Wedding Woes

Mary Tyler Moore died.

first major celebrity of 2017?

Re: Mary Tyler Moore died.

• I saw that! Boo. 

My dad used to sing the Mary Tyler Moore theme song to get me to sleep when I was a baby.  Apparently he was not well-versed in the traditional lullabies.  :)  That was the first thing I thought of when I heard.
  • I just read a blurb about her life and accomplishments.  I didn't realize what a pioneer she was for women in entertainment.  It is sad.

On a personal note, she had Type I Diabetes like I do and lived for 47 years with it.  I didn't read anything about her having major complications either.  That gives me hope. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was so sad to see that.  She was a HUGE advocate for JDRF.  :( 
  • Since I'm a lot older than most of you, I remember her on the original Dick Van Dyke show (and of course the MTM show). She worn those cigarette leg pants and a sweater (very dancer looker since that was what she was). Women didn't wear pants on TV back then - she had it written into her contract that she could wear pants in at least one scene per show (I think that was the frequency).
  • She's the biggest celebrity from my sorority. Even included a thing of ours into each of her shows. 

Rest In Peace, sister. Like the ivy that twines, friendships don't end with time. 
  • Heffalump said:
    I saw that! Boo. 

My dad used to sing the Mary Tyler Moore theme song to get me to sleep when I was a baby.  Apparently he was not well-versed in the traditional lullabies.  :)  That was the first thing I thought of when I heard.
    this is so cute :)
  • Heffalump said:
    I saw that! Boo. 

I thought of "Buddy Holly"...

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I thought of "Buddy Holly"...
    While that wasn't my first thought it is no stuck my head...so thanks?