Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

"Please silence cell phones....."

2»

Re: "Please silence cell phones....."

• Also, in most instances (Internet forums excepted) PUBLICLY calling out someone's rudeness is worse than whatever the rude behavior was in the first place.

Just my opinion, for what little it's worth.
    In my second post, which you quoted, I said beepers pre-cell phone, were not rude if on call for an emergency.

And you just reiterated my original point. Just bc nobody gives you any grief doesn't mean they aren't offended if you can't be bothered to put your phone on vibrate. They are just polite enough to not call you out.

Basically, if you are a first responder who leaves their on call phone ringer turned up, than yes, I put you in the same category as people who forget to turn their phone off. It's rude, regardless of your profession. 
    You apparently missed the part where I said my mother kept her phone on vibrate. And I don't know any first responders who would deliberately leave their ringers turned on in a setting that required quiet.
    No, I saw it. You're taking this all too personally. If your mom keeps her phone on vibrate she is polite. As such, you can't really relate to someone whose father got called out by a nun for having their phone on in church, which is super rude. Which I don't find debatable since the vibrate feature was invented. It doesn't matter why you have a phone or if it's deliberate, it's rude if you forget and rings in church, a wedding, funeral, graduation, etc. It's not that hard.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• edited September 2016
    Also, in most instances (Internet forums excepted) PUBLICLY calling out someone's rudeness is worse than whatever the rude behavior was in the first place.

In my second post, which you quoted, I said beepers pre-cell phone, were not rude if on call for an emergency.

And you just reiterated my original point. Just bc nobody gives you any grief doesn't mean they aren't offended if you can't be bothered to put your phone on vibrate. They are just polite enough to not call you out.

Basically, if you are a first responder who leaves their on call phone ringer turned up, than yes, I put you in the same category as people who forget to turn their phone off. It's rude, regardless of your profession. 
    You apparently missed the part where I said my mother kept her phone on vibrate. And I don't know any first responders who would deliberately leave their ringers turned on in a setting that required quiet.
    No, I saw it. You're taking this all too personally. If your mom keeps her phone on vibrate she is polite. As such, you can't really relate to someone whose father got called out by a nun for having their phone on in church, which is super rude. Which I don't find debatable since the vibrate feature was invented. It doesn't matter why you have a phone or if it's deliberate, it's rude if you forget and rings in church, a wedding, funeral, graduation, etc. It's not that hard.
    Fine. I can't relate. I shouldn't have posted anything. Stupid me. Happy now?
  • Also, in most instances (Internet forums excepted) PUBLICLY calling out someone's rudeness is worse than whatever the rude behavior was in the first place.

FFS. I never said that. Post away. I'll try to be more delicate in the future. Happy, so very, very happy.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Ironring said:
    Those pesky babies always want to be born at the most inopportune times. 
    DONT THEY KNOW IM AT A WEDDING? 
    At my 36 week appointment during my first pregnancy my OB told me her son's communion was May 22 and asked me to not have the baby that day.  She was joking but in the split second before I realized I was like, "um...I'll try?" Lol

FFS. I never said that. Post away. I'll try to be more delicate in the future. Happy, so very, very happy.
    Sorry, I'm in a mood. I sent you a PM.
  • I will definitley be asking my guests to put their phones on vibrate for the ceremony. I don't think it is rude or unreasonable.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. -Lao Tzu

• I will definitley be asking my guests to put their phones on vibrate for the ceremony. I don't think it is rude or unreasonable.
    This is an old thread.  Please do not resurrect it, particularly on a topic such as this.  Please search the boards for "unplugged ceremonies" and read the responses. 
  • Yupp, my wedding has passed months ago. 

• Uh-oh, Zombies! Run!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards