Attire & Accessories Forum

Bra Indentations

How do you get rid of bra indentations on your body? I am a 40F and haven't gone braless since I was 12. I'm now 50 and getting married to the love of my life. I found a BEAUTIFUL dress with cap sleeves (good size straps really) and a corset back so I'm securely in the gown. I tried it on with and without a bra and without looks better (SHOCKING!) but you can see the indentations of the bra on my back and shoulders. My ceremony doesn't start until 6:00pm and I can't imagine going braless all day while I get my hair and make-up done. Any suggestions?

Re: Bra Indentations

• Sports bra during the day? 

• zyanya67 said:
    How do you get rid of bra indentations on your body? I am a 40F and haven't gone braless since I was 12. I'm now 50 and getting married to the love of my life. I found a BEAUTIFUL dress with cap sleeves (good size straps really) and a corset back so I'm securely in the gown. I tried it on with and without a bra and without looks better (SHOCKING!) but you can see the indentations of the bra on my back and shoulders. My ceremony doesn't start until 6:00pm and I can't imagine going braless all day while I get my hair and make-up done. Any suggestions?
    Could you wear a longline strapless bra before your wedding?

I would suggest going to a high end lingerie shop that has experience with larger cup sizes and see what they suggest. They may have wider strap bras, vest-style bras or other options that you could try. 
  • Have you had a bra fitting? I'm wondering if you might be wearing the wrong size and that's what's causing visible-through-clothing indentations.
  • I'm not referring to indentations you can see through clothing. I am speaking of the marks/lines on your skin when you take your bra off. Is there some trick (hot or cold cloths) to make them disappear quicker so they won't show when I put on my gown which dips in the back?
  • zyanya67 said:
    I'm not referring to indentations you can see through clothing. I am speaking of the marks/lines on your skin when you take your bra off. Is there some trick (hot or cold cloths) to make them disappear quicker so they won't show when I put on my gown which dips in the back?
    Why don't you try these ideas when you get home from work today? If they are lasting that long on your body would def. get a second opnion on what size you are

• zyanya67 said:
    I'm not referring to indentations you can see through clothing. I am speaking of the marks/lines on your skin when you take your bra off. Is there some trick (hot or cold cloths) to make them disappear quicker so they won't show when I put on my gown which dips in the back?
    I don't know of any trick to get rid of this. Just go braless the day of. Where are you getting your hair and makeup done?
  • In the hotel suite so I guess it won't be a big deal, but I will have to spend a few hours without a bra which I am not used to doing. I will also have to ride over to the venue without one.
  • zyanya67 said:
    In the hotel suite so I guess it won't be a big deal, but I will have to spend a few hours without a bra which I am not used to doing. I will also have to ride over to the venue without one.
    I'm not as a well-endowed as you are (I'm a DD), but I really don't think it will be a big deal. Do you ever spend time braless when you're at home?
  • A cami with a built-in shelf bra might be some help if you are uncomfortable going completely braless during the day while you are getting ready. 
  • I sleep in the nude and as for a cami top, I have a few of them but they leave marks too. I may give it a try though.
  • levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2017
    My boobs have gotten out of control with my weight gain and I'm now a 36E.  I used to love camis with the shelf bra but they are uncomfortable now too.  I can however wear camis without the shelf bra and that seems to give me a tiny bit of support, and it doesn't leave lines. Maybe give that a try.  It won't wrangle them completely, but it will help, and you'll be a little more comfortable than going bra-less since that seems to be an issue.  Otherwise, I say go braless

• 38H here:  I want to agree with others that if your bra is leaving long lasting red marks on your sink than you are likely in the wrong size.  I also understand the discomfort/self-consciousness of going without anything for support.  I have found (for me) that a halter style top is the best at wrangling my breasts without leaving the thick lines where my shoulder straps/back would be (of course it may leave a mark on your neck). 

Just try a few different tops/a long line bra/ even those sticky cups and see what helps you the most without making you too uncomfortable the day of.

• zyanya67 said:
    I'm 26 and a 38 D and I have this problem on my shoulders. My mom suggested that I wear strapless two weeks before the wedding. I'm going to still lurk around to see what gets suggested too!