Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Prewedding lunch or Brunch for Bridesmaids/Bride?

What have you served for your bridesmaids for a lunch/brunch?  Our ceremony is at four with cocktail hour starting at 5/5:15pm so I want to ensure that we have food out for everyone before hand.  I wanted to keep it light/not heavy in terms of content but I didn't want anyone hungry or not being fed.  I was going to have salad, sandwich trays from Jimmy Johns with a variety of choices (smaller ones so people can have as much or as little as they want) but from there I am stumped for what else to serve everyon.  I will have mimosas and beverages available as well. I am open to alternate options just don't want them to feel like they are responsible for anything but showing up!

Re: Prewedding lunch or Brunch for Bridesmaids/Bride?

• VTsuninSc said:
    What have you served for your bridesmaids for a lunch/brunch?  Our ceremony is at four with cocktail hour starting at 5/5:15pm so I want to ensure that we have food out for everyone before hand.  I wanted to keep it light/not heavy in terms of content but I didn't want anyone hungry or not being fed.  I was going to have salad, sandwich trays from Jimmy Johns with a variety of choices (smaller ones so people can have as much or as little as they want) but from there I am stumped for what else to serve everyon.  I will have mimosas and beverages available as well. I am open to alternate options just don't want them to feel like they are responsible for anything but showing up!
    I did sandwich platters, mixed fruit, cheese and crackers, chips, gummy bears, mimosas, and flavored waters. We had a ton of snacks and drinks and it worked great. 
  • What you have planned sounds fine to me. At the weddings I've been a part of, food for the wedding party has been pretty basic and simple. Usually sandwiches (like the deli trays) and some fruit. Maybe some chips to go with and bottled water of course. 
  • I had sandwiches and meal salads (think salads with chicken or beef or shrimp) to accommodate one of my maids who required gulten free food, as well as veggie and fruit trays, and cheese and crackers to snack on. I think what you have planned sounds good to me.
  • It was just my sisters and mom (and my dad was kind of in and out) getting ready, but I brought in bagels and fruit for breakfast and paninis and a salad for lunch.
  • My answer would depend on why your BM's are all with you prior to the ceremony, how long they are with you, and what they are doing.

If this is a gathering for hair and make up application, and your BM's have an opportunity to sit, I might have a more substantial lunch if they are with you for several hours prior to the ceremony.  If the gathering is for a shorter period of time, perhaps for picture taking, I might offer simpler finger foods that can be "grabbed".  I would also probably make food choices that were less likely to spill and/or stain since everyone will be dressed.
  • I think what you have in mind is good.

I had sandwiches, drinks, fruit and some snack foods.
  • We got chickfila and my mom made sandwiches and had a fruit and veggie tray. The chickfila was a nod to my parents wedding, they got married with it was just starting to become a "thing" and chickfila catered their wedding. 
  • I think having mixed fruits, sandwich platters and crackers would be a good choice.