Wedding 911

Does Anyone Need a Venue in North New Jersey

Hey All, 
My fiance and I found a gorgeous venue (The Brookside Banquet)for both our ceremony and reception. We booked the venue and date early to lock in their early-bird special (The venue wasn't complete with it's renovations). Unfortunately, we are dealing with financial issues and we cannot afford the wedding we were planning on. 
Our deposit was $2,000 and it is nonrefundable. We are willing to sell a couple our deposit for a negotiable price. Because we booked so soon we got an amazing deal that came with the deposit dishes per person range from $85-$100 and the deposit also includes 5 hours premium liquor open bar.

If you are interested in taking over our deposit please let me know. Also, the date is changeable depending on the venue's availability. 

Re: Does Anyone Need a Venue in North New Jersey

• Since you probably signed a contract, make sure your deposit is transferable. 
  • If you're unable to find someone OP - have you considered scaling back your plans to what you can afford instead of walking away from $2000?  Also, what do you otherwise get for that $2000?  Have you negotiated with the venue to still be able to have your event there, but one you can afford instead?