Wedding Woes

Thursday

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited December 2016 in Wedding Woes
OMG, I am going to go nuclear on these 'auto-play' videos.  WTF knot?  I can't even see the video on this page, so I have no way to stop it.  I found an extension.  Gah. 

In other news, DH is on vacation and I have two more days of work.  But I'm off all next week.  

DefConn is at my sister's.  The kiddo and DH are sleeping.  It's so wonderfully quiet. 

Re: Thursday

• Today is my last work day before my 4-day weekend!  I keep telling myself, like a mantra, "I just have to make it through today.  I just have to make it through today."

Tomorrow morning, I'm setting up a crockpot of apple cider to enjoy through my long weekend.  I have an interview with a real estate agency in the early afternoon.  I've been looking forward to that.  Then running some errands.  Sat.-Sun. will be relaxing days at home for Christmas.  Monday will be after Christmas sale shopping!  Oh yeah!

It hasn't been today, but TK has been driving me nuts with banner ads at the top that change in size 3 times, in fairly rapid succession, before they stop.  On those days, every time I go back to the main page for each forum, I have to sit and wait for 30ish seconds for that nonsense to stop.  Otherwise, there is no telling what I am accidentally clicking on.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn said:

I think we've figured out our RCI vacation- spring break at the waterpark.
    Which area (or resort)?  :D  
  • And now that I figured out the auto-play issue, I can finish WTF I was trying to say earlier. 

I got DH's coffee yesterday and it's even better than I imagined.  It came with REALLY COOL STICKERS!  I'm more excited about the stickers now, LOL.   Obvs. I'm 5, like DefConn.  :) 
  • DH's birthday is tomorrow.  I can't wait to actually get to spend the entire day with him.  I saw a street vendor in NYC using spray paint to make this:

So I bought it on the spot for him and had it placed in a super nice complimentary blue frame with a red and ivory mat.  I can't wait to give it to him (I'm a seriously impatient gift giver).  I hope he loves it.  The thing turned out about a zillion times bigger than I expected it to be, but there's room for it in my office if he doesn't want it :lol:

Oh that's so cool!  I love it.  

And I am the same about gift-giving.  I was dorking out so hard last night  when the coffee showed up and had no chill.  I was all, "I want to give it to you NOW!" and DH was all, "Oh stop it.  It's only a couple days." 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    6fsn said:

mrsconn23 said:
    6fsn said:

Either Shenandoah Villas or the summit.
  • I have a half day and then I'm OFF until Wed. 

In the meantime, DH dropped off DS this morning and he said that boy was acting really tentative.   I'm just crossing my fingers that we have a virus-free yuck-free Christmas.    There's a nasty puke bug going around (isn't there always?) and the nervous mom in me is so afraid kiddos will get it. 

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2016
    6fsn said:

mrsconn23 said:
    6fsn said:

Either Shenandoah Villas or the summit.
    I think we're going in Oct for fall break.   I can't remember what's available right now...but I'll be interested to hear what you think of the resort and area.  I've been wanting to go visit for years since my friend (and old boss) took a job on-site there. 
  • @AtomicBlonde  omg that's amazing! I love street art :)

@mrsconn23  coffee and free stickers!? sweet B-)

I had to accept defeat last night. M was at a hockey game, and I attempted to put together the desk. Alas, it is a 2 person job. I can't hold legs, plus the metal under part and table top together AND put screws in! I was able to work around it, so that's all that is left.

Hoping tonight we can finish wrapping, and hopefully do the desk. M was suppose to go to the range today but apparently they're closed, but I guess that's good because weather sucks.
    Tomorrow is just a half day, so I've got a shit tonne of baking to do. I may start some tonight between wrapping.

I'll be surprised if M and I can wait until xmas to exchange gifts. He wants to tell me already but hasn't even bought it :D
  • mrsconn23 said:
    OMG, I am going to go nuclear on these 'auto-play' videos.  WTF knot?  I can't even see the video on this page, so I have no way to stop it.  I found an extension.  Gah. 

In other news, DH is on vacation and I have two more days of work.  But I'm off all next week.  

DefConn is at my sister's.  The kiddo and DH are sleeping.  It's so wonderfully quiet. 
    Please share how to disable these -- it's driving me crazy!

• MNNEBride said:
    mrsconn23 said:

Please share how to disable these -- it's driving me crazy!

I googled 'how to stop auto play videos' and found an extension for Chrome. 
  • Been here 10 minutes. Sfil is on a bench reading the paper. Mil has taken 3 videos and a billion pictures. Then I was informed they need to be leaving town by 12:30 for a basketball game. I suggested we skip lunch if the kids are having fun. That got met with a hell no.  Grrrrr
  • mrsconn23 said:
    DH's birthday is tomorrow.  I can't wait to actually get to spend the entire day with him.  I saw a street vendor in NYC using spray paint to make this:

So I bought it on the spot for him and had it placed in a super nice complimentary blue frame with a red and ivory mat.  I can't wait to give it to him (I'm a seriously impatient gift giver).  I hope he loves it.  The thing turned out about a zillion times bigger than I expected it to be, but there's room for it in my office if he doesn't want it :lol:

And I am the same about gift-giving.  I was dorking out so hard last night  when the coffee showed up and had no chill.  I was all, "I want to give it to you NOW!" and DH was all, "Oh stop it.  It's only a couple days." 
    Impatient gift giver here too. H has just come around to the fact that I have zero patience when it comes to giving people presents I'm excited about. We did Our Christmas Tuesday night. 

I'm making Peanut Butter Balls today, while watching season three of Friends. We head off to Buffalo for a few days tomorrow. 

Also, I'm sick, but taking @banana468's advice about a hot toddy. 

• mrsconn23 said:
    DH's birthday is tomorrow.  I can't wait to actually get to spend the entire day with him.  I saw a street vendor in NYC using spray paint to make this:

Impatient gift giver here too. H has just come around to the fact that I have zero patience when it comes to giving people presents I'm excited about. We did Our Christmas Tuesday night. 

I'm making Peanut Butter Balls today, while watching season three of Friends. We head off to Buffalo for a few days tomorrow. 

Also, I'm sick, but taking @banana468's advice about a hot toddy. 

Bad part is M and I are both bad with each other! Especially if we know other person is going to love it or be super excited.
    We're going to either be great parents or horrible parents lmaooo
  • @AtomicBlonde I have a friend who is a watercolor artist. Last year, he posted a bunch of his artwork and one of them was Deadpool which is H's favorite comic book character. I bought it immediately as a Father's Day surprise and H was so disappointed when he asked our friend how much it was only to find out it was already sold. 

I finished the scarf for Mouse's daycare teacher last night and it's probably my favorite thing I've ever made. I was texting a friend about it and she said, "I want a scarf." It really irritates me when people just expect shit for free because it's handmade. However, it's Christmas and I had already made this for one of Mouse's teachers who quit so she gets the spare.

I have a half day today then won't be back until Tuesday! I'm going to spend the afternoon wrapping Christmas presents and finishing up shopping. Mom is home from the hospital but riding in the car is a challenge, so I'm cooking at her house Sunday. Which is great because she has double ovens.
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2016
    My stupid last present for DH still hasn't arrived.  The tracking info said it was at the post office, so I called them.  They said the tracking info meant that the pallet it was on had arrived, but not the actual package, and they don't have the actual package.  o_O  I feel like this is a bullshit answer, but I can't prove it.  But it's something DH really wanted, and now I'm mad that it may not arrive in time.  Grrrrrrr.  I emailed USPS customer service, but unfortunately I'm not optimistic.  Do you think I'd have better luck on Twitter?

Went to the doctor, I have a sinus infection, got a Rx.

So glad this is my last day in the office this week.  It kind of sucked leaving DH and the kids.  I wanted to hang out in my jammies, too!

•  AtomicBlonde said:
    I dunno, maybe my parents are just afraid that if DH gets to know them better he'll run screaming for the hills.

...It's a valid concern.
    At least he is less likely to run since you are married now!  

I had to come into the office today because I am on call to answer any questions if the public calls.  I already had one hysterical person call because her boss is being mean to her (he won't let her stand around and talk when other people are allowed to).  Sigh.

• Wow @OliveOilsMom, that's ridiculous. At least you end up with the office, so you win!
  • Heffalump said:
    My stupid last present for DH still hasn't arrived.  The tracking info said it was at the post office, so I called them.  They said the tracking info meant that the pallet it was on had arrived, but not the actual package, and they don't have the actual package.  o_O  I feel like this is a bullshit answer, but I can't prove it.  But it's something DH really wanted, and now I'm mad that it may not arrive in time.  Grrrrrrr.  I emailed USPS customer service, but unfortunately I'm not optimistic.  Do you think I'd have better luck on Twitter?

Went to the doctor, I have a sinus infection, got a Rx.

So glad this is my last day in the office this week.  It kind of sucked leaving DH and the kids.  I wanted to hang out in my jammies, too!

I've found putting a inquiry in with the USPS works really well.  Even when they initially have an "I dunno" answer.

I order one of my insulins from an online Canadian pharmacy because it is 75% cheaper (ridiculous and a vent for another day).  Those orders are tracked and I watch my package as it travels across North America.  I know the route it takes and about how long it hangs out in each spot.

When it crosses the border, it goes to Chicago.  It is usually there for 1-3 days.  One time, it was there for 7 days.  I finally called USPS to find out what the deal was.  Why wasn't my package moving.  They didn't know but, magically, it started moving again the very next day.

On a different order, it made its stop in Calgary.  The last place it goes before crossing the border.  Usually it is there for 1-2 days.  But this time, it was there for 7 days.  I contacted the Canadian PS, who directed me back to the company.  They put in an inquiry.  The same "I dunno" from Canada's postal service; however, the package started moving again the next day ;).

Maybe it is all just coincidences, but I swear it was like in both of those instances my package was just erroneously sitting around in some postal warehouse...until I asked about it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @OliveOilsMom  good gawd some people ... clearly they realized he's the issue. Enjoy your new office ;)
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2016

@OliveOilsMom, sweet!  To the victor goes the spoils.

At a previous job, there was an "issue" over an office.  I was new girl on the admin dept totem pole and was initially assigned to an inner office in the same area as the group I would be working with.  The group I was HIRED SPECIFICALLY to be working with.

I had temporarily been in a cube.  Later that day, but fortunately before I had moved my stuff, the boss in my department told me she had changed her mind and was going to put Coworker P in that office instead and I was going to be moved to Coworker P's cube.  Which was on the other side of the floor!  The flimsy excuse was "people might talk if I was given an office, even though P had been there much longer than me".  Logistically, it was ridiculous, because the people she supported were now where my desk was located.  And I know the only person "talking about it", ie complaining, had been P.

NBD in the grand scheme of things.  But it was a bad initial impression.  I was worried it would be a petty, politicking place.  As time went on...bingo!  Red flags are red flags for a reason, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ro041 said:
     AtomicBlonde said:
    I dunno, maybe my parents are just afraid that if DH gets to know them better he'll run screaming for the hills.

...It's a valid concern.
    In his annual Christmas letter, I think my dad said something along the lines of, "Daughter got married, which was noteworthy for several reasons.... First, she and Husband tied the knot before he could change his mind and run."

(Followed by, "Second, we finally got rid of her."  I'm glad my family loves me....)

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Ro041 said:
     AtomicBlonde said:

...It's a valid concern.
    In his annual Christmas letter, I think my dad said something along the lines of, "Daughter got married, which was noteworthy for several reasons.... First, she and Husband tied the knot before he could change his mind and run."

(Followed by, "Second, we finally got rid of her."  I'm glad my family loves me....)
    My mum and M joked about having a stuffed sheep or goat at the wedding .... trading :D
  • M and I are going to be terrible parents lmao!

So M picked up my gift and he asks if I wanna know. I said I'll wait until tonight. He says I might be mad .... so I figured it out.

That little shit got me a laptop! My hard drive is dying, so we're not sure how long it'll last so I was going to wait until xmas holidays - boxing day deals - but he got me one for xmas.
    His reasoning: You needed one. Now you can go get that makeup palette you wanted.
  • I don't think H and I have ever successfully gotten each other surprise gifts that were exchanged on the correct day (Christmas, birthday, etc.).

We're both super particular people, so our wants are really specific. I don't want a food processor, I want the Kitchenaid 13-cup food processor in silver, that kinda thing.

So I picked out my gift a few weeks ago.

He confessed to me that over the weekend he saw - without intentionally looking for it - the confirmation email I got about his Christmas gift.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I survived. Sfil spent the whole time sitting on a bench. He can walk 3 miles at the mall, but 3 minutes with the grandkids is too much. At lunch I got the "ww is so healthy!  You should join". Dump on your salt, drink your second large Diet Coke, and smother your food in ketchup lady. Id rather be fat than that version of "healthy."