Chit Chat
Options

First World Problems

I specifically did not bring a lunch today because it's Taco Salad Thursday.  But the line is very long, and I do not want to wait in it.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
--Philip Pullman

Re: First World Problems

• Options
    I tried to book a massage online and it took me 4 different tries to find a date that worked. So. Many. Clicks.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    DH has the flu.  He's the "retreat from the world, don't touch me, don't talk to me" kind of sick person, leaving me as the front line for a teething DS for the last few days.  I need a nap and/or a very large chocolate bar.  
    Anniversary

• Options
    We just had to cancel our honeymoon to the Mediterranean.
  • Options
    I want to go to a barre class tonight but it's half priced boneless wing night at Buffalo Wild Wings.

• Options
    @Justsie, I'm sorry to hear that - canceled or postponed? Sucks either way.

mine - our grocery delivery isn't until tomorrow, and my gluten free options are very minimal until then.  I may have to buy my own lunch today.

• Options
    justsie - boo!  What happened?

We got an instapot and I tried a chicken & rice recipe on Tuesday.  It came out horribly.  I feel like an instapot failure.  

I loaded my bus card online and it took 24 hours to refresh, so I was scared that I wouldn't be able to get on the bus this morning.  I ended up driving to work.
  • Options
    Cancelled for that trip. We hope to be able to do something we just don't know when/where which stinks because we had the whole thing planned and some things paid already so it feels like back to square one! (I got almost everything back because we cancelled with enough advanced notice)

H got a promotion but it is in a different city so he is there while I'm still at our old place looking for work in the new city working at my current job. Our future income as a couple is still pretty up in the air and our trip was longer than 2 weeks (would have been no issue at my current job) which I know most places probably wouldn't go for. 
  • Options
    I made shrimp scampi last night and for the first time in forever hated what i had made.

I need to clean the house but it's still 62 degrees in here and I just want to watch a movie with a blanket.

• Options
    Put in an order for an entree with Hawaiian toppings. Had a choice of ham or chicken with the pineapple. I requested chicken but they gave me ham, and I didn't have time on my lunch break to ask them to fix the order.  

• Options
    I'm craving dumplings for dinner, but we still haven't found a decent Chinese place near us that delivers, and I don't want to do pick up.
  • Options

I think the convertible top for my MINI Cooper is not sealing properly anymore.  There is definitely a 1-2" minor separation from the back window and the top.  It's still "closed", for the most part, but no longer "attached" together.

Lately, I've also been having problems with condensation on the INSIDE of the car windows.  Not sure what is going on with that.

And the trim piece for the roof fell off a number of months ago.  My H couldn't fix it and said I might even have to go to the dealership for that, as opposed to a mechanic.  Except the closest dealership is like 90 minutes away.  So the top continues to live without its trim piece.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My internet has been painfully slow today, so I have been using the data on my phone.
  • Options
    I have to go back to work Monday.  I can't retire yet

• Options
    My office declared a snow day tomorrow, which is a rare everyone gets to work from home. 

I had already scheduled a vacation day. 
  • Options
    All of my good, soft, oversized "feels like a hug" sweaters are dirty.
  • Options
    My office declared a snow day tomorrow, which is a rare everyone gets to work from home. 

I had already scheduled a vacation day. 
    My company's main office has also declared a snow day for tomorrow... But that doesn't extend to the satellite field offices that will be more severely impacted by the inclement weather, like mine.  I still have to go in tomorrow.  We were told to "use caution, and stay safe."

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options

I think the convertible top for my MINI Cooper is not sealing properly anymore.  There is definitely a 1-2" minor separation from the back window and the top.  It's still "closed", for the most part, but no longer "attached" together.

Lately, I've also been having problems with condensation on the INSIDE of the car windows.  Not sure what is going on with that.

And the trim piece for the roof fell off a number of months ago.  My H couldn't fix it and said I might even have to go to the dealership for that, as opposed to a mechanic.  Except the closest dealership is like 90 minutes away.  So the top continues to live without its trim piece.

There might be something wrong with the seals on the windows. Weird.
  • Options
    I have one clean pair of underwear left and don't want to do laundry.
  • Options

There might be something wrong with the seals on the windows. Weird.
    Thanks!  I hadn't thought of that.  I'll have my H check all the seals today.  It doesn't hurt, but I suspect it must be something else.  The windshield also has this issue and the condensation problems all started at the same time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have to work for another 3 hours before I'm off to Vegas!

• Options
    I can't stay logged into my favorite website and have to keep refreshing/retyping the first two letters of my username before the web browser will allow me to autofill.
  • Options
    My heated steering wheel resets when I turn my car off instead of it being a switch like my heated seats.
  • Options
    I have a shopping cart online full of clothes I'd like to purchase, but my closet can't really contain them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker