Wedding Party

I Found an Inexpensive Robe Site

Hi All!

I just wanted to share that I have found a really great website for inexpensive robes (waffle, satin, and more). It was a life saver for me and I never saw anyone talking about it. I haven't gotten my order in yet, but I ordered them yesterday and they have already shipped! I got them on the Black Friday sale which made them even cheaper. ($7.99 satin robes!) It's too late for that sale now, but their Cyber Monday sale is great too, it's $10.99 Waffle Robes!

Check this site out if you are looking for inexpensive robes for your bridal party. 
http://robemart.com/

Hope this helps someone out there!

Re: I Found an Inexpensive Robe Site

• k&n62517k&n62517 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2016
    While I appreciate that you are helping to keep posts on the right forums, please know that I just wasn't sure where to put it and I was just trying to be helpful. 

I'm not having them embroidered nor did I mention that at all. Additionally, I'm giving them as Christmas presents to a group of people in MY wedding who expressed interest in having matching robes. It isn't even their official gift.
  • Yeah, you never see anyone talking about it because no one (well, except for your wedding party that expressed interest?!), wants robes.  Sorry.  I'm a grown adult - I don't want to wear a cheap robe with a bunch of other women.   And please don't tell me there will be cutesy pictures!
  • No, you misunderstand. I see people talking about robes a lot. I just haven't seen anyone talk about this website. I was under the impression these boards were meant to be a place to be helpful, which is all I was trying to do. I don't feel bad for offering a piece of information that someone else might be interested in. 

If this isn't advice you are interested in, why click and comment on the post at all? I see things all the time on the forums that I'm not interested in or that I think is silly and I just pass right by it. 
  • k&n62517 said:
    No, you misunderstand. I see people talking about robes a lot. I just haven't seen anyone talk about this website. I was under the impression these boards were meant to be a place to be helpful, which is all I was trying to do. I don't feel bad for offering a piece of information that someone else might be interested in. 

If this isn't advice you are interested in, why click and comment on the post at all? I see things all the time on the forums that I'm not interested in or that I think is silly and I just pass right by it. 
    It's not up to you whether or how anyone should respond (or not) to any post.

Had you lurked at all before posting, you would have known that robes are not a popular choice of bridesmaid gift in this forum. You apparently didn't do that, so I let you know that. If I hadn't, someone else probably would have. No one is obligated to ignore you just because we don't agree with you.

Before you post anything else, may I respectfully suggest that you read other threads to find out how the forum as a group feels about anything before you ask for feedback or make suggestions? And if you find that your opinion differs from those of the vast majority, that you reconsider whether you want to share it with us?
  • Jen4948 said:
    k&n62517 said:
    No, you misunderstand. I see people talking about robes a lot. I just haven't seen anyone talk about this website. I was under the impression these boards were meant to be a place to be helpful, which is all I was trying to do. I don't feel bad for offering a piece of information that someone else might be interested in. 

It's not up to you whether or how anyone should respond (or not) to any post.

Had you lurked at all before posting, you would have known that robes are not a popular choice of bridesmaid gift in this forum. You apparently didn't do that, so I let you know that. If I hadn't, someone else probably would have. No one is obligated to ignore you just because we don't agree with you.

Before you post anything else, may I respectfully suggest that you read other threads to find out how the forum as a group feels about anything before you ask for feedback or make suggestions? And if you find that your opinion differs from those of the vast majority, that you reconsider whether you want to share it with us?
    Or go ahead and post anyway, but don't be surprised if we're like "yeaahh no thanks".  You said you see people talking on TK about robes a lot...we do, just negatively.  Most grown women don't want to match any more than we have to (BM dress is becoming borderline, but shoes, makeup, robes...it feels like the bride is 7 and we're her dolls she's playing dress up with).  

You're welcome to share the info, just don't be surprised if your responses are negative.  We're not just going to pass by without clicking like you suggested because if there's a lurker considering the site you mentioned, she'll know it's not a great idea. 
  • Or, perhaps, someone on here wants them specifically for pictures and is getting a separate gift for their bridesmaids. The fact of the matter is that we don't know and it shouldn't matter to us, and there are plenty of brides out there who would find this site useful. I, personally, plan on including them in a welcome bag for my destination wedding, along with several other personalized gifts and wedding jewelry. So if they are only used for a couple of cute photos, so be it! So, thank you, OP!
    11-4-17

• kmlawlor said:
    I just wanted to say thank you for sharing this, because there are some people who WILL find this useful! People on here are pretty vicious, it seems. Thousands of brides browse these forums, and we all have different taste. There is no one opinion about what people want and what people don't.

So, anyway, thank you for sharing!

Luxy11 said:
    Or, perhaps, someone on here wants them specifically for pictures and is getting a separate gift for their bridesmaids. The fact of the matter is that we don't know and it shouldn't matter to us, and there are plenty of brides out there who would find this site useful. I, personally, plan on including them in a welcome bag for my destination wedding, along with several other personalized gifts and wedding jewelry. So if they are only used for a couple of cute photos, so be it! So, thank you, OP!

Okay is the OP making up new usernames now to try and talk sense into us?? NO, treating your BMs (aka your nearest and dearest) like props isn't okay.  I don't care if the robes are $1 each.  
  • levioosa said:
    When I'm getting dressed/makeup done, I'm doing it in a flannel shirt and comfy sweat pants, not a stupid fucking robe that's flimsy and won't stay tied because my boobs are constantly trying to escape through the gap.  And you don't need photos of us getting ready.  No.  You will never look at these pictures.  They are uncomfortable and dumb.  I'm not a prop for you to use.  
    I asked my photographer for no getting ready pics but I didn't plan well and she was there while we were getting ready. However, the only pictures of anyone getting ready are me. I don't mind seeing myself putting on lipstick (that one made it into the photo book) but I don't necessarily want to look back at my BMs getting ready. We all wore what we wore, no matchy matchy cutesy shit. I wanted everyone to be comfortable.
  • Luxy11 said:
    Or, perhaps, someone on here wants them specifically for pictures and is getting a separate gift for their bridesmaids. The fact of the matter is that we don't know and it shouldn't matter to us, and there are plenty of brides out there who would find this site useful. I, personally, plan on including them in a welcome bag for my destination wedding, along with several other personalized gifts and wedding jewelry. So if they are only used for a couple of cute photos, so be it! So, thank you, OP!
    Devil's advocate moment, there might be BMs who are willing to say yes to the robes.

You're stating there is a possibility some may want them? Not here. Not at all. Many - as you've seen - will talk them out of wasting money on that. Taste varies on robes, I personally have 2 robes that I would never have someone purchase for me. Too intimate.

Also, likely hood is no one will want their photo taken in a state of undress. It's creepy and awkward.

Also .... that wedding jewelry better not be a gift. You can't hand someone a gift and it's for the wedding.
  • levioosa said:
    When I'm getting dressed/makeup done, I'm doing it in a flannel shirt and comfy sweat pants, not a stupid fucking robe that's flimsy and won't stay tied because my boobs are constantly trying to escape through the gap.  And you don't need photos of us getting ready.  No.  You will never look at these pictures.  They are uncomfortable and dumb.  I'm not a prop for you to use.  
    I asked my photographer for no getting ready pics but I didn't plan well and she was there while we were getting ready. However, the only pictures of anyone getting ready are me. I don't mind seeing myself putting on lipstick (that one made it into the photo book) but I don't necessarily want to look back at my BMs getting ready. We all wore what we wore, no matchy matchy cutesy shit. I wanted everyone to be comfortable.
    I had some. Most of the "getting ready shots" were at the end. My mum snapped a few cell phone shots of things, just because it's a rarity of me and one of my BMs to be together {distance of living}
    I did get a couple of my other BM doing people's hair, and a few of my own but it wasn't a focal point.

We weren't matching either, I just told them to be comfy and wear a top they can change easily with hair done {like a tank top of button down}
  • Luxy11 said:
    Oh dear, and here I thought I was a friend, not a prop.

• WOW, thanks OP. I have been looking for robes since my BMs specifically noted how cute the ones we saw at DB were and how they would rather wear one of these than a flannel shirt to get ready in (I posed both options). 
  • This still feels very vendory