Wedding 911

Death of Sibling Weeks Before Wedding

My wedding is coming up on 01/01/2017. On December 3rd (2 weeks ago) my older brother passed away tragically in a motorcycle accident. He was only 24 and he was supposed to be one of the groomsmen. We have already decided against postponing the wedding due to how close it is and everything (flights, venue, honeymoon) being booked. All of my family is having a great attitude and really encouraging me but I am having a very hard time. I miss my brother so much that I feel like I won't even enjoy my own wedding.

Has anyone dealt with a close sibling dying right before their wedding? I know this is a long shot but I was hoping someone may have some advice for me on how to not let this terrible grief overwhelm my wedding day.

Re: Death of Sibling Weeks Before Wedding

• I haven't experienced this and I'm sorry that this has happened to your family. I would really encourage you to talk with a professional about this and how to deal with your wedding day.
  • I am so sorry for your loss. I second talking to a professional and just taking time to grieve right now.