Wedding Woes

OMG, now Carrie Fisher has passed away

WTF is up with this year???

I just texted DH this morning that if he and the kids need some downtime this afternoon, Episode IV is pretty family friendly. 

She wasn't even that old.

Re: OMG, now Carrie Fisher has passed away

• I just saw that on the news!  She was only 60, but died from cardiac arrest.  Such a shame.  She was so young for that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 2016 can just suck it.  Why is it taking all of the fun/good celebrities????
  • Nothing like all the pop culture people you grew up dying off to make  you feel old.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • It's so sad and definitely is making me feel both nostalgic and old. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Fame, money, and Hollywood (especially being Hollywood royalty) is a heavy load to carry for a lady who was only 19 when she did the first Star Wars movie.  She had issues with alcohol and drug abuse throughout her life, as well as bi-polar disorder.
    So sad.  She was such a bright and intelligent lady with a great sens of humor.  I get the impression that she didn't wake up after her massive heart attack.  She will be greatly missed.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Now her Mom is gone, too.  Debbie Reynolds had a stroke while discussing her daughter's funeral arrangements with her son.  Debbie and Carrie are still together.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    Now her Mom is gone, too.  Debbie Reynolds had a stroke while discussing her daughter's funeral arrangements with her son.  Debbie and Carrie are still together.

My H and I were talking about that this morning.  I saw that Debbie Reynolds had died yesterday, but had totally forgotten she was Carrie Fisher's mom until my H reminded me.

So much grief for that family!  It's really sad.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • With this I had the "It's a small world after all" - Todd and his wife are friends with several of my friends...  Granted, the industry is rather tight but I can't imagine what he and his wife are going through right now!