Wedding Woes

Monday!

2»

Re: Monday!

• Ooooh @Ro041 that is an excellent suggestion. Thank you so much for that! I wouldn't have even thought about recording. I could easily have my phone in my pocket with the recording app open without him even thinking anything of it.

• Not a problem.  You would be surprised how many people we have come in with recordings they made at work.  It's hard to beat that kind of evidence, so they can be very powerful.  Of course, you don't want to do it in any state that requires both parties to consent.  :) 

• Pretty low key day today. Went to Costco and found some barstools that I think we will give DS2 for his birthday since we can't go to the store he wants to go to in his city. Have bookclub tonight - always fun. 

I wish more brides would read and learn from the etiquette board. I saw on FB today that a friend of DS2's posted her wedding website and said invitations would be out soon. DS2 and his college room mate are close friends with this gal. They now all live in the same area so I am sure DS2 will be invited. However, from the website there are some issues. They are telling people what to wear, there is a gap (not super long but still probably about an hour or so) and a cash bar. At least there is no honey fund on the registry info tab. I hope they invite DS2's girlfriend - or I'm sure he won't go. I wish I knew her well enough too give her some advice on all of this.
  • Ugh, ad bosses need to be drop kicked.

That said, I'm LITERALLY waiting by the phone today about the muse. job I interviewed for  RING DAMN YOU.

THis weekend was the Mr's birthday, which would hve been better if I hadn't been all migrainey (still migrainey).  We did riding lessons on Saturday--the kiddo did bareback jumps, which she was super excited about (and by 'jumps' we mean 'step over a 2x4' :) )

Yesterday we did a GTG @ my parents house for b-day.
    And my niece is out of the hospital and healthy--food intolerances that passed through breastmilk.  Which is never any sort of fun and when wee tiny 3month olds (ok, not tiny, 2x Buffy's size at that age) can't keep things down for a day or 2, you get to do lots of visits to ER, because you can't risk dehydration.

I'm dinking around, on medication, until school pickup--at which point I get to whisk buffy to OT then to her girl scout art project thing, then back here for dinner, and...sheesh, I could use a nap, but the migraine won't let me get one

• I'm on my 8th consecutive full day of work.  I'm tired, but wasn't at all upset about being called in both Saturday and Sunday, so I've got that going for me, knowing I love my job enough to sacrifice an entire weekend.  I think there's a day off in the near future.  DH knocked off most of his To-Do list in my absence.  I hope he had a nice weekend; I didn't see much of him. 

Right now, I'm so very hungry and all I have left of lunch is an apple, which I can't eat if I want to go for a run tonight, because apples are my trigger for exercise-induced anaphylaxis.  I do want to run, I can't let my crazy work hours disrupt the routine I struggled to establish in the first place, but I'm afraid the hunger might win.

What a dilemma...

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Pretty low key day today. Went to Costco and found some barstools that I think we will give DS2 for his birthday since we can't go to the store he wants to go to in his city. Have bookclub tonight - always fun. 

You're Indy-based, right?  If so, which Costco is yours (NW side, Southside, or Castleton)? 
  • edited February 2017
    Sending healing vibes to all who need them!

@thefanciestbeckler, holy shit. That is some serious fuckery.

Happy belated birthday, @VarunaTT! Yesterday was my birthday as well, but I'm a bit older than you, I think.

The weekend was awesome and much-needed. Today I got a bonus birthday present: our old housemate showed up at our Monday night meeting. We didn't part ways on the best of terms, but I was still worried that we didn't see her at meetings for MONTHS. FW wasn't sure she was still alive and sober. She's not only OK, but much better than she was when we saw her last. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Pretty low key day today. Went to Costco and found some barstools that I think we will give DS2 for his birthday since we can't go to the store he wants to go to in his city. Have bookclub tonight - always fun. 

You're Indy-based, right?  If so, which Costco is yours (NW side, Southside, or Castleton)? 
    Castleton.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Pretty low key day today. Went to Costco and found some barstools that I think we will give DS2 for his birthday since we can't go to the store he wants to go to in his city. Have bookclub tonight - always fun. 

Castleton.
    We were at Costco at the same time as you, but at the NW side one.  :D  
  • I'm not late, just extending your party @OurWildKingdom and @VarunaTT!

• mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

Castleton.
    We were at Costco at the same time as you, but at the NW side one.  :D  
    Went back today a bought 2 sets of stools. Happy Birthday DS2!
  • @OurWildKingdom I celebrated my 40th birthday.

I still keep looking around, trying to decide when adulting became a reality.  :smile:
  • VarunaTT said:
    @OurWildKingdom I celebrated my 40th birthday.

I still keep looking around, trying to decide when adulting became a reality.  :smile:
    Happy belated to you both!!!

And when you find out that adulting is real, let me know.  
  • VarunaTT said:
    @OurWildKingdom I celebrated my 40th birthday.

I just turned 42, and I can relate. :)