Vow Renewals
Options

Etiquette question...

tmc26tmc26 member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited January 2017 in Vow Renewals
Since it's a vow renewal, should I get bridal party gifts? We'll only have 3 bridesmaids/groomsmen.

So many untraditional things are acceptable in the world today. We did not have a big wedding the 1st time so with noone paying for this other than us, I'd say I can do whatever the heck & have whomever the heck we want. Thank you to those who provided HELPFUL feedback ;)

Re: Etiquette question...

• Options
    tmc26 said:
    Since it's a vow renewal, should I get bridal party gifts? We'll only have 3 bridesmaids/groomsmen
    I think if you're asking someone to stand up in your ceremony you should get them a gift to thank them for doing so. 
  • Options
    One of the differences between vow renewals and weddings is that you don't have wedding parties.

But if you do ask anyone to be your attendant, then yes, get them a gift.
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2017
    Bridesmaids?  At a Vow Renewal?  What?

If you want HELPFUL advice, here is an etiquette site for Vow Renewals: 

http://www.idotaketwo.com/blog/vow-renewal-etiquette-2/

The first thing that it says is that Vow Renewals are not second weddings.  Have a beautiful day and a wonderful vow renewal ceremony, but if you are trying to turn it into your second-chance wedding, you will look very foolish.
    tmc26 said:
    Since it's a vow renewal, should I get bridal party gifts? We'll only have 3 bridesmaids/groomsmen.

So many untraditional things are acceptable in the world today. We did not have a big wedding the 1st time so with noone paying for this other than us, I'd say I can do whatever the heck & have whomever the heck we want. Thank you to those who provided HELPFUL feedback ;)

There is NOTHING traditional about a vow renewal ceremony.  They are a very recent thing.  Yes, they do have rules, just like a wedding has rules.  If you want us to give you permission to do "whatever the heck & have whomever the heck you want" then you will not get it here.  Your statement is very defensive, and somewhat insulting to your guests.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Yes, if you have people stand up with you, then they should be given gifts. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    tmc26 said:

Wow, that's rude and childish.
  • Options
    How long have you been married?
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    We'll never hear from this one again.  She's already ordered her wedding gown.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Definitely get them a gift :) . I hope you have a wonderful renewal!