Chit Chat

Ewwwww

2»

Re: Ewwwww

• Heffalump said:
    CMGragain said:
    Speaking of this, why are there so many different seat heights on toilets?  There is one hotel chain that features super low seats.  (Hilton Garden Inn)  They are really hard for me to get up from the low position.  This is in the USA!
    Anybody know anything about plumbing fixtures?

http://homeability.com/whats-the-best-toilet-height/

I do not, but since having a boy, I'm the opposite.  I'm like "Why are some of these so high?"  DD obviously never stood to pee, so it was less of an issue, but DS can't reach some of the toilets we run across.  I have to hold him up and try to aim him, or just have him sit.  (I always wondered how people managed to get pee on the seat, and now I have some theories.  Although I also agree that I do NOT understand not wiping up afterward.) 

So, I'm definitely not saying they should all be low to accommodate 3 y.o. recently potty trained boys.  I will just say that lately, I have really noticed the vast variation in toilet heights.
    Funnily enough, even as an adult, I LOVE the short toilets, because I'm very short and it's logistically very difficult to use taller ones.