Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wedding Band Dilemma!

Hi Ladies!

I've been very conflicted about what to do about my wedding band pretty much ever since I picked out my engagement ring. I love how my ring looks on its own and I don't want to muck it up with another band - but I like the idea of keeping the two rings together. 

So options:
1) Do I get a custom wedding band that will mold to the shape of my e-ring? The only real problem I have with this option is it will cover up the pretty design on the side and I'm not sure if a custom band would be able to be the same style and look like they belong together.

2) Move the e-ring to my right hand and get a stand-alone wedding band for my "wedding finger". Will it look silly having diamond rings on both hands?

Opinions please!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Anniversary

Re: Wedding Band Dilemma!

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2010
    That's a really tough decision.  Have you talked to your FI about this?

BTW, I love your e-ring.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Holy moly thats a gorgeous ring.

I like the idea of putting it on your right finger and wearing your band on your left. But you'll still be able to see the top part of your side-design...so maybe the manufacturer of your ring has a similar style side-design for the band? That's a really unique curve...
  • Options
    Coming from someone who has worked in jewelry and makes money off of selling I would still tell you not to even buy a band. Your e-ring is so fabulous, why have anything else with it? I have seen a lot of girls just take the e-ring off right before the ceremony, give it to the best man, and use that for the ring exchange. If you are for sure going to buy a band than yes, I would move the e-ring to your right hand. It will not look silly at all having diamond rings on both hands. There are bands called chevrons that curve and would wrap around, but I personally wouldn't put anything with your e-ring, its beautiful.
  • Options
    I agree with Kayla...if you're this concerned, just use you e-ring as your w-ring and save some cost...

BTW, that is one BEAUTIFUL ring!!
  • Options
    Your ring is gorgeous.  Don't cover it up!  Is there any way you can do a shadow band to curve along it without covering it up at all?  But I'm with KaylaSue, and think you should consider using it as your wedding ring as well.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Beautiful, beautiful ring!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That ring deserves to stand alone!  

I think you should either use it as your wedding band, or move it to the right hand. 
  • Options
    what about getting a band and wearing it when you don't want to wear the diamonds?  IE-- when you are traveling, at the gym,etc. My E-ring also won't fit with a band, and we need a band for our traditional jewish ceremony. I don't like the way teh e-ring looks on my right hand (the symmetry of it makes it weird) so will keep the band to wear on occasions when I don't want the diamonds.
  • Options
    My friend had a vintage e-ring that was much like yours.  She just used it as her wedding band as well with nothing added to it!  I totally agree with you... don't muck it up!
  • Options
    I think you should get a wedding band that you wear when you don't feel like wearing your engagement ring (like reebsreebs said). 

Your ring is amazing, by the way.
  • Options
    Aw thank you all for the sweet comments about my ring :) I really love it and spent a looooong time finding it!

jagore08 - My fiance really doesn't really have a preference about what I do about my wedding band (as long as it doesn't break the bank that is).

reebsreebs & dees14 - Yeah, I do already have a plain white gold band because I cannot wear my e-ring while I'm working (I'm an in-home therapist in the Detroit area and I go to some neighborhoods with high crime) so maybe I'll just stick with either wearing that or wearing my e-ring as I do now.

I think I'll use my e-ring as my wedding band as many of you suggested and get it engraved on the inside before the wedding - maybe adding another diamond band to the other hand after our 5-year anniversary or something (I might be a little diamond addicted! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards