December 2016 Weddings

Next Month!

I can't believe it's next month. We got engaged April 2014. The wedding was so far away...

This week, I'm beginning the process of sending all the 30-day-out payments to vendors. I have a dress and cape fitting on Monday.

What are you all doing?

Re: Next Month!

• This month!  I just finished the seating chart!  I deserve wine, oh wait, that's how I survived it.

I pick up my dress on the 6th!!

How are you doing now?
  • I have a final fitting this weekend, but it should fit perfectly. Just double checking! Getting all of my RSVPs right now... waiting on a few more. And I'm in the midst of exams.

I have two 3-6 page papers and a 20 page paper to write, as well as two big exams and some smaller work to do.

But my wedding party gifts started arriving today! I bought my sister a beautiful Alex and Ani bracelet with a sun and moon symbol on it (she's always wanted one). My other two bridesmaids gifts should arrive tomorrow-- a Pisces ring for the BFF (she and I are both Pisces, and she loves rings), and an enamel frog bracelet for my pseudo-big sister (frogs are her favorite animal, and she loves bright jewelry). We got peacock earrings for his mom that are like ones she's been looking at for a while, a yarn bag for his step-mom, and we are doing a donation to a charity for my parents. Still have to figure out his dad and his groomsmen. He's bad at that...

Probably doing movie tickets for my brother (my officiant) for him and his wife.

Between school and wedding planning, my brain is dying. At least we are doing a buffet and no seating chart.

• I have a final fitting this weekend, but it should fit perfectly. Just double checking! Getting all of my RSVPs right now... waiting on a few more. And I'm in the midst of exams.

I have two 3-6 page papers and a 20 page paper to write, as well as two big exams and some smaller work to do.

But my wedding party gifts started arriving today! I bought my sister a beautiful Alex and Ani bracelet with a sun and moon symbol on it (she's always wanted one). My other two bridesmaids gifts should arrive tomorrow-- a Pisces ring for the BFF (she and I are both Pisces, and she loves rings), and an enamel frog bracelet for my pseudo-big sister (frogs are her favorite animal, and she loves bright jewelry). We got peacock earrings for his mom that are like ones she's been looking at for a while, a yarn bag for his step-mom, and we are doing a donation to a charity for my parents. Still have to figure out his dad and his groomsmen. He's bad at that...

Probably doing movie tickets for my brother (my officiant) for him and his wife.

Between school and wedding planning, my brain is dying. At least we are doing a buffet and no seating chart.
    Nice, what's your date again?

We're next Saturday.  Seating chart is done - assigned tables not chairs, so now it's cleaning house, picking up our clothes, building welcome bags for the hotel etc.  Mundane stuff!
  • Dec. 27, and we are not in the state where the wedding is. The past few months have been chaos.

That's so exciting, @kimmiinthemitten ! I can't wait to hear about it. I can't believe it's almost time.