Snarky Brides

What even?

Went with FI to get his tux fitted (at his request) and a bride their had just gotten her dress. Then she was looking a bridesmaid dresses. Good for her, no big deal. Then I overhear her talking to the consultant who was telling her what sizes the dress she was looking at came in. "Well, I have one bridesmaid who is really out of shape. I'll make her work out so she will fit in this..."

What?! She didn't have any bridesmaids with her either. She proceeded to order the dresses and said they'll pay for it. 
Glad I'm not her friend. Holy crap. 

Re: What even?

• Yikes!

That would be a definite "friends-off". Don't make me buy a dress that I won't even fit in! Never mind that you didn't ask my budget.
  • Anyone want to bet that that friendship ends?
    I'll place bets on ending before they make it to the bachelorette party (the bride undoubtedly planned herself). 
  • I'm kind of hoping the bridesmaid in question posts on TK to vent about it. 
  • Actually, on the wedding day itself the bride will not have any bridesmaids, because the women whom she intended to manipulate into losing weight for her and pay for dresses that don't fit will have told her what she could do with the dresses, herself, and her relationships with them.
  • I didn't even get the sashes without the girls being there for measurements! Wait .... I had to get one because one of my girls didn't live in the city and wouldn't be able to come until 2 days before wedding.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2017
    My daughter, as many of you know, is six feet tall in her stocking feet.  Finding her a dress was not easy, but we found that some dresses came longer than others,
    Her three bridesmaids were another matter.  One was pregnant, one was short and very plump, and one looked like a fashion model with tattoos.  They did not resemble the Rockettes.  Each wore a different short dress in a shade of blue.
    Someone made a snarky comment at the reception about the mismatched bridesmaids.  I was so sorry we invited that classless clod to the wedding.  My daughter never spoke to him again.
    The short bridesmaid was a dynamo, and she stood up on a chair to put the veil on my daughter's head.  The pregnant bridesmaid had a beautiful baby boy, and she and my daughter are close friends.  The gorgeous tattooed lady is also a close friend.  So glad she could be there.  Before the ceremony, we all sang "Going to the Chapel of Love" together, to de-stress the bride!
    If you want a chorus line of bridesmaids, there are plenty of model agencies who will supply you with strangers who fit the dresses.  Too bad you don't have any real friends.  I wonder why?

Image result for Rockettes image

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    My daughter, as many of you know, is six feet tall in her stocking feet.  Finding her a dress was not easy, but we found that some dresses came longer than others,
    Her three bridesmaids were another matter.  One was pregnant, one was short and very plump, and one looked like a fashion model with tattoos.  They did not resemble the Rockettes.  Each wore a different short dress in a shade of blue.
    Someone made a snarky comment at the reception about the mismatched bridesmaids.  I was so sorry we invited that classless clod to the wedding.  My daughter never spoke to him again.
    The short bridesmaid was a dynamo, and she stood up on a chair to put the veil on my daughter's head.  The pregnant bridesmaid had a beautiful baby boy, and she and my daughter are close friends.  The gorgeous tattooed lady is also a close friend.  So glad she could be there.  Before the ceremony, we all sang "Going to the Chapel of Love" together, to de-stress the bride!
    If you want a chorus line of bridesmaids, there are plenty of model agencies who will supply you with strangers who fit the dresses.  Too bad you don't have any real friends.  I wonder why?

You're using royal "you" right?
  • CMGragain said:

You're using royal "you" right?
    CMG likes to tell stories about herself when she sees an opening, and doesn't always read the context that closely. I wouldn't worry about it.

okay. I was confused ;)