Wedding Woes

Confessions?

I have two.

1. MIL volunteers in a resale shop.  The other day she brought over some clothes and some little stuffed animals "they threw in for free."  The stuffed animals landed in a donation bag before the kids even saw.

2.  I found a grey hair.  Not on my head.

Re: Confessions?

• I love martial arts movies.
  • M said he's getting me something for xmas, but it isn't bought yet. I'm glad he told me because I have time alone in the house and I will go snooping.
  • I took a vacation day yesterday.  With all intentions of turning that into my "get my home biz off the ground" day.

What actually happened.  Lounged in my PJs, binging on Judge Judy and People's Court episodes on my DVR.  Had a grilled cheese and creamy tomato soup for lunch.  Even my dog didn't get off the couch to follow me and stalk me while I was in the kitchen.  Pretty lazy day for both of us!

what's your home biz?
  • I took a vacation day yesterday.  With all intentions of turning that into my "get my home biz off the ground" day.

What actually happened.  Lounged in my PJs, binging on Judge Judy and People's Court episodes on my DVR.  Had a grilled cheese and creamy tomato soup for lunch.  Even my dog didn't get off the couch to follow me and stalk me while I was in the kitchen.  Pretty lazy day for both of us!

what's your home biz?

Arbitraging textbooks on Amazon.  Basically, buying them from Amazon sellers...or other websites that specialize in textbooks...and then trading them back in to Amazon for a profit.  Amazon has a trade-in program for textbooks, CDs, and DVDs.  That is one of their sideline businesses.  They sell those items to wholesalers/distributors.

The only suck thing is their trade-in program pays in Amazon credits.  Not money.  But Amazon sells all kinds of gift cards that I can use myself or flip for cash to get 90-95 cents on the dollar.

I keep kicking myself because I bought software awhile ago that makes the process really easy.  The concept is really easy.  I've read through most, but not all of the materials.  Played with the software.  But haven't STARTED yet.  Ugh.  My procrastination knows no bounds.

I'll update you all on how I'm doing with it, as soon as I kick myself in the butt hard enough, lol!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I took a day off yesterday too. Did literally nothing. I was hung over and it took me 3 hours to get the motivation to make macaroni and cheese since we didn't have any Kraft boxes. When H got home at like 5, that's all I had done. He gave me the motivation to make dinner and our lunches for today, thankfully.

What I should have done - made lots of cookie dough, clean the bar, do laundry, work out.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

I looooove The People's Court!  I'm pretty sure that counts as a confession.  I haven't been able to watch it in years since I don't have television service and it doesn't seem to appear online, but that was always my favorite judge show by far.  And judge shows are definitely a guilty pleasure of mine.  I blame my obsession on a longstanding desire to be a lawyer.

I looooove The People's Court!  I'm pretty sure that counts as a confession.  I haven't been able to watch it in years since I don't have television service and it doesn't seem to appear online, but that was always my favorite judge show by far.  And judge shows are definitely a guilty pleasure of mine.  I blame my obsession on a longstanding desire to be a lawyer.

My two guilty tv pleasures are court shows and 90-Day Fiance.

And, yes!  The court shows don't appear online.  Or on Hulu or any of that stuff.  At least they didn't the last time I checked.  Everything else I watch, I could either find or live without.  So I basically pay $100/month on cable and DVR services JUST to watch my court shows.  Irritating.

I like the law and find much of it fascinating.  In my younger days, I seriously contemplated going to law school.  And totally would have!...if it hadn't been for, you know...the immense amount of time and money involved, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Someone in our office gave us all baskets of Christmas cookies, wrapped in individual bags (think 6 in each bag)

I'm doing, what was successful before yesterday, a gluten free diet. But there was a bag of chocolate chip cookies in the basket just calling my name.  It's my weakness.  After eating 2 and then 3.... I just looked at the bag and said fuck it, and ate the entire bag to clear away all evidence.  But to balance it out, I skipped dinner.  That was my dinner.

• Someone in our office gave us all baskets of Christmas cookies, wrapped in individual bags (think 6 in each bag)

I'm doing, what was successful before yesterday, a gluten free diet. But there was a bag of chocolate chip cookies in the basket just calling my name.  It's my weakness.  After eating 2 and then 3.... I just looked at the bag and said fuck it, and ate the entire bag to clear away all evidence.  But to balance it out, I skipped dinner.  That was my dinner.

That makes perfect sense to me.  If you had spread the cookies out, that would have been "cheating" multiple times.  This way, you only cheated on your gluten-free diet once ;).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, one more: I bought my nephew a Deadpool graphic novel for Christmas (among other graphic novels). My brother and SIL may or may not appreciate that.

And, yes!  The court shows don't appear online.  Or on Hulu or any of that stuff.  At least they didn't the last time I checked.  Everything else I watch, I could either find or live without.  So I basically pay $100/month on cable and DVR services JUST to watch my court shows.  Irritating.

I like the law and find much of it fascinating.  In my younger days, I seriously contemplated going to law school.  And totally would have!...if it hadn't been for, you know...the immense amount of time and money involved, lol.

Divorce Court is on Hulu.  But that's like, the worst-worst one.  Doesn't mean I don't go there on occasion, though.  I'll take my fix how I can get it.

I think I would legitimately have become a lawyer if I hadn't been in school at the very worst possible time to do that.  Recession plus a huuuuuge glut of law school grads--I decided to spend energy elsewhere.
  • Our washer broke last week and since we're leaving for a week, we added it to the Consumers Energy Appliance Plan since our time will be up when we get back so we can just get it fixed. 
  • Oh, one more: I bought my nephew a Deadpool graphic novel for Christmas (among other graphic novels). My brother and SIL may or may not appreciate that.
    But how else will he learn about awesome graphic novel art?
    (Is it more graphic or less graphic than Saga? I bought that for my niece last Christmas and decided that since she's a step-niece, I didn't need to get my sister in that much trouble w/ niece's mom, so I kept it for myself :)
  • GBCK said:
    Oh, one more: I bought my nephew a Deadpool graphic novel for Christmas (among other graphic novels). My brother and SIL may or may not appreciate that.
    But how else will he learn about awesome graphic novel art?
    (Is it more graphic or less graphic than Saga? I bought that for my niece last Christmas and decided that since she's a step-niece, I didn't need to get my sister in that much trouble w/ niece's mom, so I kept it for myself :)
    I'm not familiar with Saga, but it sounds like something I need to check out!

The graphic novel I bought isn't as graphic as the Deadpool movie, so it should be OK for a 13-year-old. 

• Sometimes, I look at Twiggy and think that I will never love him as much as Toothless, even though I know that all I need is a little time.

I had cookies again for breakfast because I'm mopey that DH has the rest of the week off and I have to work today and tomorrow.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I bought a Ralph Lauren bag for my SIL (on super duper sale at macys), and since it was such a good deal I got one for me too. H asked why there were two bags, and I said it was buy one get one free. 

I am such a jerk about 90 day fiance. I only like the train wrecks. And that can only mean a fat American and a hot foreigner (Danielle and Mahummad, Jorge and Anfisa, the blonde that pushed her Morocaan fiance when he wouldn't kiss her in public..... I fast forward through everyone else.

• My confession is just that I'm only here because I spent all my vacation days on my grandma's party and my sick mom, and there is fuckall to do here this week.  So that's what I'm doing. :)

That makes perfect sense to me.  If you had spread the cookies out, that would have been "cheating" multiple times.  This way, you only cheated on your gluten-free diet once ;).
    I never thought of it that way.  This is why I'm on the boards.  So people can talk sense into me. 
    I agree with @short+sassy in that you only cheated on your GF diet once. I would also like to point out that chocolate not only releases serotonin in your brain, but also comes from beans and most likely has some milk in it. Beans = legume = healthy. Milk = protein + dairy = healthy. 

Also - those cookies were probably made with eggs, right? Eggs = protein = healthy.

What you had right there - regardless of the fact that they contained gluten - was technically a healthy snack. 

I never thought of it that way.  This is why I'm on the boards.  So people can talk sense into me. 
    I agree with @short+sassy in that you only cheated on your GF diet once. I would also like to point out that chocolate not only releases serotonin in your brain, but also comes from beans and most likely has some milk in it. Beans = legume = healthy. Milk = protein + dairy = healthy. 

Also - those cookies were probably made with eggs, right? Eggs = protein = healthy.

What you had right there - regardless of the fact that they contained gluten - was technically a healthy snack. 
    Practically a protein bar. :)
  • I pulled at a hangnail yesterday and now it's irritated and slightly infected. Put a bandaid on this morning, but already took it off. Bandaids are stupid and it hurts. Grr
  • I think it's starting. I have been a regular Annie since my period started at 13. It comes EVERY month.

Like clockwork.

This month. 4 Days late and counting.

Boo....Old age.