Wedding Woes

It's so Monday

2»

Re: It's so Monday

• @OliveOilsMom - I am so sorry about Betsey.  When my Boston passed from CHF, my work let me WFH for an entire week before we had to put her down.  I cried when I came back trying to explain to my boss how much it meant to me to be able to spend that time with her.  Hug her tight today (and if you have a friend with a nice camera, have them come over and get some final pictures.  Those are my favorite ones, by far).

• Another day.

I've been so happy to see my friends who live in the international cities protesting at the airports.  I've actually been peripherally involved with an organization in my city that's been helping to set up homes for refugees coming into our city.  I mostly just help find donations for their home setting up b/c of other obligations, but I think of the families we've already helped find homes and...well, I have a very ugly and deep anger about all of this.  And this ISN'T about safety, this is about race and religion.

I keep saying my life will slow down, but it's not going to.  Pride is gearing up now.  
  • I'm sick. That is all.

Yuck

• Boo @NOLABridesmaid!  Feel better soon.  
  • Aww @OliveOilsMom I'm so sorry. Are you able to be with her all day today?
  • @k I"m glad you were able to go to Dearborn

I'm also past apolitical on FB, and, y'all know my background, so you know my college friends are flashing red sirens.
    I may have destroyed a friendship overnight, because I said we're reading differnt Bibles.  I'm pretty sure I"m going to be unfollowed all around.

I put my back out this weekend--worse than I've EVER put it out before.  so that didn't help my mood in the least.  we did a giant cull of toys and kid stuff though, which I think we have a connection to take them to the women's shelter.
    And the cats are now playing w/ e/o and tolerating e/o and laying on the same pieces of furniture in peace.  relatively.

And I'm still trying to figure out whether the dog is being affected badly by her meds or not.

Yes.  I will be with her all day today.  I probably could have gone to work, but knowing how Betsey is doing I wanted to be here with her.  That is the only good thing that came from the stomach flu.  I can play off an extra sick day.
    Yes.  I will be with her all day today.  I probably could have gone to work, but knowing how Betsey is doing I wanted to be here with her.  That is the only good thing that came from the stomach flu.  I can play off an extra sick day.
    Take that sick day and spend it cuddled up with your girl.
  • @OliveOilsMom, I'm so sorry about Betsey.

@MissKittyDanger, I'm sorry our a**hat of a President is rubbing off on some of Canada's citizens.

But, overall, the U.S. is angry.  The world is angry.  It gives me faith and I take comfort in that.

@charlotte, I don't think 3 weeks is necessarily too long to have not heard back for your H.  Hopefully there is still good news to be had.  And good luck with the position you applied for!

My weekend was good.  I got my errands done on Friday.  Which included picking up a $683 check for a flood insurance overpayment refund.  Cha-ching!  It felt like "found" money, lol.  If only I could get one of those every week.

I did my lunch mystery shop for a gourmet hot dog place.  Not as good as I was expecting, but decent.  My H and I went on a walk after lunch.  The weather was great and that was nice.  Though, now that we have caught the real estate bug, our walks consist of pointing out house features we like, "wishing we owned that 4-plex in this neighborhood", and "look at that potential fix n flip!" type of comments, lol.

I'm blaming the WW board for most of my weekend.  Totally binged "This is Us".  Love it, totally addicted.  I was bad!  Watched all the episodes.  I didn't know how many episodes had been aired.  So I got to the last one and kept clicking the "down" button on my OnDemand to get to the next one.  I finally noticed the last episode I watched had an air date of 1/24/17.  And I was like, "NOOOOOO!!!  I have two more hours before I have to go to bed.  More.  MORE!!!"

I normally don't like shows that flip around from story to story, including going back and forth in time.  But this show does it so well and seamlessly.  And it just all becomes part of the same story.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy I am SO glad you watched it! It's the best. Everything from the music, to the lighting, to the dialogue is just perfect. And it makes you feel all the feelings. Lucky for you, you finished just in time to watch it on live TV :) it's on tomorrow!

• @short+sassy I am SO glad you watched it! It's the best. Everything from the music, to the lighting, to the dialogue is just perfect. And it makes you feel all the feelings. Lucky for you, you finished just in time to watch it on live TV :) it's on tomorrow!
    I was SO excited for This Is Us tomorrow night but apparently it's not a new episode that's airing :(
    I was SO excited for This Is Us tomorrow night but apparently it's not a new episode that's airing :(

What!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO. I'm so upset!

• I caught up on it yesterday - the doctor and his wife had me sobbing.  I mean full on Julia Roberts ugly cry - fat baby tears - couldn't breathe sobbing.
  • @short+sassy - I started watching it this weekend also!  I watched the first three episodes and I teared up during each one.  Very good.  I plan to get completely caught up this week.

• I'm sure you did great, @6fsn.  You're an amazing, sensitive, intelligent (emotionally and otherwise) person and mom.   And those qualities are apparent in your kiddos as well.  <3  I'm sorry that 6let has to even have those worries, but I'm sure you eased his mind. 
  • Oh kiddo update...He slept 7+ hours and woke up just fine.  He also has his first job interview this afternoon. 

Hopefully no one else gets the plague.  I'm crossing all the fingers and knocking on all the wood. 
  • SO has the plague. He went to urgent care today and while they didn't give him antibiotics because it's viral, they told him to stay home today and tomorrow and to drink lots of fluids, rest, and take Motrin.  Which is exactly what I told him. 

• levioosa said:
    SO has the plague. He went to urgent care today and while they didn't give him antibiotics because it's viral, they told him to stay home today and tomorrow and to drink lots of fluids, rest, and take Motrin.  Which is exactly what I told him. 
    What?  You knew what to do without a fancy medical degree?  

I bet you just guessed though.  How could he have known you were right?  ;) 

(Mr.Conn has the same stupid stubborn streak.) 
  • DefConn came home and starting drinking out of the kiddo's water bottle (because he thinks everyone should just share drinks with him *smh*).  

So now the countdown to puking DefConn is on.  

What!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO. I'm so upset!
    Me too! H and I will just have to use it as an opportunity to get further through Shameless (which is also fantastic).
  • mrsconn23 said:
    DefConn came home and starting drinking out of the kiddo's water bottle (because he thinks everyone should just share drinks with him *smh*).  

So now the countdown to puking DefConn is on.  
    Kids are gross.