Flowers
Options

Kukka Flowers

I saw an advertisement for Kukka Flowers on Facebook and was wondering if anyone has used them for DIY flowers. Their website seems legit and the person I contacted was very professional, but it looks like they only started in 2016.

Re: Kukka Flowers

• Options
    LondonLisaLondonLisa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2017
    I saw an advertisement for Kukka Flowers on Facebook and was wondering if anyone has used them for DIY flowers. Their website seems legit and the person I contacted was very professional, but it looks like they only started in 2016.
    I would stay away from DIY flowers but these especially just seem insanely overpriced. You would be much better off speaking to a local florist and giving them your budget. Honestly, for the $300- $500 they are charging I am sure you could get equally nice bouquets, and have a professional arrange them for you.

Bouquets only work well being put together on the morning of the wedding, and that is the LAST thing you want to do. Who is arranging your centrepieces? Who is taking them to your venue? Do you have enough refrigerator space to keep them? Arranging flowers takes SO long. 

3 Days before my wedding, my florist called saying that she had been to the flower auction and was disappointed with the quality of one of the flowers I picked out. She refused to give me a sub-par bouquet, so she bought  3 different  bunches of similar flowers in the same colour/texture and texted me the options to choose which one I liked best. That is what you get with a florist: someone who knows the flowers, and also knows how to solve problems in a fix so you don't have to stress about it. If it was DIY posted flowers, I would have been sent wilted, not OK flowers. 

With deliveries, what happens if it gets too cold/ too hot/ not the colour you want/ wilts? You don't have any of those failsafes. 
  • Options
    I would stay away from DIY flowers but these especially just seem insanely overpriced. You would be much better off speaking to a local florist and giving them your budget. Honestly, for the $300- $500 they are charging I am sure you could get equally nice bouquets, and have a professional arrange them for you.

Bouquets only work well being put together on the morning of the wedding, and that is the LAST thing you want to do. Who is arranging your centrepieces? Who is taking them to your venue? Do you have enough refrigerator space to keep them? Arranging flowers takes SO long. 

3 Days before my wedding, my florist called saying that she had been to the flower auction and was disappointed with the quality of one of the flowers I picked out. She refused to give me a sub-par bouquet, so she bought  3 different  bunches of similar flowers in the same colour/texture and texted me the options to choose which one I liked best. That is what you get with a florist: someone who knows the flowers, and also knows how to solve problems in a fix so you don't have to stress about it. If it was DIY posted flowers, I would have been sent wilted, not OK flowers. 

With deliveries, what happens if it gets too cold/ too hot/ not the colour you want/ wilts? You don't have any of those failsafes. 
    Completely agree with @LondonLisa. Definitely talk to your local florist. I live in the Boston area and for 4 bouquets, 8 boutonnieres, and 5 corsages, all of which were calla lilies or orchids, the total cost was only $461. Everything looked amazing and I did not have to spend any grueling amount of time DIYing flowers. Flowers involve a surprising amount of labor.