Snarky Brides

rude people on this site

I just had to block someone who has been annoying me for WEEKS with her rude condescening advice on every single post out there....I'd imagine I'm not the first person to block her.

Anyone else have issues like this?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: rude people on this site

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-people-on-this-site?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b01dd4ba-5512-4ecc-a2bc-b3c55d49322dPost:310bd481-dbd2-4c59-b475-b424ad8f19c2">Re: rude people on this site</a>:
    [QUOTE]We should start a betting pool on who it is. Based on the poster's posting history on A&A and Invitations and Paper, <strong>my money is on CMGr.  </strong>
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

Oh, well nevermind then. OP is totally justified.
  • I definitely think OP blocked CMGr.
  • I think anyone who announces they blocked someone sounds kind of desperate for some reason... idk what they're desperate for, but it sounds desperate.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-people-on-this-site?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b01dd4ba-5512-4ecc-a2bc-b3c55d49322dPost:ecc924fc-3798-4f13-9aca-f4353656097c">Re: rude people on this site</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think anyone who announces they blocked someone sounds kind of desperate for some reason... <strong>idk what they're desperate for</strong>, but it sounds desperate.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

<div>Attention?</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-people-on-this-site?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b01dd4ba-5512-4ecc-a2bc-b3c55d49322dPost:b595c780-5414-43d4-b524-3dbd16ebc0d9">Re: rude people on this site</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: rude people on this site : Attention?
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

Sorta? More like grasping at straws to look like they are above other people.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-people-on-this-site?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b01dd4ba-5512-4ecc-a2bc-b3c55d49322dPost:249f9245-369d-4247-be98-42d5d9c0aec3">Re: rude people on this site</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: rude people on this site : Sorta? More like grasping at straws to look like they are above other people.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

Both, I think.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-people-on-this-site?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b01dd4ba-5512-4ecc-a2bc-b3c55d49322dPost:04b18797-1524-4abb-9521-2c50a3364f1e">Re: rude people on this site</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm three days in and i have issues with some danged rude posters. I found this because I was trying to figure out how to block someone. Help?  please and thank you, Maggie
    Posted by beingwyrd[/QUOTE]

<div>If you look at the bottom of a post by any given poster you will see in the left-hand corner- Report    Block.  Click block and (I assume, haven't actually done it though because I know how to skim...) it will block that person for you so you don't have to see anything from them any more.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow! I am blind, I had no idea you could block people, apparently I have to pay more attention to the little words everywhere :)
    And do you get to know if you have been blocked? Like do you get a little message or do you just never see the other persons posts?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-people-on-this-site?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b01dd4ba-5512-4ecc-a2bc-b3c55d49322dPost:4d44625f-9eac-427c-bdcd-8ec950e0f54f">Re: rude people on this site</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: rude people on this site : If you look at the bottom of a post by any given poster you will see in the left-hand corner- Report    Block.  Click block and (I assume, haven't actually done it though because I know how to skim...) it will block that person for you so you don't have to see anything from them any more.
    Posted by Johan&Kimmie[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thanks! duh to me. </div>
  • <p style="margin-bottom:0.2in;line-height:0.15in;" align="LEFT"> <font color="#1f1f1f"><font face="Arial, sans-serif"><font size="1" style="font-size:8pt;">In Response to </font></font></font><a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-people-on-this-site?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b01dd4ba-5512-4ecc-a2bc-b3c55d49322dPost:061df58c-d372-4770-b471-5edc97e702ee"><font color="#1f1f1f"><font face="Arial, sans-serif"><font size="1" style="font-size:8pt;">Re: rude people on this site</font></font></font></a><font color="#1f1f1f"><font face="Arial, sans-serif"><font size="1" style="font-size:8pt;">:</font></font></font>
    <font color="#1f1f1f"><font face="Arial, sans-serif"><font size="1" style="font-size:8pt;">[QUOTE]In Response to Re: rude people on this site : Dude, a quick look at your posting history reveals that you've gotten exactly the responses you deserve. You bugged the snot out of your man to get engaged, and you're trying to dictate the style of wedding ring he gets.  And those are just 2 of your gems - I haven't read through all of your posts. People have been very blunt with you, but they haven't been rude.</font></font></font>
    <font color="#1f1f1f"><font face="Arial, sans-serif"><font size="1" style="font-size:8pt;">Posted by DiLynn83[/QUOTE]</font></font></font></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0in;line-height:0.15in;" align="LEFT">
    </p> <p style="margin-bottom:0in;line-height:0.15in;" align="LEFT"> <font color="#1f1f1f"><font face="Arial, sans-serif"><font size="1" style="font-size:8pt;">the first post, i was asking for help, admitting i was being unreasonable. </font></font></font></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0in;line-height:0.15in;" align="LEFT">
    </p> <p style="margin-bottom:0in;line-height:0.15in;" align="LEFT"> <font color="#1f1f1f"><font face="Arial, sans-serif"><font size="1" style="font-size:8pt;">In the 2nd, it doesn't make me a horrible human being for having different taste than he does. Not to mention that we both believe that the bands are meant to match/compliment each other and thus I do have a at least little bit invested in the choice. </font></font></font> </p> <p style="margin-bottom:0in;line-height:0.15in;" align="LEFT">
    </p> <p style="margin-bottom:0in;line-height:0.15in;" align="LEFT"> <font color="#1f1f1f"><font face="Arial, sans-serif"><font size="1" style="font-size:8pt;">But some of the responses 1. weren't to me  (and incredibly rude) and 2. we are grown ups and could at least attempt to be civil to each other. </font></font></font></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0in;line-height:0.15in;" align="LEFT">
    </p> <p style="margin-bottom:0in;line-height:0.15in;" align="LEFT"> <font color="#1f1f1f"><font face="Arial, sans-serif"><font size="1" style="font-size:8pt;">Ultimately it doesn't matter, but yeah, to answer the original OP, I've noticed a similar trend IN GENERAL. </font></font></font></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0in;line-height:0.15in;" align="LEFT">
    </p> <p style="margin-bottom:0in;line-height:0.15in;" align="LEFT"> <font color="#1f1f1f"><font face="Arial, sans-serif"><font size="1" style="font-size:8pt;">- Maggie </font></font></font></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0in;">
    </p>
  • Can't say I've had this problem.  I mean I ask pretty direct questions or for advice or whatever.  If I don't want answers I just dont' post.  Yes, some people are blunt but at least you know they're honest about it.  Doesn't necessarily make them "rude" though
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You got it.....but its not just to me....I've seen other brides take offence at her "advice" and then say rude things back to her. 

I posted about what the guys should wear at the wedding seeing as it will be hot and they don't want to wear jackets...I was looking for creative ideas - which i got from other brides to be/brides and CMGr said "you are getting married in 90+ degree weather? What about your guests comfort?" Am I supposed to dress my guests too? If its hot they will dress accordingly.....plus the tent is going to have fans andtubes circulating air and we are having umbrella's at the ceremony....but that isn't what I asked.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HAHA thank you! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If it annoys you so much then don't reply to my post.....easy fix.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's so nice to see we have a psychologist on the boards who can pinpoint everything so well. Thanks! NOT
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-people-on-this-site?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b01dd4ba-5512-4ecc-a2bc-b3c55d49322dPost:310bd481-dbd2-4c59-b475-b424ad8f19c2">Re: rude people on this site</a>:
    [QUOTE]We should start a betting pool on who it is. Based on the poster's posting history on A&A and Invitations and Paper, my money is on CMGr.  
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

Ding ding ding!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_rude-people-on-this-site?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b01dd4ba-5512-4ecc-a2bc-b3c55d49322dPost:3809730a-2dc3-40d8-85f2-4145e1e92fe7">rude people on this site</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just had to block someone who has been annoying me for WEEKS with her rude condescening advice on every single post out there....I'd imagine I'm not the first person to block her. Anyone else have issues like this?
    Posted by lstruggles[/QUOTE]<div>I'm actually starting to have this problem myself... I talk to people on here for help and advice and sometimes all you get are ridiculously rude jerks who just want to bash you. Like wedding planning isnt stressful enough and then these A holes try to make you feel worse or stupid. I don't get it. But I'm starting to think they have nothing better to do.

</div>
    Love is more than just a feeling. It's commitment, trust, honesty, and patience. Love whom you can trust often and never look back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards