Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Dry wedding

Due to personal and religious reasons we are having a dry wedding. Our cocktail hour is re-named to social hour :) we will be serving appetizers and have a photo booth so people don't get bored. But I'm worried people will get tired of water, coke and tea (hot, sweet, unsweet). Any drink suggestions we could add that will be fun for our guests? like a DIY flavored water station or something? 

Re: Dry wedding

• Options
    What you have is fine, but if you are serving tea, I would also serve coffee. In addition to coke, I would add sprite and/or ginger-ale.

How do you plan to flavour the water? Could be good, but depending on how you plan to flavour it, your guests might not want it (fruit vs. a flavoured dye). Otherwise I think still and sparkling water alone are good.

Anything else you add is nice, but not necessary- juice and lemonade.
  • Options
    I'm not sure about a DIY water station, but you could certainly buy large drink dispensers and have two or three infused waters available - perhaps cucumber, orange, and/or watermelon or something to that effect?

You could do a similar thing with lemonade - offer a regular lemonade and an infused version with blueberries or strawberries.

Otherwise, do you have any local sodas?  For instance, we have a local soda company that bottles soda made with cane sugar that are pretty popular and come in cute glass bottles (I think they do strawberry, strawberry rhubarb, orange cream, cream soda, root beer, black cherry, and grape).  It's sort of along  lines of Jones Soda, which is also really popular.  Depending on your budget, you can also have a DIY Italian Soda station or hire a bartender to make them (which might be easier and better all around).  Buy a variety of syrups, have carbonated water/club soda, and cream available.
  • Options
    NAF of the flavored water station...  Have water, but I'd much rather see a greater selection or good old fashioned punch varieties (Honey Punch, Sherbert punch, Orange juice/Kool-aid punch) instead...  Dry doesn't have to equal boring!  
  • Options
    I would add Lemonade to the list.  Also something other than regular coke would be great.  Outside of that I like the idea of having the infused waters/lemonades/whatever being self served out of the large glass containers, but it is not necessary.
  • Options
    I would add Lemonade to the list.  Also something other than regular coke would be great.  Outside of that I like the idea of having the infused waters/lemonades/whatever being self served out of the large glass containers, but it is not necessary.
    OP may be using "coke" to refer to pop/soda in general. 

@sparklepants41, the mocktail idea is fantastic! Maybe a signature mocktail for each of you in addition to the other offerings?
  • Options
    I really like the idea of lemonade and a mocktail. Thanks for all the ideas!!
  • Options
    OP may be using "coke" to refer to pop/soda in general. 

@sparklepants41, the mocktail idea is fantastic! Maybe a signature mocktail for each of you in addition to the other offerings?
    That is true...I sometimes forget that other regions refer to all types of Soda as Coke!