Wedding Woes
Options

Monday!

2»

Re: Monday!

• Options
    OMG!  Mouse is such a cutie @DrillSergeantCat!!!  <3

Wow @thefanciestbeckler.  That's fucked up and I don't blame her for peacing out. Fuck your boss. 

I just got word that I was taken off the waitlist for vacation on Wednesday.  YAY!  DH and DefConn won't be home until midday tomorrow at the earliest (I think...unless they deadhead back overnight.  The funeral starts in a half hour.) and DH doesn't go back to work until Wednesday night.  So we can go do something fun early in the day with DefConn before DH has to get home to sleep.  Tomorrow is DefConn's actual bday and I was on the waitlist to be off, but having Wednesday works out much better considering how things turned out.  
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Some day I will go to the doctor and not have to fight the bill.  Primary care visits are supposed to be paid 100% with no deductible.  I just got a bill for $189. 

I wish they would listen when I say I'm outside of the county so I AM in network and they need to send the bill to a different location.

On the plus side they sent the labs to the right place so at least I don't have to fight that too.
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat , what a cutie!

Friday night I took Chiquita to a magic show at school.   She had a brief meltdown that was fixed quickly but I have to say dealing with her temper is one of my least favorite things.   It's reminding me to keep my own in check but holy moly - an upset 6 yo who fears her friends hate her because they don't want to share takes a lot of diplomacy.

That night Chiquito was off and he's been off and on all weekend.   Today is just a cold rainy day and Chiquito fell asleep in the car on the 10 minute ride to daycare.   I hope my baby is OK.  It's not like him to not be feisty in the morning.  It's been 4 hours and no phone call so my fingers are crossed that he makes it through the day.

• Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2017

@*Barbie* and @DrillSergeantCat, I love the kid pics!  DSC, sorry to hear about your H's tenant.  If you all need any advice on working with the tenants in regards to damage and/or "tenants while selling a house", feel free to PM me.

@thefanciestbeckler, I expect better from your coworkers.  If she wasn't singing "Take This Job and Shove It" at the top of her lungs, while throwing her monitor through a window or against the wall, I'm just not impressed, lol.  If at all possible, I wouldn't walk out if I were you.  As tempting as it is.  From what I've picked up, there is a good chance you might be laid off in the near future anyway.  Wait for that or another job, because you can't collect unemployment if you leave.

@banana468, I hope Chiquito's feeling okay today.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 OMG she's so cute and squishy!!!!!! Squeeeeeeeeeee!!!

@*Barbie* she's such a cutie! The second photo is my favorite - you can really see her personality :)

@DrillSergeantCat he's adorable!!! 

@mrsconn23 I'm sorry about your last minute change of plans. DefConn sounds pretty resilient (I'm sure the shiny new truck helped ;) )

So Friday I left work early so H & I could go visit Beans' future daycare when the place wasn't the Enchanted Forest (last time we were there touring it was naptime). We absolutely love it and are going to put a deposit down this week! All the kids really looked happy and had great self confidence. When we stepped into the 4-year-old classroom they were all doing independent art projects, and a little girl walked up to one of the teachers with a drawing with a heart cut out and told the teacher she had made it for her. Welp. Preggo mom hormones kicked in and I started bawling because it was the sweetest thing ever. 

Saturday my mom came over with some of my old baby things that she and my dad had saved and I made a crab quiche and a peach berry cobbler for lunch, which were so good. 

Saturday night H & I were exhausted so we got sandwiches delivered. We will not be ordering from that place for a while because all Saturday night and into Sunday morning we were siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick. And then we were down for the count yesterday all day. 

We are both feeling better today, but it's the Mondayest of all Mondays - it's raining and I realized I left my laptop at home once I got to the office, so I had to turn around and drive all the way home and back to get it. Arrrrghh..
  • Options

@sparklepants41, I misread your post at first and thought you had prepared a crib quiche.  I was guessing a quiche shaped like a crib and was like, "DAMN!  That IS some crazy preggo hormones going on, lol."

Crab quiche makes a lot more sense and sounds delicious!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OMGoodness, love all the cute baby and kid pictures!

The weekend was a blur, as my weekends typically are. I took on yet another volunteer gig doing data entry for the progressive caucus. (The good news is that it's something I can do from home, with some flexibility.) My training is on Wednesday after work.

FW was moody this weekend, but we did have fun at the movies and playing trivia. I also reserved some tickets for the annual film festival for us. 

I had my phone interview for the mentoring program half an hour ago. I think it went OK. I hope.
  • Options
    @short+sassy I know right?!?! An exit like that would have been much better. No worries, I wouldn't actually walk out. DH and I aren't in the position financially for me to be able to be out of work by choice. 

Update- teammate returned. I wouldn't have if I was her, but then again I also would have caused a huge scene instead of leaving quietly like she did. I kind of wanted her to not come back. Just to prove a point to the boss. I love working with her though, so I'm happy that she did decide to come back for now. 

• Options

@sparklepants41, I misread your post at first and thought you had prepared a crib quiche.  I was guessing a quiche shaped like a crib and was like, "DAMN!  That IS some crazy preggo hormones going on, lol."

LOL - that would be really industrious (and probably crunchy LOL). The crab quiche was delicious - I'm happy to share the recipe if you'd like!!
  • Options

LOL - that would be really industrious (and probably crunchy LOL). The crab quiche was delicious - I'm happy to share the recipe if you'd like!!
    Please do!
  • Options
    @short+sassy I know right?!?! An exit like that would have been much better. No worries, I wouldn't actually walk out. DH and I aren't in the position financially for me to be able to be out of work by choice. 

Update- teammate returned. I wouldn't have if I was her, but then again I also would have caused a huge scene instead of leaving quietly like she did. I kind of wanted her to not come back. Just to prove a point to the boss. I love working with her though, so I'm happy that she did decide to come back for now. 
    soooo extended lunch then? lol

we've had people not get along with someone and leave for the day, storming out too.  But then the next day they're all nice to each other again like nothing happened.  

• Options
    @DrillSergeantCat  Mouse and Norah!! And Mouse's little hair wings <3 !

Guyssss ...... all these kids are killing me! :'( Too cute! I want one *sob*

@sparklepants41  you better post photos of baby Sparkles
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger I definitely will! We have the big 20 week checkup (even though I'm at 19 weeks) on Wednesday - I will be getting more ultrasound pics then!
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger I definitely will! We have the big 20 week checkup (even though I'm at 19 weeks) on Wednesday - I will be getting more ultrasound pics then!
    Share when you have them? :)
  • Options
    @CharmedPam yeah pretty much just a long lunch. From what she's told me she really wasn't planning on coming back, but she cooled off and decided that that wasn't the wisest choice. 

• Options
    @thefanciestbeckler that story's ending is almost as disappointing as a DD when nothing got crazy.  I was totally hoping for:

@charlotte989875 and @DrillSergeantCat oh my gosh they're so cute!  And charlotte - that hair!

Also, your guys' kiddo stories always crack me up.  Stop doing that, it makes parenthood sound almost doable - come back tomorrow with the scary stories that motivate people to use birth control ;)

I'll post more tomorrow.  Just wanted to pop in late and say hi!