Favors

Favor Ideas

So - I'm getting married in September and we've started looking for favours.

I'm Australian and were getting married in Paris, we originally wanted to do small succulents but seeing as half the guest will be coming from Australian it's not really practical. We then thought seeds- but I think that's a bit naff and the Australian customs might take them off anyone going back

So I then thought food - like a small cake or something that says France and Australia. But FI doesn't like that idea. He said its weird to give desert when people are about to eat (the French and their rules about food!!) He also has a really sensitive nose (He can tell if our neighbour is putting perfume on!!) so we rule out candles for that - don't want him uncomfortable on the night

So that's where I am now - looking for other ideas for something kind of interesting as favours. I know you don't have to get them but we'd like to if we can come up with anything. So any ideas? I'm open to anything!!!

Re: Favor Ideas

• So - I'm getting married in September and we've started looking for favours.

I'm Australian and were getting married in Paris, we originally wanted to do small succulents but seeing as half the guest will be coming from Australian it's not really practical. We then thought seeds- but I think that's a bit naff and the Australian customs might take them off anyone going back

So I then thought food - like a small cake or something that says France and Australia. But FI doesn't like that idea. He said its weird to give desert when people are about to eat (the French and their rules about food!!) He also has a really sensitive nose (He can tell if our neighbour is putting perfume on!!) so we rule out candles for that - don't want him uncomfortable on the night

So that's where I am now - looking for other ideas for something kind of interesting as favours. I know you don't have to get them but we'd like to if we can come up with anything. So any ideas? I'm open to anything!!!
    Could you do food or cooking supplies that isn't edible right away? Salt infused with Herbes de Provence, jams, bitters for cocktails? Small boxes of macaroons

Or else you could package up florintines/madelines/palmiers and Anzac biscuits in a cute box for French and Oz cookies.

Please tell me you are doing a croquembouche! Those are the best parts of French weddings :smile:
  • I would do boxes of petit fours from a local bakery.
    *********************************************************************************

• lnixon8 said:
    You realllly don't need favors at all but since your fiance seems to care why don't you have him come up with with a few ideas?
    Yup. Tell him that you're out of the favor game. If it's left up to you, there won't be any, since they're really not necessary, but if he wants them and since he has particular ideas, he can take care of getting them. I did this with a couple things with my now-H. "You care about this more than I do, so you take care of it."
  • I know there not 100% necessary - but I like them. 
    True I should make him do it - but I'm worried he won't come up with anything I like.

I had thought of madeleines and I thought we could do lamingtons (it's and Australian cake) But he said and I can see why that they aren't things that keep well more than the day there made - so they would have to be done the day of which seems like a bad idea. But the Anzacs could work, and I found this http://shantybiscuits.com/fr/ which could be super cute.

I might just see what he can come up with and then suggest we just do that.

LondonLisa - Not sure about the croquembouche yet - FI isn't a big fan of them (geez I make his sound great!!) So we haven't decided. I like them but there not exactly easy to eat. So not sure. will keep you posted.
  • Lamingtons last at least 3 days and freeze really well. You could make them now and just have to box the up the day before. 
  • My first thought was macaroons.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2017
    La Maison du Chocolat?  http://www.lamaisonduchocolat.us/en_us/wedding-and-party-favors
    Explain to your FI that chocolate = orgasm.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • They don't have them on the French store - how weird. But how cute are the easter ones!! http://www.lamaisonduchocolat.fr/fr/paques

All great ideas. Not 100% sure what we'll do yet but this is helpful.
  • I LOVE LondonLisa's idea of salt infused with Herbes de Provence.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers