Registry and Gift Forum

No name on gift

My fiance and I have started receiving wedding gifts- which is very exciting! However we've received one off our registry and don't know who it is from ( it was sent to our house). We're doing what we can to find out who sent it so we can send proper thank-you, but does anyone know how to check a Kohls registry to know who the sender is? And to prevent this from happening again- is there a way to wor d the registry message on the website to encourage people to include a note with their name?

Re: No name on gift

• edited March 2017
    You shouldn't have to ask guests to do that. Most registry's include the sender's name. Have you called Kohls customer service? The same thing happened with DD but with a gift from William Sonoma. They called and were told who sent it.
  • My fiance and I have started receiving wedding gifts- which is very exciting! However we've received one off our registry and don't know who it is from ( it was sent to our house). We're doing what we can to find out who sent it so we can send proper thank-you, but does anyone know how to check a Kohls registry to know who the sender is? And to prevent this from happening again- is there a way to wor d the registry message on the website to encourage people to include a note with their name?
    I didn't use Kohls, but both Target and Macy's had a "thank you manager" that allowed you to see who purchased what, does anything like that show up in your registry menu? If not call customer service or go in to the store, and they should be able to find who sent it. 
  • This happened to my daughter, but the gift was not from her registry.  We still have no idea who sent the beautiful crystal vase.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • @CMGragain, @charlotte989875 @ILoveBeachMusic

Thanks for the help. I called Kohls customer service and they said they could not find out who sent it, so that's kind of frustrating. Hopefully we'll find out soon.
  • @CMGragain, @charlotte989875 @ILoveBeachMusic

Thanks for the help. I called Kohls customer service and they said they could not find out who sent it, so that's kind of frustrating. Hopefully we'll find out soon.
    And there's no way online to check? I'm surprised they couldn't/wouldn't tell you the name, they must have the purchasers information. 
  • @charlotte989875 We both scoured the website and the package to find a name but haven't found it. The rep said a store may be able to look it up, but I don't know if it has to be the same store the person purchased it from or not. I guess I'll find out this weekend if I get a chance to go.
  • @charlotte989875 We both scoured the website and the package to find a name but haven't found it. The rep said a store may be able to look it up, but I don't know if it has to be the same store the person purchased it from or not. I guess I'll find out this weekend if I get a chance to go.
    That sucks. Did you register in store? That location might be able to help if the item actually came off your registry. And if you have a gift receipt and shipping info that came with the gift that should be all you need. I'm flummoxed that they aren't more helpful for you. 
  • We had this with a couple of gifts for our wedding too. One was this picture of two people (not us) walking on a beach with our names in the sand and a heart around them. Super weird and no name attached. We asked around a little and no one claimed it. Not much you can do about that.
    *********************************************************************************

• We had this with a couple of gifts for our wedding too. One was this picture of two people (not us) walking on a beach with our names in the sand and a heart around them. Super weird and no name attached. We asked around a little and no one claimed it. Not much you can do about that.

Can you blame them for not wanting to claim that?