Wedding Woes

Finally Friday

Morning all!

What's up today? What's on tap for the weekend?

I have to leave shortly to go to the doctor for a physical. Boo. At least it shortens my work day. 

Not much going on this weekend. Maybe some cleaning and grocery shopping. It seems like my weekends are either jam packed with stuff to do, or else I have nothing at all. 

DH is heading up to DC today. If anybody has any recommendations of places to eat, we will take them! I would say recommendations of thing to do, but duh. Washington DC is full of free things to do. 

Re: Finally Friday

• Crashed so early last night. Like 8:15 early. I'm just so tired with this cold!

Tomorrow isn't a huge amount of stuff. In the evening is a bday dinner for my nana, she's turning 89 :)
    We're suppose to go to a friend's place after, but idk. I'm feeling awful so I may not go.

Sunday I think we're having a belated St. Paddy's day dinner at M's grandparents place.

I'm prob going to clean a bathroom. At least the cleaning supplies will help clear my sinuses lmao! I wanted to get a shelf into the basement, but I highly doubt I will. I may see if M can carry it alone :\
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    DH and I were up all night with a sick kid.  I found out he's a sympathy puker.  We're both dragging today. 

I just did a FAST swing through Kohls because m2 needed socks and Max needed underwear.  They had these Yankee candle Christmas thingies marked down to $4.45 so I bought a bunch for gifts. 

Tomorrow is my cousin's 50th.  She's the start of my mom and my aunt having 7 kids in 4 years so there are a lot of 50ths to come.  3 of them my siblings.  When did we get old?!?!?

Sunday we leave for Spring Break!!!
  • @thefanciestbeckler  boo physical but yay short day ;)

@6fsn  When it comes to people, it depends. I'm a sympathy gagger. Cat sick, I'm fine and M can't handle it. It'll be interesting when we have a kid ...

@DrillSergeantCat  Vibes for mortgage and that xh has smooth surgery! I can only imagine the type of pain :\
  • I am tired and it's dreary-ass day.  I want to curl up and nap.  

No idea on tonight.  

Tomorrow I have to do some shopping.  The kiddo's having party tomorrow night.  I may have to bring a cooler up to my room so I don't have to keep mixing/refilling drinks in front of teenagers.  ;) 

Sunday, recovery?

The kids are on spring break starting this afternoon.  

DefConn has a rash on his butt.  If it doesn't clear up by the end of the weekend, I guess he's going to the doctor. 
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2017
    It IS finally Friday!  I have 72 pages to proof, and I'm on page 12. :\  At least it's a second draft, so it should go faster.  But I'm having a hard time finding my motivation. 

Wooz had a great time on her field trip yesterday.  When I picked her up, I told her to tell me all about it, and she said "Later.  I'm too tired."  This child has been too tired to talk maybe twice before in her entire life. :)

DS has his first of two soccer skills camps tonight. 6:00 - 7:00, two minutes from Chick-fil-A, so I have a feeling that's dinner tonight.  (Also, have y'all used their app?  It's like magic.) 

Tomorrow is the usual.  The way things shook out, Saturdays are Wooz's day (riding and swim), and Sundays are DS's day (swim and soccer).  Sunday is his first game, go Team Gray! 

Still waiting on dates for my grandma's funeral service and interment.  I know it's selfish, and I'll deal either way, but it would be helpful if it were during Wooz's spring break.  My mom asked me for the dates, so it's a factor.  But I also know I'm one of six grandkids, plus everyone else, so I don't expect plans to revolve around our schedule.  It's just nice when things work out.
  • We're chillin today. DH was able to get off early last night so I skipped dancing. 

Laundry and other boring things tomorrow. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! :)
  • I'm fairly certain that students were drunk when I walked across campus to my first class today (it started at 9:30). Apparently St. Patrick's Day is a big deal here on campus. 

Having the second part of the root canal finished today. Hoping that it's not as painful as the first part. Someone at least lie to me and tell me that it isn't. 

Went to a Protect Roe Activist meeting last night and I'm feeling excited.
  • I'm congested, my glands are swollen, and I'm tired. I want to go home. I hope this isn't the start of the nasty cold that's been going around. We're supposed to meet with our accountant tomorrow to file our taxes, then do some more prep work so we can start the nursery conversion. And then Sunday I am meeting some friends to finish my registry, help another friend start building hers, and then get lunch after. So I can't be getting sick. I just can't!
  • Been to the Y and home so far. Headed to Pilates in a few minutes. Tomorrow is Chicago to see Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Won't see DD and SIL for long since they will be out car shopping when we arrive, and they have a commitment after church on Sunday. Hopefully next month I'll get to see them more (or at least DD). 

New bedroom lamps arrived yesterday, I think I like them. DH didn't say anything about them since I was at bookclub when he got home last night.
  • VarunaTT said:
    I'm actually getting over my cold fairly quickly.  It's amazing how much sleep can recharge you!  :D  Oh and I had a massage, last minute, last night.  It was amazing.  I feel a lot better.

This weekend we have a roller derby game.  I'd sit it out, but it's a 3 hour drive away and K would be driving by herself.  Besides, I always have fun.  Sunday is putting our damn apartment back together and working on Pride.
    Yay for massage!
    Maybe that's why I've been sleeping so much lately ....
  • Fridays are my half days.  I should be off work in 7 minutes, but I've slacked too much (ie Knotted too much) and will be here for another 30-45 minutes to get my weekly reports out.

After work I'm going to the bank and doing some grocery shopping.  But, most importantly, picking up sushi for lunch.

Since we went on vacation for a week and then I immediately went back to work Tuesday, I'm looking forward to spending this weekend primarily relaxing at home.  We also still need to unpack!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're having people over for St. Patrick's Day tonight so I need to get my act together and get moving. And finish my paper, which I've been trying to do every day for a week, but the article I'm reviewing is just so bad I don't have any motivation. Review: this is useless research. It does not add to scientific knowledge or literature in any constructive way. I can submit that, right? 

Other plans for the weekend include installing the rest of the security cameras, more homework, and maybe a hike. I think it's supposed to start cooling down again, thank goodness. 

Is anyone making anything special for St Patrick's day? I'm thinking of making Guinness Beef Stew or Cottage Pie. I know the Cottage Pie is more English, but it might be too warm for stew here. 

• @short+sassy meant to ask yesterday, on your PT job taking pictures, what are the event boards? I'm picturing the daily lists of events and who is in which conference space or whatever which doesn't seem quite right. 
  • My back/shoulder blades are killing me lately. I think I'm going to stop at one of those foot spa places on the way home and get a massage since they do a full body massage and it's usually pretty firm pressure. Only downside is the first 20 min or so you're lying on your back with your feet soaking and laying like that kills my lower back. I thought about seeing if H wants to get one at the same time too but I have a feeling he will have been hitting the beer all afternoon and I don't want to deal with him.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2017
    Afternoon report:

Three tanks have been destroyed in the wash this week.  THREE. WTF?  And one was my fave workout tank and the other was one of my favorite compression tanks (all my tops just slid over it and it stayed in place so well).

ETA: Just found a 4th ruined one.  I am going through laundry with a fine tooth comb to find out what the fuck happened.  This is bullshit. 

My sister's dog has been having health probs for a couple months now.  It's cancer and it's not looking good for the poor pup.  She's truly BIL's dog and has been pretty out of it since he deployed.  She may not make it until he gets back. I'm hoping they can put her on some treatment to help her maintain, but we'll see.  :(   I was really worried about this happening with her age and attachment to him.

A job offer is forthcoming for DH.  They're working on it now.  I wish they'd give it to him today so we can mull it over this weekend.  He's still very on the fence.    
  • FW's been visiting FMIL all week in Little Rock, (she's on spring break) and she comes home Sunday night! So part of this weekend is going to be cleaning the house.

Tomorrow is bingo at the nursing home, and Sunday is my Humanist group meeting. Apart from that, the usual meetings.
  • kvruns said:
    @short+sassy meant to ask yesterday, on your PT job taking pictures, what are the event boards? I'm picturing the daily lists of events and who is in which conference space or whatever which doesn't seem quite right. 

I think you're picturing exactly what I am talking about.  Most hotels that do a reasonable amount of events, will have a board somewhere that lists what companies/organizations are having what meetings...with the time frame and meeting room where those meetings are being held.  Sometimes the boards are electronic.  Sometimes they are printed and put in a stand, that gets changed out each day.

Some smaller properties don't have an event board, per se.  So, in those cases, I go to the actual meeting rooms and take pics of the outside placard(s).

I'm an independent contractor for the company I work for, but have been doing this gig for over 5 years.  It's killer money for the time spent.  Although I don't get paid by the hour, it averages out to be about $45-$50/hour.  Though gas and wear/tear on my car and the occasional money for a meter is on me.  So, although I'm bummed to have lost 8 hotels in the last 4 months, I still love this job and think its the best thing since sliced bread.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    @short+sassy meant to ask yesterday, on your PT job taking pictures, what are the event boards? I'm picturing the daily lists of events and who is in which conference space or whatever which doesn't seem quite right. 

I think you're picturing exactly what I am talking about.  Most hotels that do a reasonable amount of events, will have a board somewhere that lists what companies/organizations are having what meetings...with the time frame and meeting room where those meetings are being held.  Sometimes the boards are electronic.  Sometimes they are printed and put in a stand, that gets changed out each day.

Some smaller properties don't have an event board, per se.  So, in those cases, I go to the actual meeting rooms and take pics of the outside placard(s).

I'm an independent contractor for the company I work for, but have been doing this gig for over 5 years.  It's killer money for the time spent.  Although I don't get paid by the hour, it averages out to be about $45-$50/hour.  Though gas and wear/tear on my car and the occasional money for a meter is on me.  So, although I'm bummed to have lost 8 hotels in the last 4 months, I still love this job and think its the best thing since sliced bread.

what do these pictures get used for? I guess I'm not quite understanding the "why" of this although the money sounds great for you!!
  • Hi all!  Crazy day yesterday at work and again today but I'm sneaking out soon.  Tonight is dinner with the friend who had to cancel last weekend, tomorrow is a 5k I'm not running in Toledo (I'm PMing you in case you feel up for it @charlotte989875) and Sunday I'm working a bridal show.

Sleep, who needs it?!  At least my insomnia wake spell last night started at 4:30 instead of the usual 2:30.  Ugh.

@VarunaTT  Yay for you!  All of it!

• 6fsn6fsn member
    @mrs.conn23- I saw a "news" thing the other day that said to zip up zippers so they are less likely to snag and destroy other clothes in the wash.  Made sense, but I still doubt I'll do it.
  • @kimmiinthemitten, I messaged you back. 

Root of canals are terrible. Take really good care of your teeth, so you never have to feel this way!
  • Work vent:

Dear client:  wanting to be this profession when you were a kid doesn't not, in reality, translate into knowing a damn thing about this profession as an adult.  Perhaps, if you had listened to my boss, and even me, rather than talking about how you were almost in this profession, you wouldn't be so mad right now.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    edited March 2017
    So, remember me mentioning that December was our month of focusing on being kind in my house (where I literally told my child I didn't give a shit what she learned in school, she needed to do 1 kind thing per day)?  Some of that started with her list of enemies, which had K. at the top of it.

I told her then that one of her kind things had to be toward someone on that list--not that you can't have enemies, but, I know my kid, and she is crazy weird on some things, and she decides people are out to get her sometimes (this is an area OT is helping with).
    Well, during that window, she and K kinda bonded over Hershey kisses that my kid took as 'sharing candy'.  And over Christmas break, she wrote K. an apology note (her choice--I did zero pushing.  I just made some rules like 'no buts in apologies').

Well, apparently we're going to K's birthday party tomorrow.  So...yay for mended fences?
    Also, at this moment in time, THe Mr. and I are both having rough evenings...but HE doesn't have a migraine, and the kiddo asked HIM to make mini fairy dolls right now....
    He is making fairy dolls while drinking whiskey...and trying to convince the kiddo to make one of them have 3 heads. Cerebrufairy.

Also, tues is my last day w/ the old job, been doing PT at the new one for the time being. (I worked the old one for an absurd number of hours yesterday)
    I am overwhelmed, because I learned all about the POS system today.  THose fuckers are a lot of buttons.  When I did retail last, I literally had to type in prices and 'count up'--not because the tech wasn't there but because my boss refused to use it.
    But I now know how to admit guests and sell museum memberships and sell things from the gift shop, assuming you don't give me a REALLY hard question.
  • kvruns said:
    kvruns said:

what do these pictures get used for? I guess I'm not quite understanding the "why" of this although the money sounds great for you!!
    They've never outright told me what they use the pics for, but I can take an educated guess.  I know their clients are hotels.  I think it is a combo of their clients wanting to know what events their franchisees have going on and also just a general what are events going on in the city and/or groups coming to town.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker