Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Printing Photos

Hi All,

Any advice on printing high quality wedding photos? We received our images and have permission to print as we please. 

Anyone use an online service or have advice in this department?

Re: Printing Photos

• I like to go to my local camera/photo store, it's a teeny bit more expensive than just printing them at a CVS or Staples but I feel that it's worth it to both support local businesses and to get the personal treatment. I've only been into the store I use maybe 5 times but they all know my name and ask questions about my husband and my cat. Highly recommend finding a local store that does printing and at least looking at their pricing.
  • I use Shutterfly for printing our family photos, Christmas cards and just recently a family cookbook for my kids. I've always been pleased with their products. I think you can get a coupon for a first order.
  • I like AdoramaPix. They're based in Brooklyn, do high quality printing of various sizes, and have great prices/turnaround time.
  • I use Shutterfly. I have been happy with what we've gotten off there. You have the option to make edits (crop, black and white, sepia, etc) as well as print in many styles (they have options such as collages, canvas or metal).
  • If you want really good quality, ask your photographer for recommendations.  Since you have permission to print, she has probably gotten this question before, plus she probably knows the best places to have high quality prints made.  I was in your shoes and my photographer recommended a great local place that, sadly, closed about a year later.

For run of the mill prints, I have had good results with Shutterfly.

• I used Shutterfly and Walgreens and have to say the quality was much better at Shutterfly. 
  • I just had a photo book (not wedding related) printed by Shutterfly and I wasn't thrilled with the quality.  The same is true for a photo-on-glass print we had done for FMIL's Christmas present.  After this experience I would be a bit hesitant to use them again, to be honest.  If you do decide to go this route I would suggest getting a test print made before committing to buy a bunch.
  • I use mpix. 
  • I use mpix. 
    ooohhh - I've used mpix too! They're good!!
  • Thirding mpix...I printed a few of our engagement pics (also professional) and they turned out much better than anything I've gotten from a Walgreens/Target/etc in the past few years. They also send out some pretty decent coupons if you get on their email list.
  • As a wedding photographer myself DO NOT USE CVS, WALGREENS, WALMART RITE AID etc . to print your wedding photos (unless of course you have too :). Reason being that the photo quality you'll get there is not on par with other labs that are dedicated to printing. Shutterfly is pretty good, as well as National print labs (my favorite to recommend to people not printing with me)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker