October 2017 Weddings

October 2017

Hi everyone! :)

So me and my fiancé are getting married Oct. 21st. This is our first wedding(He is 26, I am 23) and we don't know where to start! We already booked our reception venue, but that's about it! Any help on when to send out save the dates, etc?

Thanks! 

Re: October 2017

• Hi wedding date twin! Our wedding is 10/21/17 and I am 23, fiance is 27 so I am in a very similar situation! We booked our wedding ceremony/reception venue, photographer, and DJ. For us, those were the big things to book first. We are now working on booking our caterer, have two tastings coming up in the next week so that will be fun! We try to do something every weekend, and have everything laid out so we can plan efficiently. If you're planning your wedding by yourselves like we are, I would definitely recommend buying a wedding planning binder! We are sending out save the dates within the next week because we have people flying in from all over the country. Invites wont be sent out until a few months before, but at least our save the dates will be out there!
  • Hi there! Have you looked at the checklist that The Knot provides? If you've signed up then you should be able to sign in and click on "Checklist" to see it. Once you enter in your wedding date, it breaks down everything you should do by the month. Super helpful way to know what to do and when, and you can just check things off as you go to stay organized. Hope that helps!
  • Has anyone here tried this wedding planning course? If so, what are your thoughts? I saw their ad on Facebook and I'm considering taking it. 
    http://bit.ly/getitorganized

Getting married 10/14/17. 
  • Hi! We are getting married on October 14th. I made a google spreadsheet with tabs for budget, guest list, vendors, registry, and "brain dump" where I collected my ideas. I would say start with a set budget, and then find vendors. We are doing a fully catered wedding and reception for around $4000, so I am DIYing a lot. We did invites and RSVPs through vistaprint during a 50% off sale, and they turned out fab. Sent save the dates last week. I also looked at the knot's checklist and made my own to-do list in Google Sheets.