Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

BHLDN Quince - Need help with accessories

I'm going to be wearing this dress for my garden wedding in March and am not sure yet on what to do with my hair or jewellery. 

Thoughts on a simple necklace that rests just below the clavicle with studs/dangly earrings (depending on hair style)? 

I'm also looking for an inexpensive ivory belt, similar perhaps to the one shown. Any suggestions on where to purchase online? 

Any other thoughts or comments would be appreciated! 

Re: BHLDN Quince - Need help with accessories

• Options
    edited January 2017
    That is a gorgeous dress! I'd go with a long but simple necklace. Studs if you wear your hair down, drop earrings if you wear your hair up. 

You can go either way with your hair. How long is your hair, and what texture?
  • Options
    I agree with a longer necklace. Small dangly earrings would work. I think either up or down would work for depending on your type of hair. I wouldn't do a formal up do though. Something more flowy would go with the dress.
  • Options

I typically take my inspiration from the models in the photos and then add my own flair.  I think a longer necklace would go better than a shorter one, and I wouldn't go to bold or crazy with earrings (either studs or small danglies).

As far as hair, if you are doing a garden wedding I would think down and more natural would probably both compliment the dress and the overall look.  I am not sure your hair color or texture, but if it is longer, adding a loose wave would probably look best.  Of course if you are wearing a veil/headpiece that changes things a tad.

I second a PP that Etsy has some amazing wedding belts.  Maybe you could find something on a pre-owned site also?  David's has nice stuff but they seem so pricey for their accessories.

• Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm currently tossing up between hair down with a wave vs a low and loose messy bun kinda thing. My hair is brown, maybe an inch past my shoulders at the moment and I have a lot of it (not thick, just lots). 
    The messy look will be almost effortless with my hair.. At this point I'm not having a veil or any embellishments in my hair, but I may change my mind. 

Jewelry - everyone seems to agree on the more simple side of things, thanks! Time to go to etsy and find a cool necklace :) 

Belt - I'm having issues finding one I like that doesn't cost more than the dress... I will keep looking though. Annoyingly David's Bridal doesn't ship direct to NZ but there is a post branch I can send it to. 
  • Options
    A simple strand of pearls is timeless, and makes a wonderful heirloom.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg