Wedding Woes
Options

Monday (goodbye, DST!)

HeffalumpHeffalump member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited November 2016 in Wedding Woes

It's so nice when everyone in my family is up on time and ready to go.  May we never adjust to the new time and always feel like 6:00 a.m. is really 7:00.  :)

This weekend didn't go as planned.  I ended up staying at my mom's Friday night - yesterday afternoon.  She slept almost the whole time.  I nagged her to eat, which I'm sure was annoying, but she did.  By yesterday morning she was a lot better, so I think her antibiotic was kicking in, plus the chemo is getting out of her system.  Thank goodness this was the last one.  She gets her post-chemo scan a week from Thursday so they can quantify exactly how much her tumor has shrunk.

So I was away from DH and the kids pretty much all weekend.  That part sucked.  But they were fine.  Wooz was playing with our neighbor across the street when I got home, and she yelled "Mommy!  Hi, you're home!  I missed you!  Okay, bye!" and they ran around back.  :)

Today I'm going to see that unhappy customer.  On the plus side I have a reason to wear a jacket today (business, not outer).

What are y'all up to this week?  How was the weekend?

Re: Monday (goodbye, DST!)

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2016
    Weekend was not what I expected at all.   

Friday, I knocked off work early.  We went to a bar I've been wanting to take DH to because their wings are amazing.  While there, DH found *the* car I've been looking for.  So we went to check it out...and 5 hours later...we were the proud owners of TWO new cars.  (To put this in context: We've been car shopping for a minute because DH was talking about getting a truck.  But he was also wanting something sporty.  We got me an Outback and him a WRX...both used and less than the price of a new truck. And we traded in our horrible Acadia.) 

Saturday, we cleaned house.  After that we waited on FIL, SIL/BIL, and my nephew to come over. SIL/BFF has been in town since Thursday since her grandpa was put in hospice.  Her cousin was supposed to watch her baby, but one of her kids got sick so that was no longer an option. DH, me, SIL, BIL, and FIL went to a concert.  The kiddo stayed home and was in charge of DefConn, nephew, and FIL's dog.   Everything went just fine (whew).  While at the concert, SIL got the call that her grandpa had passed (she'd been at the hospital all day Friday and Saturday and when she left he wasn't responsive, so this was not shocking).   

Sunday, we got up and I made breakfast.  The rest of the day we just lazed around.  SIL went to her grandparent's house and then came back to stay here (I've told her that she can stay all week if she needs to.  She and nephew have taken over DefConn's room.  Luckily, he sleeps well with me).  We watched the Colts improbable win over Green Bay.  ;) 

I need to go grocery shopping after work today.  I hate going on a Monday.  I always end up forgetting shit I need. 
  • Options
    That's adorable @Heffalump

Weekend was good, went by way way too fast. 

Bills game to ight, election craziness tomorrow. WFH for half a day then meeting with a student group and hopefully finding a more appropriate way to say "get your shift together". 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Weekend was not what I expected at all.   

Friday, I knocked off work early.  We went to a bar I've been wanting to take DH to because their wings are amazing.  While there, DH found *the* car I've been looking for.  So we went to check it out...and 5 hours later...we were the proud owners of TWO new cars.  (To put this in context: We've been car shopping for a minute because DH was talking about getting a truck.  But he was also wanting something sporty.  We got me an Outback and him a WRX...both used and less than the price of a new truck. And we traded in our horrible Acadia.) 

Congrats, mrs.conn!!!  How much do you love the Outback?  So much, right?  These are the diecast cars I referenced on FB Friday--twinsies!

http://www.subarugear.com/ProductDetail.aspx?did=22122&pid=158088&logoid=0

http://www.subarugear.com/ProductDetail.aspx?did=22122&pid=158089&logoid=0

I put my heated seats on again this morning and it was heaven!  Usually my car and DH's truck are in the garage and the Honda parks in the driveway, but since I was gone all weekend the Honda was in my spot when I got home.  So I parked in the driveway and had to get into a chilly car this morning--yay for heated seats!

DH wants a bigger truck when the Honda finally dies, so I tried to sell him on a Baja, but he wasn't biting. ;)

• Options
    @Heffalump  adorable note! :)

@mrsconn23  yay to new vehicle! Sorry to hear about your SIL's grampa :(

@AtomicBlonde  those prints are so cute :)

Not much this weekend.
    Friday on way home I opted to go to Starbucks instead of pharmacy. By the time I was heading home, I was starting to wonder if I had pink eye. I've never had it so I wasn't sure. My mum suggested using warm water on my eye until I went to pharmacy. Only helped while on.

H was at football game and ran into his buddy's. When he's out, I tend to bug him for a selfie {since he isn't into them lol} so when I asked for his 'sports selfie' he sent one with all the guys. lmao

Saturday we went to the mall. Swung by pharmacy also, and they said wasn't pink eye {yay!} but likely there was something there irritating it. They suggested eye drops to was it out and calm the eye.
    Needless to say, H is now bringing down and up the laundry until we can deal with basement dirt/dust/etc

At the mall, I'd hoped to find SFIL xmas gift but no luck. We've had luck with Home Sense {Home Goods}, but might have to visit another location.
    We ended up bringing a bookshelf upstairs and I got a bunch of the room cleared up. There is actually a room!!
    Now to get H to go through his books ...

Sunday I woke up feeling awful. Assumed it was because I slept crappy and with time change. Felt worse and worse. H got up, we got McD breakfast and afterwards I took a 2 hr nap.

Welcome back sinus cold ..... said no one ever.

Now I'm sipping NeoCitran {lemon} and trying to get my left ear to pop back to normal!
  • Options

That's so cute, Heffa!! Continued vibes for your mom.

I had a great weekend without anything too exciting. We went for Indian food on Friday and it was super good. I'm anxious to go back and get other food that's not basically Indian food for white people 101. Saturday I cleaned the house, took time do to things I don't do weekly (windows, baseboards, the basement bar we never use).

Sunday we picked up these shelving units that H's boss gave us for the garage. I went to my sister's to see if any of her suits fit me because I have an interview Friday. Got a couple things from her. I got home in time for H and I to go to Lowe's together and he went shopping with me for more nice clothes. For being a hairy tattooed mean looking metal guy, he's the fucking best shopping. He'll get me other sizes while I'm in the fitting room, give honest opinions, etc. 

Then today, I get into the office and I may actually burn down the building. I will try not to make this long.

When I interviewed here 5.5 years ago (I had been unemployed for 6 months), I told them I needed benefits. No benefits were offered but I was desperate. I work for a small company but the owner is also registered as a financial guy for a big corp. I've been registered through Big Corp. as an employee of Owner for about 4 years. This morning I got a call from a lady in the benefits department of Big Corp. asking me if I'd like to see the benefits options since I'm not currently enrolled and it's open enrollment.

Son. of. a. fuck. This is EXACTLY what I've been asking for for FIVE FUCKING YEARS and no one bothered to let me know that it's been available to me THIS ENTIRE GOD DAMN TIME. I'm trying not to throw chairs.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

@Heffalump that letter is adorable!

@mrsconn23 congrats on the new car :) an Outback will be my next car. I've wanted one for years.

Weekend was good! Friday night I just sat around and watched TV and drank wine. I got the new pan pizza from Papa Johns, which was surprisingly good.

Saturday morning I got up and went to a LulaRoe party at my friend's house. I got a really cute dress to wear to the Keith Urban concert on Friday. Then I went to the grocery store and got stuff for meal prep for this week.

Yesterday I had church and then came home and took a glorious nap. The time change is throwing me off. When I got up I cleaned the whole house. It killed my back. I'm hurting this morning! It needed to be done, though. I made a veggie frittata for dinner (which was DELICIOUS) and ended up staying up way too late.

Short week at work this week AND next week. I'm off Friday to see Keith Urban. Saturday morning I'm leaving to see DH!!! He's in Cincinnati, which is only a 5 hour drive for me. I'll be there Saturday through Wednesday, and back to work on Thursday. Y'all, I am so excited to see that man. It's going to be so much fun to spend a few days with him. His birthday is next Tuesday and I have no idea what to get him. I'm going to see if I can subtly hint around to get ideas.

• Options
    We had a pretty relaxing weekend. Friday night we stayed in and caught up on some DVR.

Saturday, we went to our favorite antique store and found a dresser for the new baby's room. I was expecting to have to go to way more than one store so I'm glad we found this one. Better yet, it doesn't have to be painted! I also shampooed the carpet in her room again and it's not looking good. I'm worried that I might have to rip it out and replace it. Fortunately, it's less than 100 square feet so shouldn't be too expensive.

Last night, I made Mouse stay up past his normal bedtime in hopes to get him back into routine and it worked pretty well. We also had another earthquake. This one was a 5.0 centered about 60 miles away from us. We didn't have damage, but I'm starting to see pictures from the town it was centered in and they have some. I will say all these eqs are cracking the brick on the front of my house and it won't be covered by insurance if it falls so I'm hoping it doesn't.

Grocery store after work. I'm going to make chicken fajita pasta for dinner tonight. It's one of my favorites and it makes enough for lunch leftovers too.
  • Options

Fridays are my half days, except I ended up needing to stay an hour late.  Lame.  Hustled to get some errands done, got home, scooped up the fur babies, took them to the vet for their annual shots.  $207 later (including dog flea medicine, the good stuff) went back home and refused to go anywhere the rest of the day.

Saturday was part-time morning job with H.  Then I had a quick merchandising gig at Winn Dixie.  He came with me and went grocery shopping while I did my thing.  Found 11 lbs. of center cut pork loin on sale for $16.  That's less than $1 meal for the main entrée!  Even though pork is just okay, not my favorite.  The bargain hunter side of me was a happy camper.  Got McD for lunch.

Hurried home again to pick up the pup (Izzy) for her 1:00 grooming appointment.  It's a new Petco that opened and I had a 25% off coupon.  More happy camper, bargain hunter.  The whole center it is in is new and there is a large bike rack area with multiple free air pumps.  There are also water fountains for dogs!  We were duly impressed with how "fancy" the new center is.

Picked Izzy up later on.  At least that is who they told us she was.  She looks so different when she has been trimmed down!  It's like, "That's Izzy's personality.  That dog sort of looks like her, but is half the size."  We took her trotting through the store.  See if there were any treats that caught her nose.  As expected, she picked out a rawhide.

Sunday was relaxation and watching football.  Izzy is a Saints fan along with @AtomicBlonde's Toothless and Hiccup.  Love the paw prints, so cute!    

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Heffalump that is such a sweet note.  Still thinking about and sending well wishes to you and your mom!

@DrillSergeantCat I thought of you when I read about the EQ.  Glad you're all right.

I actually spent the entire weekend with FI.  I can't tell you the last time that happened.  I won't see him at all this week except for an hour here and there so it was awesome.   He has parent/teacher conferences today and Wednesday, I scheduled a walk through at the venue Tuesday (which I told him he doesn't have to go to), he has his cross country coaches clinic Thursday and Friday out of town and then I'm working a birthday party Saturday.  Sunday is his families bridal shower.  I'm exhausted just typing all that!

Friday, we went out to dinner and for drinks and then came home, continued drinking and rewrote our script.  I think one or two more times and we may have it!  Saturday, we tailgated and went to the Michigan game.  It was so much fun (sorry Maryland).  Sunday, he raked up 7 bags of leaves, I cooked and we watched football.  This morning he had a fog delay so we BCBCed.  (Look I got to use it in a sentence!). 
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold  yay to new food place and cleaning.
    Good luck at interview!
    WTF to your job! Are you going to talk to someone about how they deceived you? Just .... so rude!

@thefanciestbeckler  have fun on your trip :) I'm sure you'll find something for him!

@DrillSergeantCat  yay new dresser :) Is hardwood an option for that room?
    Btw how's your kitty doing?
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger hardwood is definitely something I've considered. The entire house is bamboo except the bedrooms and it wouldn't bother me a bit it we had no carpet at all. He's doing good. I think he's just pissed (no pun intended) that we won't let him in that room to pee in the corner. 
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger hardwood is definitely something I've considered. The entire house is bamboo except the bedrooms and it wouldn't bother me a bit it we had no carpet at all. He's doing good. I think he's just pissed (no pun intended) that we won't let him in that room to pee in the corner. 
    I've never seen bamboo flooring! What's it like? Also I was never so glad for hardwood on Sunday. It's so much easier to clean up lmao!
  • Options
    I've never seen bamboo flooring! What's it like? Also I was never so glad for hardwood on Sunday. It's so much easier to clean up lmao!

It's a bit too soft for the giant dog we have, but if you have smaller animals it's good. 
  • Options
    Weekend was uneventful.   It was beautiful outside, so I did get some good walks in.   Today I woke up with a back ache.  I do not get back aches, so it's a little weird.  I'm hoping it's because the bulldog decided to sleep next to my back all night. 

Saturday was the bulldog's birthday.  DH went to Whole Foods and bought the dogs some $32 worth of steak to celebrate.   :o   Really?  Couldn't have gone to the other place for steak?      Those dogs are so spoiled. (they get kobe beef scraps too).

I received my official offer letter for winter work.  I knew I had A job, it was just a question of what position they were going to give me.  For reference, this is a family owned mountain restaurant open only on in the winter.   They have a lot of returning employees and give them first priority for positions.  After they worked out who was coming back and who wasn't, they offered me a management position.  

I will start sometime in December.  That is if we get snow.  So far we haven't gotten much of anything.  This time last year the mountains were covered.  This year?  Well some of the passes that are normally closes are still open.  Let's pray for a big dumping.

Sunday was just watching football.  One of DH's friends came over.  He was there from 11am until the end of the SNF game.  Except for grilling up brats/hot dogs 3 different times, I don't think either of them left their spots on the sofa.  Ha.

DH is on PTO this week.  It will be interesting if he actually stays away from work.  History says otherwise.  We have physically leave the area for him to stay away.   It should be noted the club is closed.  So it's not like he is going into to work to cook for members. He just finds things to "have" to work on.  

Anyway, I think we will take a day trip or 2 this week.  Especially since the weather is so beautiful.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold  yay to new food place and cleaning.
    Good luck at interview!
    WTF to your job! Are you going to talk to someone about how they deceived you? Just .... so rude!

@thefanciest beckler  have fun on your trip :) I'm sure you'll find something for him!

@DrillSergeant Cat  yay new dresser :) Is hardwood an option for that room?
    Btw how's your kitty doing?
    Nope. I'm going to keep my mouth shut until I give them my 2 weeks notice. Then, depending on their reactions, I will either go quietly into the night or list out all of the reasons why their business sucks, from this to sexism.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten I didn't know this (shame on me) but the area that eq happened is a storage site for most of the country's oil! Had that area sustained damage, the entire country would have been impacted negatively. A few years ago, we got earthquakes, but not so strong that we could feel them. Now we're getting major ones that are doing real damage. EQ insurance is a joke. It basically only covers a total loss and the deductible is $20,000. They've traced the uptick in severity and occurrence to injection wastewater and the corporation commission is slowly shutting the sites down, but OK is an O&G state and shutting them down could be devastating to our economy. Grr on many levels.
  • Options
    This weekend was okay.  We finally watched the new X-men and Star Trek movies...we are so behind on everything.  And on Sunday I voted.  Ugh.  I'm never going in person again.  It took 2.5 hours, and a fight broke out when some idiot wore a "Hillary for Prison" shirt.  My parents were also mailed two ballots that were not their own, so now they're all "VOTER FRAUDDDD" and it made it hard to talk to them. 

We're babysitting my parents' dog while they are on vacation this week.  She's okay for the most part, but I'm still not sure about leaving her alone for very long.  I want to go to the gym and run some errands, but since it's her first day here I might just need to suck it up and stay so I can see how she handles it. She's gotten a lot more needy since her surgery and she hates to be alone now.  

• Options
    Holy hell, @ShesSoCold!  I would be LIVID!

My weekend was surprisingly good!  Friday night was a Big 10 hockey game my company had a suite at, and as a sales manager I was obligated to go and mingle with clients even though I care 0.0% about sports.  It wound up being a blast!  The clients were fun, there was more wine/beer/food than expected, and it was actually kind of enjoyable to watch the game.  It was sort of a grudge match with a rival and it went into overtime and ended in a tie, so everyone was pretty amped up.

Saturday I got up early (for me!) to meet an old friend for coffee. We studied abroad together in Mongolia during college and we were very close during the semester but haven't seen each other since.  She lives far away, and I only knew she was visiting Minneapolis because she tagged a local museum in a random facebook post.  It was so great to see her and catch up!  Then I had to go in to work and help direct crowds in the lobby, since things can get crazy surrounding big games on campus.  All the managers take turns covering game days, and you get a half-day of comp time for doing it.  Things were surprisingly dead, so I got to leave after an hour.  Score!

Sunday I dropped FI off at the hanger for his quarterly corporate jet trip to the board meeting.  (He's not on the board--he does technical production for the meetings--but he still gets to reap some pretty nifty fringe benefits!)  I always feel like such a baller when I drop him off there, since you swipe a badge to access the private airport, get to drive out on the tarmac to put stuff on the plane, etc.  Then for the rest of the day I did absolutely fuck all.  I had some vague thoughts of cleaning and organizing, but wound up with netflix and a long bath instead.  

Today my focus is on trying to find a time to slip out of work to hand-deliver FI's absentee ballot to the county elections office.  There probably would have been time to mail it, but neither of us wanted it to get delayed and not count so I offered to drop it off.  Unfortunately the office is 20 minutes from where I work and it's only open during standard government hours.
  • Options
    So as soon as I typed that last post, my power went out.  I ended up having to mosey into the office. 

The good news is that I'm now and closer to the grocery store...so it will make finding the motivation to go to the store easier.  And I'm down the street from Costco, so might as well stop there too. :D 
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold  that is awesome.  It's such a great feeling right?

DH was just called into an emergency meeting at work.  It sounds like his "boss" of only 6 months is getting demoted. I have boss in quotes because technically DH reported to him, really they were on the same level.   There is talk DH will take over the position in the interim.  Maybe even permanently.  

So much for him taking time off.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options

My weekend was surprisingly good!  Friday night was a Big 10 hockey game my company had a suite at, and as a sales manager I was obligated to go and mingle with clients even though I care 0.0% about sports.  It wound up being a blast!  The clients were fun, there was more wine/beer/food than expected, and it was actually kind of enjoyable to watch the game.  It was sort of a grudge match with a rival and it went into overtime and ended in a tie, so everyone was pretty amped up.

Saturday I got up early (for me!) to meet an old friend for coffee. We studied abroad together in Mongolia during college and we were very close during the semester but haven't seen each other since.  She lives far away, and I only knew she was visiting Minneapolis because she tagged a local museum in a random facebook post.  It was so great to see her and catch up!  Then I had to go in to work and help direct crowds in the lobby, since things can get crazy surrounding big games on campus.  All the managers take turns covering game days, and you get a half-day of comp time for doing it.  Things were surprisingly dead, so I got to leave after an hour.  Score!

Sunday I dropped FI off at the hanger for his quarterly corporate jet trip to the board meeting.  (He's not on the board--he does technical production for the meetings--but he still gets to reap some pretty nifty fringe benefits!)  I always feel like such a baller when I drop him off there, since you swipe a badge to access the private airport, get to drive out on the tarmac to put stuff on the plane, etc.  Then for the rest of the day I did absolutely fuck all.  I had some vague thoughts of cleaning and organizing, but wound up with netflix and a long bath instead.  

Today my focus is on trying to find a time to slip out of work to hand-deliver FI's absentee ballot to the county elections office.  There probably would have been time to mail it, but neither of us wanted it to get delayed and not count so I offered to drop it off.  Unfortunately the office is 20 minutes from where I work and it's only open during standard government hours.
    Would that be 9:00AM-4:00PM, closed for lunch from 11:30AM-1:30PM? Lol.  That's about the deal where I live.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Would that be 9:00AM-4:00PM, closed for lunch from 11:30AM-1:30PM? Lol.  That's about the deal where I live.
    That is the way it was in the islands.   Plus there are some 25+ holidays.  Then they have day after holidays.  Which are not true holidays, but a shit ton of employees take off to recover from the holiday.    

On top of that, we lost power all the time.  A lot of places didn't have generators.  So the place might be "open", but unable to do any work because systems were down.  

You would have to plan to take an entire day off to get anything done.  If you did get it done in a short period of time you would post/text all your friends on your accomplishment.  Coupled with a stop at your favorite watering hole for a celebratory drink.   :p

• Options

Haha.  Yikes.

This is 8 to 4:30, which could be worse but still doesn't help me a lot.  It's not a big deal to take a longer lunch and run over there, but it's a pain and I have been ducking out for stuff a lot lately.  Oh well.  Voting is worth it!  And I know FI is voting for the "right" people, so it really needs to count!  (kidding...kinda.)
  • Options
    i need to go back and read what everyone wrote. it's been a long day and it's only 11:11. 

feeling tired today, but i'm also fighting a migraine, so there's that. i had a neuro appointment today and finally saw the practice owner. i liked him, so i'd like to keep seeing him if possible. he gave me some alternate med plans to try (insurance has decided not to cover my abortive in 2017, so while i'm stockpiling, i'm also looking to see if there is another option that works.) we also talked quite a bit about going after (at least one) of the roots of the problem - the arthritis in my neck. we were talking about stem cell therapy - if it works it will be great (and he said the success rate is in the 90%+ range - but it is expensive, and insurance (of course) doesn't cover it.) DK and I will need to talk it out, but it might be worth a try for the long term result. 

i also got my botox, so hooray for that, and because of the headache today, they gave me a sample of one of the milder abortives, and it's helping me to make it through the day. 

leaving work at 3ish because we have our house assessment today. the house is still a mess, but we did a lot of work over the weekend to try and start to organize and put stuff away, so it's something. 

2 weekend positives: Wolverine had a good birthday on Friday. She enjoyed her dinner and gifts. I tried out the jacuzzi tub last night for the first time, and it is awesome. the jets were excellent, and the light show was fun. i called DK at one point - "guess what I'm doing!" and he told me he had walked past the bedroom, saw the light show and assumed I was trying out the tub. 

• Options
    MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2016
    My brother came up to visit for the weekend and we worked on a bunch of misc. projects.  A day with a skid loader and I now have areas that'd been a mess cleaned off/out.  The area where the kids' swing set got cleaned out so I can now prep it to get the base fixed up so the kids can finally USE said swing set (it got overgrown by thistle and raspberry bushes - just what a kid wants to run around and play on!)..  Then we replaced the light in DS's room - which went from "It's dim in here!" to "Let there be light" to "Oh **** I need to clean the carpets in here!"..  And then - we put up can lights in the garage gym and get some cabinets moved so I can finish the last 8' section of wall out there which will signal the garage being done-done and things can be put into their "forever places", but for now, I just need the effing blown insulation (I HATE THAT STUFF!) cleaned up because of what came down when we put the cans up...  The gym is not usable until that gets done because it's every-freaking-where!  
  • Options
    The weekend was kind of a blur.  I was struggling Friday and ended up in bed at 9.

Saturday up at 5:45 to get it together to be at the soccer fields but 7:30.  Y'all there was frost and it was dark.  Sunrise wasn't until 8:06 and kick off was 8.  Poor 6let was keeper and had to get smacked a million times by a rock hard, wet ball and dive on the hard frosty ground.

After that game we went to breakfast then a home depot build.  Then game 2.  Game 2 was about 20 degrees warmer and glorious.  After that game it was home and I fell asleep until my 3:45 haircut.  I was dead after that so movie and popcorn.  I went to bed at 9. 

Max woke up at 6 to go to the bathroom, I helped him, went to the bathroom myself then went back to bed until 8.  I slept 11 hrs!  It was game 3 then DH and I dragged the kids to the outlets.  Snagged 6let a pair of shoes, pants and a bowl for oatmeal for DH, a sweater, tank and water bottle for me. 

And a vent/oddness/I don't know story:
    I've lost weight. Enough that people have noticed.  The guy down the street made a comment about it on Halloween.  I've barely said more than hi to this guy, but he noticed. 

MIL and sFIL are ALWAYS on some sort of diet.  DH said one time in highschool they were on a hot dog diet.  Anyway, she has never once noticed or commented.

They came to the game Sunday and the only the she really said the whole time was "if you ever really want to loose weight you should check out weight watchers."  grrr.