Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

How to address Dr and Miss?

A friend of mine is in a relationship with a Doctor. Do I address them as Dr. and Miss His Name & Her Name? Or Dr. His Name and Miss Her Name? This is not a married couple and so they do have different last names. 

Re: How to address Dr and Miss?

• Options
    Do you know she uses "Miss"?
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure, she's not married and has never been married. And she's younger (mid-20s).

Add on question - what about a Mr. where the Mrs is actually a doctor? Do I address them as Mr & Dr.? 
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure, she's not married and has never been married. And she's younger (mid-20s).

Add on question - what about a Mr. where the Mrs is actually a doctor? Do I address them as Mr & Dr.? 
    Make sure she uses his last name professionally, but it would be Mr. HisFirst HisLast and Dr. HerFirst HerLast. Might need to be on separate lines, I'm not 100% on that.
  • Options
    MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2016

I wouldn't make that assumption without verifying. Many young, single women prefer Ms. Although Miss is technically correct for an unmarried woman, many women feel it is a young girl's title.