Registry and Gift Forum

Wedding Registries - which are the easiest and best to use?

annaclark857annaclark857 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
edited December 2016 in Registry and Gift Forum
Hey guys! I was wondering which wedding registries you've tried out and which seem to be the best? 

My fiance and I started checking out some sites and listening to what people have to say and recommend. Right now we are closely looking at Wayfair, C&B, Zola and Amazon. We were wondering what you guys think about them and if they are good quality and fast shipping.

Excited to hear what you have to say :) 

thanks!

Re: Wedding Registries - which are the easiest and best to use?

• Hi, 

I am willing to try something new. They seem to have a nice home items and registry assortment. I thought it could have been a great fit, if someone shared their experience. 

But you are right, its good to keep that in mind. 
  • Hi, 

I am willing to try something new. They seem to have a nice home items and registry assortment. I thought it could have been a great fit, if someone shared their experience. 

But you are right, its good to keep that in mind. 
    Wayfair is like a retail shop that carries different brands of varying quality. I would definitely only chose brands you know and have been able to assess their quality over time.

But I would definitely order some things to see how their customer service is.

There is a reason why Kitchenaid and le creuset are popular for wedding gifts- often our parents still have theirs from their weddings. Their quality is known, and when people buy them, they know that you will have it for ages. 
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2016
    If you can, I'd visit a physical store and see the items on display. What appears on websites may be quite different from what they actually sell. Of course, that's also true for display items, but a store visit can give you some idea of how the store operates.

If you're looking at a site that doesn't have physical stores, I'd look very, very carefully at the site and read all the fine print as well as check out its reputation (try Googling the site's name to see what else you can find out about it) before you set up a registry.
  • To be clear in the future so I don't look like a weirdo with my reply, before the post was edited the OP said she was considering Wayfair specifically but was unfamiliar with their products and wanted advice.
  • OP; in the future don't edit your posts like that, it's confusing for posters. Either post an update to the original post or add a new post. 

I wish I had done an Amazon registry. There are a number of things we could have used/wanted that our two stores didn't carry. Would have been easier to just have an Amazon registry instead of waiting to buy them later. My sister used Crate & Barrel and loved them, had no issues. 

There are some problems with Zola (and other similar registry clearinghouse sites like MyRegistry) in which they don't always sync properly with the store registries. For example if you have a toaster from Target on the MyRegistry/Zola list and someone buys one in a Target store, it doesn't always update on your MyRegistry/Zola list, so you run the risk of duplicates. 

As for quality and fast? I'm not sure what you mean by fast; like shipping speed? Depends on where you live, where the giver ships to (your address, their address, in-store), and what speed shipping they select. I have AmazonPrime, so my shipping would likely be two-day if I bought a gift off an Amazon registry, but this is going to vary. 

I'd recommend starting with stores where you like/use their products, you can assess the quality yourself, and you are familiar with. Why would you want to receive gifts from a store you don't know you like? 
  • annaclark857annaclark857 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2016
    Sorry about that! I got a little confused while editing the post and didn't think through the potential confusion that may arise.

Thanks for pointing that out and your feedback. Really useful!

I agree with the versatility that Amazon offers and fast shipping through prime. I think this will be one of the chosen ones for us :) 
  • Wayfair is online only and a discounter. I'd worry about their stock changing frequently. 

Crate & Barrel is excellent
  • Wayfair is online only and a discounter. I'd worry about their stock changing frequently. 

Crate & Barrel is excellent
    This is something big to think about. You may add something to your registry now and in 6 months it won't be there. Also, if you are looking to buy a set of something (i.e. place settings, utensils), you may a guest who purchases you a set or two, but when you choose to complete it later, those items are no longer available. Thus, for anything you are looking to make a set of or keep for a long time, I would look for established brands of good quality that you know you can add to later. (For example, we registered for Noritake place settings. We had a couple sets purchased for us and then we completed the rest using our completion discount. Our registry was through BB&B but we can purchase directly from Noritake to replace or add to our collection. They do change their styles every so often, but they mix and match well).
  • Thanks for the comments. Definitely something to keep in mind when selecting the items. Maybe they restock their items quickly. 

Is anyone familiar with out of stock items with Wayfair? Are they restocked quickly?
  • Thanks for the comments. Definitely something to keep in mind when selecting the items. Maybe they restock their items quickly. 

Is anyone familiar with out of stock items with Wayfair? Are they restocked quickly?
    Not in my experience. Stuff comes and goes and doesn't always get restocked at all. Ever. 
  • well thanks for the feedback! I think we've decided on going with around 3 registries - still debating on Wayfair and C&B, but Amazon is the secure option for now. 

I'll review all of this with my future hubby! Thanks again guys!
  • Williams-Sonoma is terrible for registries if you need to make any return or exchange. They owe me hundreds of dollars and keep 'messing up' the returns. They so so disorganized. Save yourself the trouble and do not register there