Pre-wedding Parties

Low country boil rehearsal dinner. What to wear?

Hi! So the FILs are planning an outdoor low country boil for the rehearsal dinner. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to wear? We live in South Georgia and are getting married in December, so it will be a little chilly by then. Can I wear pants to the rehearsal, since it will be cool and casual, or do I have to wear a dress? Do I have to wear white? 

Re: Low country boil rehearsal dinner. What to wear?

• Unless the actual rehearsal is in a house of worship that requires a certain dress code, you can wear whatever you'd like.  The bride definitely doesn't have to wear white.
    Personally, i'll dress according to the formality of the event (H and I hosted a dozen people at our place for pizza, pasta and wine, and everyone was in jeans...my sister and BIL's RD was a four-course, open bar affair at a fancy restaurant, so I dressed up).  There's no right or wrong though.
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2016
    I wore a dark bluish-green sweater dress that I already owned to my rehearsal/dinner.

Wear whatever you want!

P.S. What exactly is a low country boil?
  • I have never heard of the bride having to wear white to the RD until recently! Wear what you are comfortable wearing.
  • Of all the places to wear white, a low country boil would definitely not be one of them.  Also: pizza party, spaghetti dinner.  But that's just me.

Wear pants if you want!  In any color you like!  Also, it sounds like a really fun idea for an RD.

SP29 said:
    I wore a dark bluish-green sweater dress that I already owned to my rehearsal/dinner.

Wear whatever you want!

P.S. What exactly is a low country boil?

http://www.coastalliving.com/food/entertaining/lowcountry-boil
  • I have never heard of the bride having to wear white to the RD until recently! Wear what you are comfortable wearing.
    I didn't either.  I wore black.  My sister wore red to her's.  Which was not her wedding color either. 

OP - do not over think this.  Like I said I wore a black dress.  It was new, but I picked it specifically for both the RD and to wear on our HM (which I did twice).  

Wear whatever you want.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated.