Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Menu Feedback Please! Salmon/Beef vs Chicken

I am a vegetarian so would appreciate some feedback on this menu! Is it a bad idea to have beef kabobs as an appetizer if we are also serving beef as an entree? Do people get sick of beef? Also, do you guys think that most people will like either the roast beef or salmon, or is it better to replace one with a chicken dish?

Thanks for the feedback!

Menu:

Appetizers - Cheese/Fruit/Veggies, spicy beef/onion Kabobs, Shrimp, Bruchetta, and Stuffed Mushrooms

Entrees - Roast Beef and Salmon (or a vegetarian option)

Re: Menu Feedback Please! Salmon/Beef vs Chicken

• I think your menu is fine as is. You're offering 3 menu options - veg, fish and beef - which is plenty. And your apps are veg friendly and omnivore friendly. Your bases are covered.

You will get preferences that run the gamut on this board, but really this is a know-your-own-crowd kind of thing. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I think your menu is good.  Nice mix of items.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I am a vegetarian so would appreciate some feedback on this menu! Is it a bad idea to have beef kabobs as an appetizer if we are also serving beef as an entree? Do people get sick of beef? Also, do you guys think that most people will like either the roast beef or salmon, or is it better to replace one with a chicken dish?

Thanks for the feedback!

Menu:

Appetizers - Cheese/Fruit/Veggies, spicy beef/onion Kabobs, Shrimp, Bruchetta, and Stuffed Mushrooms

Entrees - Roast Beef and Salmon (or a vegetarian option)

I think it sounds nice. I prefer fish to chicken, and I think you are serving a good range. If you're worried about the beef kebabs, maybe see about doing a chicken starter. 
  • Sounds great!
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2017
    SITB :p

If you have any vegans in attendance, I'd talk to your caterer about adding a vegan-friendly entree. If you wont, it looks good to me.
  • I like your menu. It looks delicious.
  • I think your menu is great!  My only thought is a lot of people can't do spicy, so just something to be aware of...
  • Your menu sounds great! And now I'm hungry!
  • Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback. I was a little worried about not having a chicken dish but feel way better now. 
  • The menu does sound great.
  • I think that menu list is good enough, i personally prefer chicken.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards