Wedding Woes

Thursday

2»

Re: Thursday

• *Barbie* said:
    I got shoes in the mail yesterday, and am wearing them today. 
    My shoeoftheday is a platinum menswear inspired oxford by Steve Maddenshoes oxfordshoes platinum sparkle soshiny funky style fashion stevemadden coach werk
    We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious.
  • So H is at his first real professional conference and he just texted me to tell me he was invited to the afterglow.  He's so excited that I don't have the heart to tell him everyone is usually invited to the afterglow.

I mentioned last week that H was at a Tech convention.  The first 2 years he went he drove there & back the two days.  Last year, I went and we stayed over - so we had dinner together.  This year, he stayed over by himself and basically had 3 dinners!  One of which was a really nice meal at McCormick & Schmidt's.  By the time the 3rd one came around, he could barely even drink a beer!  He was so full!  Hopefully your H enjoys the after sessions just as much!
  • I am having a pretty crappy week.  The news has given me severe anxiety about what the world will look like years from now.

A good friend of mine and I have been working out at a small studio 3 times a week.  Her girlfriend hasn't been very supportive (seems to think that if there is a conflict between a class and what she wants to do, Friend must cancel the class).  Gf is planning a surprise party for Friend this weekend and told Friend to leave class early to accommodate the party bus.  I texted Gf and told her I had no intentions of leaving class early and she should probably be supportive of Friend's efforts to workout before partying.   The whole situation is irritating me.  

• I have gotten a lot done (yay), but Horrid Meeting is coming (boo) and I just want to screw around until then.

Our controller has fiddled with some process, which is what the meeting is about.  He and my boss hate each other, so it's either going to be constant, low grade hostility (ugh), or they're going to fight (cool).  My boss is already on edge because he had to review his portion of the budget presentation with his boss, and so he was flying around in a tizzy all morning.  I don't think it would take much to set him off right now, and Controller isn't good with people to begin with. 

Me:

• @Heffalump - Lol at your gif.  I miss Psych, Gus, Shawn, and everything else that made that show awesome.  

• I need a second Thurs. post.  Y'all, I just can't with my H right now.  Vent warning.

I had planned to put up my ad yesterday for our 2-bed unit on our rehabbed duplex.  I was busy and flaked, not proud of that, but made it my personal mission to get it up today.

I finally go to organize and label the pics my H took and they're horrible.  I can't post these.  They are largely pointless.  Stuff like, a pic of the kitchen window with a little bit of upper cabinetry.  But no pic of the whole kitchen.

He is also notorious for taking pics inside a room, facing out.  And I've told him over and over and over again, with our other rentals, that he needs to stand in the doorway and face IN.  Otherwise, a potential tenant has no sense of the room's space or even what it looks like.  He did his usual "opposite" of that with his pic of one bedroom (didn't take a pic of both bedrooms) AND the living room.  "Gee, what a lovely picture of the front door, window, and about 25% of the living room."

F**K!!!  WTH!!!  He KNOWS (or should know) the shots I want because we've put ads up many times.  And I'm talking basic, logical stuff.  I'm really not a stickler or expect some professional photo shoot.  But take a pic of the whole frickin' kitchen.  Not the frickin' kitchen window.  OMG.  He cannot be serious with this. 

Fridays are my half days.  So now, I'm going to have to spend tomorrow afternoon going out to this duplex to take the pics myself.  I have a f/t job.  He has no job and is already over there finishing up the other unit.  Yet, with my much more limited time, I need to waste it making a special trip because he can't do this right.

Sorry for the rant.  I'm just so frustrated and aggravated.  You all have no idea how many discussions we've had about how rental unit ad pics should look.  He is so smart and savvy with so many things but, Lord help me, this is not one of them.  I don't know where our disconnect is on "pictures of a whole room or close to it".  Not random details, corners, and walls.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ro041 said:
    @Heffalump - Lol at your gif.  I miss Psych, Gus, Shawn, and everything else that made that show awesome.  

YES.  I loved Psych.  And I love Dule Hill 4ever.
  • Heffalump said:
    Ro041 said:
    @Heffalump - Lol at your gif.  I miss Psych, Gus, Shawn, and everything else that made that show awesome.  

Me, too!  They ended that show way too early.  There was still a lot of life left.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I liked the way they ended it though.  

I do miss the show being on Netflix.  I watched it all the time.  I had made it a goal (yeah, i'm lazy sometimes) to find the pineapple in each show w/out looking.  I had barely even found a quarter of them, I bet.
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2017
    Heffalump said:
    Ro041 said:

Oops, weird double post.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker