Wedding Woes
Options

Please dress me

HeffalumpHeffalump member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited March 2017 in Wedding Woes
I'm shopping for dresses for my brother's wedding.  Daytime wedding, ceremony and reception indoors at a manor house that's been converted to a hotel and wedding venue.  Cocktails in the garden.  DH will be wearing a suit of some sort, DS will be in a mini-suit (dyyying!), Wooz will likely be in a gold FG dress.  (Something like this, which is the pic the bride sent, but I really hope she doesn't pick this exact one because the site looks sketchy as hell.)

Option 1

DR14137 - Aqua Cloud Tulle Net Dress

Option 2

Option 3

Option 4

Please dress me 31 votes

Option 1 (silver/aqua)
35% 11 votes
Option 2 (pink)
9% 3 votes
Option 3 (coral/aqua)
19% 6 votes
Option 4 (aqua/gold)
32% 10 votes
Option 5 (SS, explain in comments)
3% 1 vote

Re: Please dress me

• Options
    I voted for Option 1 but Option 3 would be a great choice as well. Also, I'm dying over how cute that FG dress is but yeah, LightIntheBox is sketchy from what I've heard.
  • Options
    They're all beautiful, but I especially love option 1! That's what I voted for :)

• Options
    I voted for Option 1 but Option 3 would be a great choice as well. Also, I'm dying over how cute that FG dress is but yeah, LightIntheBox is sketchy from what I've heard.
    It just looks like I'm begging to have my CC# ripped off. :(
  • Options
    I voted for Option 4 because it just screams "cocktails in the garden of a hotel" to me. But I also really love Option 3 and Option 1. 

Confession: I didn't read your post thoroughly at first and I honestly thought the gold dress from LightInTheBox was a dress you were going to wear - not a FG dress for Wooz. 
  • Options
    4,1,2,3 is my order or choice. Do you have the same coloring as the models? That could determine things too.
  • Options
    Option 3 or Option 4. 
    I think #2 is super pretty but it almost seems overdone for daytime wedding/not a member of the bridal party. 

#1 - it may just be the picture but I'm getting Miss Havisham does Bollywood. It's just coming off as more dingey light grey and old fashioned rather than silver. 
  • Options
    I voted 3 because it is so pretty and looks ultra comfortable. 4 is a CLOSE second, followed by 1 (a little plain comparatively) then 2 (not my colors).
  • Options
    I voted for Option 4 because it just screams "cocktails in the garden of a hotel" to me. But I also really love Option 3 and Option 1. 

Confession: I didn't read your post thoroughly at first and I honestly thought the gold dress from LightInTheBox was a dress you were going to wear - not a FG dress for Wooz. 
    LOL, that would be hilarious. :)

4,1,2,3 is my order or choice. Do you have the same coloring as the models? That could determine things too.
    I do not.  Fair skinned (some might say pale :P ), dark blonde, green eyes.  They have a lot of nude-ish dresses that were really pretty but would completely wash me out, so I tried to stay away from those.

• Options

Yeah, that site looks sketchy to me also...many online reviewers claim they were scammed or asked to pay additional shipping charges!

I voted for Dress 1, but I also like dress 4.

• Options
    Based on how you described your coloring I say 4,3,1,2
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I voted for the fourth one.
    Im also dying at the thought of your son in a little suit...that's always the cutest! :) 
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I voted for Option 1. I would say Option 4 next, and I also like Option 3, but I liked the colours in the other two options better. Option 2 seems a bit too dramatic for cocktails in the garden.
  • Options
    I voted for #3, it would be great with a gold Fg and the coral is just so pretty. 

Also I agree with everyone and that I can't wait to see pictures!
  • Options
    I originally voted for 2, but I'm now leaning more towards 3. The coral and aqua will look great with your coloring.