedding events & our wedding, I was so overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support from our families, I was brought to tears; there wasn't enough ways to say thank you to everyone. 
    I guarantee you that she gets it. . . she just doesn't fucking care because she's self absorbed.

There's a point where Nature supersede Nuture.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• What's the over/under on whether this couple will actually send out Thank You notes?
    Been a month and no Thank you's yet...(in fact, no mention at all of the custom, hand made gift we gave them either).
    Anniversary
    Been a month and no Thank you's yet...(in fact, no mention at all of the custom, hand made gift we gave them either).
    Maybe they are working on them, though.

I didn't get my Thank You's out until about 2 months or 2.5 months after the wedding since I went on my Honeymoon right after the wedding.  I just wasn't one of those brides who was going to write them on the plane.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Agree with @PrettyGirlLost. I can understand if you want to pile on at this point with them but a month isn't that long of a time yet. Give it three months and then feel free to heavily side-eye them. 
  • My brother and sis-in-law are like this. I feel like they only reason they had a wedding at all, and a wedding party, was because that's what you're supposed to do so you can post pics and brag about it and also complain about anything that went wrong. And it's not just their wedding. They don't ACTUALLY seem to like any of their "friends" and seem to view family as only people who are there to serve them (i.e. grandmas who babysit) or to fill the family role so they can have "family holiday dinners" and things. They don't want to host a dinner, so of course they are terrible hosts, and definitely don't actually want to converse with you while you're there, but by having it they get to complain about all the hosting duties and post about it on facebook.

I truly don't understand this concept. I have friends because I actually like them as people, not because i need props to fill in "what life is supposed to look like" to some imaginary audience. 
  • @MandyMost:  She is all about image and puts on an air of being 'classy'...but it comes of as rude, and condescending.  She needs a big slice of humble pie!    
    Anniversary
  • Why not just ask if she is feeding you? I was in my best friend's wedding with a similar timeline, and we were given lunch while we were getting our hair and makeup done, but she didn't list it on the schedule or anything.

Picture wise, are you going to another location? Maybe that is why it is taking so long. My guess is they are overestimating the amount of time pictures will take.

Basically, you just have to ask!
    11-4-17